The Student Room Group

Year 10 Maths Mocks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chris2791
no I am a year 10 student I have taken my gcse for maths early and I am now taking alevel maths and further maths gcse my pixl paper was edexcel style

how can you take a level maths in year 10?
Original post by theBranicAc
how can you take a level maths in year 10?

so I will have interventions after school and also by my tutuor and then as a my teacher is head of maths he will set me a mock for that paper and unit ie Calculus and I must get more than lets say 50% to be entered for the exam and that's how I can do an a alevel

ohh so your do the pixl exam paper aswell, did you do aqa exam style or exdecel, because as a top set my class has to do both aqa and exdecel

Our year all did edexcel style maths and AQA style English.
Our maths teacher didn't want us even doing that because of the stats exam so there's no way he'd have let us do both. There doesn't seem to be much point doing both anyway as we're doing the edexcel exam next year so what would be the point of doing AQA style questions as well as edexcel in the official mock lol
so I will have interventions after school and also by my tutuor and then as a my teacher is head of maths he will set me a mock for that paper and unit ie Calculus and I must get more than lets say 50% to be entered for the exam and that's how I can do an a alevel

That's really cool! I would like to do something like that, but my school doesn't allow anyone to further maths or anything. they are thinking of not letting us do the maths statistics as it is next year!

btw what do you want to do when your older?
Original post by bluepearl7
That's really cool! I would like to do something like that, but my school doesn't allow anyone to further maths or anything. they are thinking of not letting us do the maths statistics as it is next year!

btw what do you want to do when your older?

I want to become a Nuero-Oncologist Surgeon (brain cancer) and emergency neurosurgery and would love to teach too and research into new cancer treatments
I want to become a Nuero-Oncologist Surgeon (brain cancer) and emergency neurosurgery and would love to teach too and research into new cancer treatments

Oh that's amazing. I actually want to become a neurosurgeon.
Original post by Lemur14
I'm really jealous of all you guys with results...apparently PIXL told the school they weren't allowed to tell us our pre moderation results. I'm going to challenge this ASAP now as I really want my results back before September!
I found paper 2 easiest of them all, followed by paper 1 and then paper 3. We have missed quite a few topics this year as we've been doing GCSE statistics (final exam on Monday!) so I found particularly the circle theorems and 3D trig which we haven't done yet difficult but next year I hope to get a 9 so hopefully it wasn't a complete disaster this year lol as that would be rather demotivating.

does anyone have pixl edexcel maths gcse paper 3 June 2016 (calculator allowed) if u do PLZZZ CAN u take a some pics of the questions and post it here or give me ur snap chat and send it to me there plzzzzz i still have hope!:rose:
Original post by Ethanuallllll
I have been doing my Edexcel maths mocks and I have done 1 non-calculator and one calculator paper and I have one more calculator paper tomorrow.
I know I got 55/80 in the first one but not sure about the second.

How did everyone else get on in these? My year group are finding them REALLY difficult (average score of around 30/80 in the top set)

does anyone have pixl edexcel maths gcse paper 3 June 2016 (calculator allowed) if u do PLZZZ CAN u take a some pics of the questions and post it here or give me ur snap chat and send it to me there plzzzzz i still have hope!:rose:
Oh that's amazing. I actually want to become a neurosurgeon.

takes lots of hard work and effort what uni do you want to go to?
Original post by blue sky1122

Same as paper 1. Schools are NOT ALLOWED to give their students the papers to take home. PIXL are taking a certain percentage to moderate and the other ones have to be kept in a secure location until the other papers get back from moderation.
You're not going to get through the GCSE by cheating so why go through the mocks kidding yourself and your teacher at your grade?
Original post by blue sky1122

I do have a smilar paper to the on which you would be doing, however isn't that cheating ?

Original post by Lemur14
Same as paper 1. Schools are NOT ALLOWED to give their students the papers to take home. PIXL are taking a certain percentage to moderate and the other ones have to be kept in a secure location until the other papers get back from moderation.
You're not going to get through the GCSE by cheating so why go through the mocks kidding yourself and your teacher at your grade?

exactly
Original post by Lemur14

did you encounter any erros in your paper, for example, typos, mispellings, becuase in my aqa paper, it said it took the sun 27.3 days to orbit the sun
takes lots of hard work and effort what uni do you want to go to?

Yeah i know and i'm willing to do the hard work. And right now i want to focus on gcses and a level tbh but i was thinking of Oxbridge (if i can get in )I'm not too set on any one uni atm.
What about you?
I do have a smilar paper to the on which you would be doing, however isn't that cheating ?

exactly

the specimen paper was extremely similar wasn't it?
did you encounter any erros in your paper, for example, typos, mispellings, becuase in my aqa paper, it said it took the sun 27.3 days to orbit the sun

There were a couple of errors in our paper, such as volume being expressed in cm2 rather than cm3 and one question talk about a point "P" and then point "A" was referred to in part B of that question but I hadn't covered that topic anyway so it didn't make any difference to me thankfully. (actually those two errors were on a double page so that page really wasn't well checked lol)
There was a couple of grammatical mistakes also but I can't remember them now.
Yeah i know and i'm willing to do the hard work. And right now i want to focus on gcses and a level tbh but i was thinking of Oxbridge (if i can get in )I'm not too set on any one uni atm.7
What about you?

Cambridge done my first set of science gcse now its waiting game until the 25th of august to see if my dream of a nuero oncologist works?
Original post by Lemur14
the specimen paper was extremely similar wasn't it?

There were a couple of errors in our paper, such as volume being expressed in cm2 rather than cm3 and one question talk about a point "P" and then point "A" was referred to in part B of that question but I hadn't covered that topic anyway so it didn't make any difference to me thankfully. (actually those two errors were on a double page so that page really wasn't well checked lol)
There was a couple of grammatical mistakes also but I can't remember them now.

Yeah the specimens are very similar to the pixil version, there just replaced the numbers with different numbers. I don't know why they made it so similar, thats mean anyone can cheat. Its pretty stupid.

Honestly the papers are poorly structured, you would't expect that from a company like that.
Cambridge done my first set of science gcse now its waiting game until the 25th of august to see if my dream of a nuero oncologist works?

what gcse subjects did you pick?
what gcse subjects did you pick?

History economics media food technology

Oh good luck with that! How many GCSES are you doing in total? I've done 1 so far and I have 11 left.
Yeah the specimens are very similar to the pixil version, there just replaced the numbers with different numbers. I don't know why they made it so similar, thats mean anyone can cheat. Its pretty stupid.

Honestly the papers are poorly structured, you would't expect that from a company like that.

I think they did it quite last minute tbh. Certainly, the school were only notified they could opt in to do these at the beginning of May so only told us at the end of May.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending