The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

62-63 for C3 and 73-75 on C4, is an A* possible ? :/
Original post by Danllo

If you got 75 on C4 then your chances of getting A* are fairly high, you'll just require 80ums on c3 which is at least 61 marks.
Original post by Danllo

Very possible. Probable even. With 75 in C4 I'd imagine almost certain. With 73, it is possible you could just fall short.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Very possible. Probable even. With 75 in C4 I'd imagine almost certain. With 73, it is possible you could just fall short.

I managed to answer every single question. I checked the mark scheme and I did get every single thing (hopefully) right but I'm worried about the examiners marking harshly. Do you think that if I got all the final answers right to every question, I would get full marks ? I know that sounds silly to ask but it's possible that people can drop calculation marks even if they get the final answer right. C3 was quite hard and I think I got 83-84 UMS depending on the grade boundaries. I'm just worried about not getting the A* :frown:
Original post by Danllo
I managed to answer every single question. I checked the mark scheme and I did get every single thing (hopefully) right but I'm worried about the examiners marking harshly. Do you think that if I got all the final answers right to every question, I would get full marks ? I know that sounds silly to ask but it's possible that people can drop calculation marks even if they get the final answer right. C3 was quite hard and I think I got 83-84 UMS depending on the grade boundaries. I'm just worried about not getting the A* :frown:

Almost certain you will in most circumstances. If you somehow made two mistakes which cancelled themselves out, perhaps not but that is a very unlikely situation. Otherwise even though they have the method marks quite precisely set down examiners tend to be fairly lenient if the final answer is there and just award full marks.
Original post by amyanderly14
How many marks would I lose on question 3 if I did not put dy/dx after I differentiated the cos pi? I differentiated all the rest correctly, but this meant I also would have got part b wrong as well:frown:

I did exactly the same thing :'(
For question 8 did you have to give exact answer for the area? I approximated it by using the value of cos theta and then doing 1/2absinc, is this wromg?
Reply 4867
Can someone please predict the amount of marks for a B, I really need a But not sure what would be enough
Original post by HoldtheDoor
Is 67 on C3 and 65 on C4 enough for A*? :frown:

oh god you might scrape it but you might not...
Original post by Dan_DC
Can someone please predict the amount of marks for a B, I really need a But not sure what would be enough

like 55
Original post by Algebraicly
For question 8 did you have to give exact answer for the area? I approximated it by using the value of cos theta and then doing 1/2absinc, is this wromg?

i specifically remember checking whether it wanted exact answer and it didn't so don't panic
Original post by Danllo

examiners aren't going to waste time looking to see whether they can deduct marks from you even though you've got the final answer correct.. they'd just give you all the marks
Original post by fefssdf
i specifically remember checking whether it wanted exact answer and it didn't so don't panic

thanks a lot. For the value of cos theta I think got 16/2root2 x 5root2 and may not have simplified to 4/5, as I left it in my calculator. would this lose a mark?
Original post by Algebraicly
thanks a lot. For the value of cos theta I think got 16/2root2 x 5root2 and may not have simplified to 4/5, as I left it in my calculator. would this lose a mark?

im not sure - depends whether it asked for it - i think i messed up this question as well cause the answer was 12/5 but i got 24/5 somehow so must have times by 2 or something oops
Original post by HoldtheDoor
RIP Hodor, won't forget that sweet giant. :frown:

Uhhhhhh spoilers !!!!! XDDD
would 67/75 on C3 and 62/75 on C4 be an A?
For question 4a) how many marks will I lose if I simplified it wrong
Original post by fefssdf

I did the same method and got an exact answer, 12/5 so if you didn't get that I doubt you got it right I'm afraid
What ums are people thinking for 71 on C3, it was 100 last year and I don't think the paper was particularly harder than that. Despite this I would be surprised if it was 100, hope it's over 95 tho
any guesses on A boundary for C4?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending