The Student Room Group

C4 Edexcel Full Worked Solutions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsAndChess
Should be an A* assuming your other modules can make it up to 480 over the six modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i would be so chuffed if i managed to get it!ahhh i hope so! thanks frienddd
What were the marks for each question?????
Original post by Nightinwind
friends, for q 3b, i worked out gradient right and everything and set it to 0 then stupidly got -66-3pie/22+pie as my answer, how many marks would i get from 4?

I got minus too :frown:
hey, how many marks would I lose on question 3 if I did not put dy/dx after I differentiated the cos pi? I differentiated all the rest correctly, but this meant I also would have got part b wrong as well?
Original post by amyanderly14
hey, how many marks would I lose on question 3 if I did not put dy/dx after I differentiated the cos pi? I differentiated all the rest correctly, but this meant I also would have got part b wrong as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Hey, can anyone say what 67/75 and C3 and 67-70/75 in C4 would probably be as a grade? If my other UMS adds up to 480 will that be an A* or an A?
Original post by Ri.Bal
Hey, can anyone say what 67/75 and C3 and 67-70/75 in C4 would probably be as a grade? If my other UMS adds up to 480 will that be an A* or an A?

You might scrape an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by MathsAndChess
You might scrape an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, appreciate the response.
Original post by Ri.Bal

For 7.b,can you do y=8 minus the equation of the curve instead? Limits 0 to 17.5?
Original post by harshbrule
For 7.b,can you do y=8 minus the equation of the curve instead? Limits 0 to 17.5?

No

The integration method would have looked like this
π017282dxπ12172(2x1)342dx\displaystyle \pi\int_0^{\frac{17}2} 8^2dx - \pi\int_{\frac12}^{\frac{17}2} (2x-1)^{{\frac34}^2}dx

Since the limits differ, a single integral solution can not be performed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending