The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Product Design 27th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wannabe Prodigy
Revise from the technology student Product Design, it even covers stuff on charity boxes. Hope it helps

Thanks, I am already using that website and its really helpful.:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
[QUOTE="starstudent7;66050597"]
Original post by MeaganL

That's good.:smile: What exam do you have? I am doing it as a textiles student you?:smile: Good luck for your exam tommorow.:wink:

Have it on Monday product design but spurn it as a textiles student. Teacher worked out I think I have to get aroun 70/120 for an overall a grade. What did you make as your product??
Original post by starstudent7
Aww thank you and same to you.:smile: Hope your exam is good tomorrow, what exam do you have?:smile:

Further Maths :smile:
[QUOTE="MeaganL;66051879"]
Original post by starstudent7

Have it on Monday product design but spurn it as a textiles student. Teacher worked out I think I have to get aroun 70/120 for an overall a grade. What did you make as your product??

A playmat:smile: That's good, I am sure you will get an A.:smile:
Does anyone know what the first question actually is? I know that it's about charity boxes and designing one but does anyone know the exact question?
Original post by SkyeAmber
Does anyone know what the first question actually is? I know that it's about charity boxes and designing one but does anyone know the exact question?

If i remember rightly you don't get given the exact question you only get the preliminary material which will give you a theme for the first half of the paper.
So yours is 'charity boxes' therefore research everything to do with different charity boxes, different materials, how they are made etc.
Then when the question comes up it might ask for instance 'charity boxes for use outdoors' therefore you could design a blow moulded, HDPE charity box etc :smile:
And how many marks is the design the charity box question? I'm actually screwed for this exam, don't even know what time it starts :angry:
I think its flatpack charity boxes.
And how many marks is the design the charity box question? I'm actually screwed for this exam, don't even know what time it starts :angry:

Its at 9.00am,:smile:
Original post by James2021
I think its flatpack charity boxes.

Do you know how many marks it is for that question?
Reply 30
Do you know how many marks it is for that question?

The question is 15 marks, the entire section is 30 marks (ish)
Reply 31
My teacher suggested to have a good knowledge of your nets as they're flat packed charity boxes. I think drawing your net would help with showing the construction too as you explain which places fold and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
We never found out our coursework marks, and I've only had this weekend to revise! Thanks further maths 🙄. Anyway charity boxes should be alright, not too difficult, a bit odd though. I have no clue how to revise this because I've lost all motivation and my attention span is 0 thanks to this exam being on the day of my prom😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should also revise your paper types and printing techniques.
When doing ACESSFM for the charity box question do you pick 3 from there and just write them in with the design? And have you all predesigned your boxes?
Original post by Wannabe Prodigy
Revise from the technology student Product Design, it even covers stuff on charity boxes. Hope it helps

Link??
Can anyone think of more 'random' topics to revise? I've covered the basics like properties of different materials, smart materials etc - but last year a lot of specific concepts came up - like the 8 mark question on Working Triangles which I had never heard of :/
Are there any other specific concepts we need to know like that?
Also, does anyone know the difference between production lines and assembly lines??
I think production lines are just the parts being produced for a product, and the assembly line being where the parts are out together into a product, but I don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tasha_140
Can anyone think of more 'random' topics to revise? I've covered the basics like properties of different materials, smart materials etc - but last year a lot of specific concepts came up - like the 8 mark question on Working Triangles which I had never heard of :/
Are there any other specific concepts we need to know like that?
Also, does anyone know the difference between production lines and assembly lines??

Yes you do, I just covered all the content on this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Product-Design-Revision-Collins-Essentials/dp/1906415552

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending