The Student Room Group

Fee hike in mid-course

Hey, I'm a prospective medical student for 2016 entry in Imperial college London. This is a 6-year course, and the UK is officially leaving the EU in 2 years or so (at least, that's what it looks like). Is there a possibility that after that, halfway through, for the remaining 4 years of my course, my university fees will suddenly get larger (say, to the level of international fees)? If I suddenly need to pay international fees I won't be able to continue studying, and will need to quit halfway through to go somewhere else, so if that's a possibility I might as well just leave now.
Hope this isn't a stupid question.
Original post by felixvc
Hey, I'm a prospective medical student for 2016 entry in Imperial college London. This is a 6-year course, and the UK is officially leaving the EU in 2 years or so (at least, that's what it looks like). Is there a possibility that after that, halfway through, for the remaining 4 years of my course, my university fees will suddenly get larger (say, to the level of international fees)? If I suddenly need to pay international fees I won't be able to continue studying, and will need to quit halfway through to go somewhere else, so if that's a possibility I might as well just leave now.
Hope this isn't a stupid question.

The universities minister and the SLC have confirmed that EU students starting courses in 2016 will have the same fees and student support arrangements throughout their degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending