The Student Room Group

Worrying to be an ethnic minority in a sovereign Britain?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ~scorpio~
Last time I checked the UK hasn't banned any religious symbols and we have Muslim MPs. I'm a Muslim with liberal views and I feel comfortably practicing my religion here than back home. Tsr is like 0.00001% so not bothered really

Ah....so you are like 0.00001% and your answer is basically meaningless? The campaign postering refugees basically meaningless? Nigel Farage basically non existing?
Original post by Nathanielle
Ah....so you are like 0.00001% and your answer is basically meaningless? The campaign postering refugees basically meaningless? Nigel Farage basically non existing?

This was in relation to the rest of the UK, they are far more tolerant than the EU counterparts. Comparing it to tsr is like finding a needle in a haystack. They are a minority and definitely not a good representative of the whole UK.

Anyway bringing up refugees doesn't score you points because if Cameron and Blair didn't put their dirty hands in and meddled in political affairs of the the Middle East, there would be a whole less influx of refugees so I do empathise with the campaign. We are fed up with our current corrupt government spending our tax money on pointless wars and cutting funding of the NHS, Student grants ect
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd worry about your obvious lack of intelligence and not being a minority. I hope that helps.
We are fed up with our current corrupt government spending our tax money on pointless wars and cutting funding of the NHS, Student grants ect

You do realise the campaign was about the EU, not the British government? (Or it should have been, as the referendum is only about the EU:smile: According to the campaign, the refugees are coming because of the EU, not because of a war unrelated to the existence of the EU.
Original post by Rakas21
Of course not, i'm being hypothetical.

Would OP for example contact the police if one of his friends expressed a positive view about ISIS.

It's a problem because you would never have dreamed of asking such an offensively probing question, had OP not been Muslim.
You do realise the campaign was about the EU, not the British government? (Or it should have been, as the referendum is only about the EU:smile: According to the campaign, the refugees are coming because of the EU, not because of a war unrelated to the existence of the EU.

Yes well the government still needed to go. We need someone who puts the interest of the British people first. Not meddle in other country's affairs. Refugees are coming to the EU because they provide a safe haven for them. This wouldn't be happening if the western government didn't intervene in the Middle East.

Also remaining in the EU only concerns the wealthy people who own big businesses and students who are coming from EU to study here and make a life. British people are not listened to and we use this voice to say we had enough.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
It's a problem because you would never have dreamed of asking such an offensively probing question, had OP not been Muslim.

To play devil's advocate, would i need to? There's no smoke without fire.
Yes well the government still needed to go. We need someone who puts the interest of the British people first. Not meddle in other country's affairs. Refugees are coming to the EU because they provide a safe haven for them. This wouldn't be happening if the western government didn't intervene in the Middle East.

Ahem....so the EU should sent the refugees straight to Britain, because the UK is quite active concerning military interventions?!?! Or you mean, the European countries should start a war to be less attractive for people from wartorn countries?

Concerning the wealthy people: They are the ones, who are able to sent their chidlren anywhere, EU or not, poor students are the ones left behind, concerning getting into international companies, goverment positions etc.
Original post by Rakas21
It's less important what religion people have but rather whether they put their nationality first. The problem with a lot of Muslims for example is that they are Muslim first and British second and express solidarity for other Muslims against western interests.

If OP would fight and die for Britain in a war against Pakistan then he has my approval.

Iol

I put my dog turd of a nationality right at the bottom of my list of what I identify as.

Where you going to send me back to?

You are replacing religion with another religion (nationalism).

To give him some credit he has always been expressing his white/British supremacist views.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

To give him some credit he has always been expressing his white/British supremacist views.

It's all dumb, if you treat innocent people as if they are criminals you're setting yourself up for problems.
Original post by Rakas21
To play devil's advocate, would i need to? There's no smoke without fire.

She's a young person on a student forum feeling worried and seeking reassurance, why would you need to?
Original post by NickLCFC
Racism is pretty much an non-issue in the UK. We are one of the most tolerant countries in the world. All the people who are saying they will leave the UK because we are racist and xenophobic are welcome to move to somewhere like France - where ~20% would not want "people of another race" as neighbours.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/05/15/a-fascinating-map-of-the-worlds-most-and-least-racially-tolerant-countries/

How is india the most racist? **** you you are the racist one. India doesnt even get people from another race a lot, about 90% of people in India are indians, so I dont think Indians would mind or have an idea of what other races are like. Also Indians love other people so I dont think nearly half people would say that lol. Your argument is invalid... go f uself
Original post by Anonymous
How is india the most racist? **** you you are the racist one. India doesnt even get people from another race a lot, about 90% of people in India are indians, so I dont think Indians would mind or have an idea of what other races are like. Also Indians love other people so I dont think nearly half people would say that lol. Your argument is invalid... go f uself

These are reliable figures from opinion polls. Obviously there will be a degree of uncertainty, but overall this is a good representation of racial tolerance in the countries shown.
These are reliable figures from opinion polls. Obviously there will be a degree of uncertainty, but overall this is a good representation of racial tolerance in the countries shown.

Thats not an indication of racism. Obviously you would prefer living next to people of your own culture, who might have the same interests as you etc etc so why would you prefer living next to people from other countries. This is generally speaking. Would you rather live next to a brit or a migrant from nigeria. Who would you have more in common with?
Original post by Anonymous
Thats not an indication of racism. Obviously you would prefer living next to people of your own culture, who might have the same interests as you etc etc so why would you prefer living next to people from other countries. This is generally speaking. Would you rather live next to a brit or a migrant from nigeria. Who would you have more in common with?

I'd prefer to live next to a Brit but I wouldn't say that I wouldn't want a neighbour of a different race. The map isn't referring to preference, it relates to people who literally wouldn't want to live next to a person of a different race. I'd say that's a pretty good indicator of racism.
I'd prefer to live next to a Brit but I wouldn't say that I wouldn't want a neighbour of a different race. The map isn't referring to preference, it relates to people who literally wouldn't want to live next to a person of a different race. I'd say that's a pretty good indicator of racism.

If you didnt want a person of a different race... it implies you want a person of the same race.

The map also didnt ask if they want a same raced person living next to them. Maybe they would've said no to that too which makes your argument invalid.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Iol

I put my dog turd of a nationality right at the bottom of my list of what I identify as.

Where you going to send me back to?

You are replacing religion with another religion (nationalism).

Yes but your the type of person who probably looks upon this country and its history with shame.

I'm not proposing we send anybody back anywhere.

I'm more of a western supremacist than a white or British supremacist.

She's a young person on a student forum feeling worried and seeking reassurance, why would you need to?

OP herself may well not be a danger but i was making a larger point to OP which is that many Muslims choose not to be British first and this results in many being apologists or having sympathies even if they'd never actually harm somebody. It's a matter of loyalty, cohesive societies don't work without it.
There are some racists everywhere, sorry you experienced that, but the fact is that the UK has been way more free of it than most places. There is a lot of racism in southern and eastern Europe. It is nonsense to portray anyone wanting an independent UK as racist, please do not let the remain camp's fear mongering and propaganda scare you or make you cynical. Me personally, I voted leave, have had 2 Asian GFs, I am really happy for interracial couples and their kids. I favour our traditional commonwealth links, India particularly interests me and excites me as a trading partner. I voted leave because I believe in a multiracial, but perhaps more monocultural, united UK, fact is many Brexiters could not care less about race, cultural cohesion is much more important. On the other hand there are many pro-Europeans who claim that Brexit are xenophobes, who actually want white christian cultures above all others. European white culture, over inclusive British multiracial culture. Don't believe all the stereotypes.
Ahem....so the EU should sent the refugees straight to Britain, because the UK is quite active concerning military interventions?!?! Or you mean, the European countries should start a war to be less attractive for people from wartorn countries?

Concerning the wealthy people: They are the ones, who are able to sent their chidlren anywhere, EU or not, poor students are the ones left behind, concerning getting into international companies, goverment positions etc.

I didn't say that. Voting leave restricts the number of immigrants coming to this country. That's the whole point of leaving and the government is corrupted as it funds wars and installs fear in people about immigration. It's about time we got rid of the current government.

Yeah but for the wealthy people they make great profit from trading with EU countries.

The only ones who suffer are the poor students. I believe it's not so bad for the UK students as it is for the EU. In the UK we will get more funding, find more work and better opportunities than the EU.
I didn't say that. Voting leave restricts the number of immigrants coming to this country. That's the whole point of leaving and the government is corrupted as it funds wars and installs fear in people about immigration. It's about time we got rid of the current government.

Yeah but for the wealthy people they make great profit from trading with EU countries.

The only ones who suffer are the poor students. I believe it's not so bad for the UK students as it is for the EU. In the UK we will get more funding, find more work and better opportunities than the EU.

OMG...I cannot say more...though now it is to late to ask you to inform you about, what the EU really is and why the referendum was NOT about electing a new government.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending