The Student Room Group

C4 Edexcel Full Worked Solutions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mehtj006
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask if i can have this split C1234 D1 S2 FP12 S3 S1 M1 M2

No, You cannot have S2 in Maths if you don't have S1
Thought the paper was very easy compared usual. Ended up messing 6ii up because I missed the route :/ apart from that it was a nice paper.
Original post by Tan455
So I won't get the marks?

If you've reattempted it correctly, you'll get the marks. See page 6 of 2015's C4 mark scheme on marking guidelines. I assume the same procedure will be followed this year too.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Mathematics/2013/Exam-materials/6666_01_msc_20150812.pdf
Reply 23
Original post by Tan455
Hey for the differential equation question I showed one method for part a and b and then 5 mins before the exam finished I went back and worked it out correctly under the other working out but forgot to cross out the incorrect method.Will I still get the marks?

Just to make you feel more at ease. As long as both methods are there and neither is crossed out, an examiner always has to mark the highest attempt with Edexcel. Some of my teachers are examiners and have always told us never to cross out any work in maths (unless we're sure it's of no use). You are allowed to make as many attempts at a question as you want. The examiner should always mark the highest marking attempt. If the examiner missed it you could always get it remarked and your mark would change. That is edexcels rule. Check the preamble on past paper mark schemes. Do not listen to the person who told you you probably won't get marks. Just thought I'd make you feel better because I know how it feels to be on the edge about this. As long as one is fully correct you will 100% get the marks.
Original post by MathsAndChess
Probably. I only know the math functions though.

Oh? So you did not use the "normal" LaTeX?

I just thought you typed in latex and then exported the pictures..

Dont worry then. It's just that I am such a LaTeX fan!
Yep I can confirm my failure now... :frown:
Reply 26
Original post by WASG
Just to make you feel more at ease. As long as both methods are there and neither is crossed out, an examiner always has to mark the highest attempt with Edexcel. Some of my teachers are examiners and have always told us never to cross out any work in maths (unless we're sure it's of no use). You are allowed to make as many attempts at a question as you want. The examiner should always mark the highest marking attempt. If the examiner missed it you could always get it remarked and your mark would change. That is edexcels rule. Check the preamble on past paper mark schemes. Do not listen to the person who told you you probably won't get marks. Just thought I'd make you feel better because I know how it feels to be on the edge about this. As long as one is fully correct you will 100% get the marks.

Honestly thank you so much I do feel much better now. I was unsure which method was correct because they both looked fine. Luckily one was correct.
Thank you x
Guys, can anyone please estimate how many marks I will lose if I didn't differentiate 17 in the implicit differentiation question and that was my only mistake, please
Original post by mehtj006
Attachment not found
Screenshot_20160625-093945.png
Attachment not found

My method of trapezium rule is fine, I just mistyped the answer, I personally put do it in the form h2(y0+yn+21n1yi)\frac{h}2(y_0 + y_n + 2\sum_1^{n-1} y_i)
(edited 7 years ago)
hey for the implicit differentiation question, I put =17 instead of =0 after differentiated, I only realised right at the end, so started changing everything, but couldn't change the results to partb) as I ran out of time how many marks would I lose??
Would I get error carried forward if I got my dy/dx wrong for question 3b?
friends, for q 3b, i worked out gradient right and everything and set it to 0 then stupidly got -66-3pie/22+pie as my answer, how many marks would i get from 4?
also for q8, when working out the length of the vector i got root8 and did it all correct and simplified that to 2root but may have gone on to say k=2root2 as i didnt realise k was only the number before the root!, if they see my workings ie that i got root8 and simplified it will i get two marks or lose a mark?
last one! do you lose marks for not putting the modulus sign around the lns for q6 i?
Original post by Nightinwind
also for q8, when working out the length of the vector i got root8 and did it all correct and simplified that to 2root but may have gone on to say k=2root2 as i didnt realise k was only the number before the root!, if they see my workings ie that i got root8 and simplified it will i get two marks or lose a mark?

Full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
last one! do you lose marks for not putting the modulus sign around the lns for q6 i?

You won't but you should :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsAndChess
You won't but you should :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

yaaaay you make me happy!
72 in c3 and 65/66 in c4...... any ideas what grade thatl be?
yaaaay you make me happy!
72 in c3 and 65/66 in c4...... any ideas what grade thatl be?

Should be an A* assuming your other modules can make it up to 480 over the six modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending