The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NotoriousS
For an a* what do I need to get average in all my other modules roughly? Do they all have to be over 90ums? Or can I have dropped marks and they look more at c3&4 grades?

To get A* you need an average of 90 UMS over C3 and C4, e.g. 100 in C3 and 80 in C4, as well as an A overall, which is 480 UMS out of the total 600 UMS.

So you could get 100, 100, 80 at AS level, 100 in C3, 100 in C4, and zero marks in your last unit, and get A*.
Original post by AJtheconfusedcat
If I get 60 in c3 and 65 in c4, I've lost the A* havn't I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry mate, 60 in C3 is barely an A. And 65 = around 85 UMS. But hey, still an A
60 in c3 and 60 in c4, enough??
Original post by Yua
well 16 is incorrect, you must've made a mistake somewhere

I know what I have done now I didn't realise the 4 cancelled and took it out as a 2 oh well bit silly

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks out of the total 100marks do u think i need to get for 47ums and 57ums??? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by That_other_guy
Can someone please send me a link to the number of Marks on each question

Same, really wanna know too, can you send me them if you find out.

From what i can remember (may be a little wrong just a guess for people to change):

1)6
2)5
3)5
4)4
5i)3
5ii)4
6)6
(another 3 marks somewhere)

7)18
8i)1
8ii)2
8iii)5
8iv)2
8 had another 8 marks somewhere

Thanks, please edit.
Original post by mehtj006
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask if i can have this split

C1234 D1 S2

FP12 S3 S1 M1 M2

From what I know, you are not allowed to use any lesser modules for further than single, so u would have to swap S2 with either S1 or M1. Not certain but from what my teacher told me this is the case
Do you think that 60-65 in c4 and 70ish in c3 could get me an A* ?
How many marks would I lose on question 3 if I did not put dy/dx after I differentiated the cos pi? I differentiated all the rest correctly, but this meant I also would have got part b wrong as well:frown:
Original post by SeanFM
If we assume that you'e satisfied the C3/C4 condition for A* in the worst case scenario (i.e 180/200) then you just need 480 - 180 = 300 UMS from the other 4 modules, which is an average of 75 across 4. So you can afford to make mistakes. And the more you get in C3/C4, the lower this average is (if you get 200/200 then it's an average of 70 across 4, for example).

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4184191

Hi, for question 6 ii and iii I worked out the value of Lambda to be 16, I forgot to divide by 2 :frown: so i carried on to working the next question out with the value of lambda of 16. (the actual answer is 8)

However my working throughout is perfect, i just forgot to divide lambda by 2. Will I lose just two marks for accuracy?
Original post by imran_
Hi, for question 6 ii and iii I worked out the value of Lambda to be 16, I forgot to divide by 2 :frown: so i carried on to working the next question out with the value of lambda of 16. (the actual answer is 8)

However my working throughout is perfect, i just forgot to divide lambda by 2. Will I lose just two marks for accuracy?

I haven't looked at the mark scheme or the questions, so I would just be guessing. I know exams are stressful and people are trying to count their marks / predict their grades etc but personally I wouldn't bother. Just enjoy your holiday if you can.
Original post by SeanFM
I haven't looked at the mark scheme or the questions, so I would just be guessing. I know exams are stressful and people are trying to count their marks / predict their grades etc but personally I wouldn't bother. Just enjoy your holiday if you can.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam-materials/6666_01_msc_20150812.pdf

Its similar to question 6 here, expect my value of K was wrong, and I used the wrong value of K to carry on the question.

For 6A it was 6 marks to find lamba

6b, 4 marks to work it out
Original post by imran_
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam-materials/6666_01_msc_20150812.pdf

Its similar to question 6 here, expect my value of K was wrong, and I used the wrong value of K to carry on the question.

For 6A it was 6 marks to find lamba

6b, 4 marks to work it out

I apologise - I know that this is important to you but I can't help. I would, however, say you'd probably able to make a fairly good/accurate judgement based on the mark scheme of that question. Good luck though :h:

(it is always worth asking someone else who knows more about these things).
Any well thought out grade boundaries?
Original post by AhnafR
guys question 5a was it t=pi/3 or something and you plug it in to dy/dx to find the gradient? and does anybody remember exactly what question 5 said? and the x and y equations?

yes a)dy/dx at P(4root3,15/2)
b)point where dy/dx=0

x=4tant
y=5root3 sin 2t

i remember bc i spent ages in that question.. i got t=pi/3 when i sub x value and t=pi/6 when i sub y value .... so i did both.. i hope i didn't get zero
Original post by ShatnersBassoon
Not necessary - it felt neater to me, so I wrote it, but leaving it as two logarithms +c is fine. Even writing it correctly as two logarithms and then combining it incorrectly would still get you full marks.

Do they care about +C ? I think i forgot to write it for that question..
Marks per question?
Is 67 on C3 and 65 on C4 enough for A*? :frown:
Original post by HoldtheDoor

Honestly I'd guess it's unlikely, but you can't know for sure. Best to relax for now, though I know it's difficult.
Original post by HoldtheDoor

That username bruh ;-;

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending