The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

I know this is really a stupid thing.
But I've just dyed my hair and I've got hair dye everywhere and I can't get it off my skin and I know people are going to mention it at work tomorrow.

And now I feel **** because I know that stupid comments about it are going to come. :hide:
Original post by Midnightmemories
I know this is really a stupid thing.
But I've just dyed my hair and I've got hair dye everywhere and I can't get it off my skin and I know people are going to mention it at work tomorrow.

And now I feel **** because I know that stupid comments about it are going to come. :hide:

Have you tried nailpolish remover and/or baking soda + dish washing soap? I guess it depends on the type, brand and colour but both worked for my sister who had dyed her hair purple :smile: What colour have you dyed it? :smile:
And are they going to make comments about the fact that you dyed it or about the fact that it is on your body? Because they are not in a position to judge and dyed hair looks cool and if it's about the fact that it's on your body then it's completely normal/happens all the time and they shouldn't judge either :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ARRRRRRRRRRggghhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't take this!!!!!
Original post by Spock's Socks
I know its easy to get doors mixed up in a block of flats but that's 4 times in the last 2 days folk have came to my door thinking its someone else's door and one today even tried the door handle, good thing it was locked as usual.

I know people make mistakes and all that jazz but I don't live in a good area and paranoid and anxious enough about people out to harm me so people coming to my door and especially when they try and open it, really trigger me - regardless if it's just an innocent accident :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you maybe put something on your door to differentiate it from the others? Maybe even put your or a fake name on it so that those who don't know you won't think the person they are looking for lives there? :smile:
Good luck with it regardless!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TinyMockingbird
Could you maybe put something on your door to differentiate it from the others? Maybe even put your or a fake name on it so that those who don't know you won't think the person they are looking for lives there? :smile:
Good luck with it regardless!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My partner has his name on a plaque next to the door number and people still come looking for other people, that makes it even more annoying and sets me off more :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TinyMockingbird
Have you tried nailpolish remover and/or baking soda + dish washing soap? I guess it depends on the type, brand and colour but both worked for my sister who had dyed her hair purple :smile: What colour have you dyed it? :smile:
And are they going to make comments about the fact that you dyed it or about the fact that it is on your body? Because they are not in a position to judge and dyed hair looks cool and if it's about the fact that it's on your body then it's completely normal/happens all the time and they shouldn't judge either :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just worried that it's going to look stupid because I'm working in a shop and I have to wear a hat and the back of my neck and hands are covered in dye. Meaning it's pretty obvious. (And I can't wear gloves or any other items of clothing apart from uniform.)
It's a purple permanent one, it's hard to remove. It's happened before.

Why did I think this was a good idea?
Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm just worried that it's going to look stupid because I'm working in a shop and I have to wear a hat and the back of my neck and hands are covered in dye. Meaning it's pretty obvious. (And I can't wear gloves or any other items of clothing apart from uniform.)
It's a purple permanent one, it's hard to remove. It's happened before.

Why did I think this was a good idea?

It was a good idea because purple is an awesome colour to dye your hair in :wink: Do you have any high-coverage foundation that could make it less obvious, then? Good luck!

---

Ugh, yikes, my mood went from okay/good to really damn low real quick. I had a quite good day and worked really hard on the first draft of an essay (and finished it) that is super important and for which the 'deadline' (that of the first draft, not of the essay) has long passed and was feeling kind of good but now I all of a sudden feel so lonely and sad again and I don't even know why. I am going babysitting + studying with a friend tomorrow and I really just wish I could cancel but I can't. Sorry for the rant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm laying in my bed wondering why I haven't had a heart attack yet after all the strains it has undergone due to intense emotions. It's really fascinating how emotional pain inflicts heart aches but being fascinated doesn't make it any less unpleasant unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you :hugs:
it was your birthday? Happy birthday!
My first night back home from uni, and already had an argument with my ex. My phone has broken so it's hard to get hold of uni friends. Feeling really rubbish.

ED trigger-

Spoiler

Original post by emobambam
it was your birthday? Happy birthday!

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if this will help or not, but is the door knocking a recent thing? It could be that these people are home for the summer and so it'll stop when they leave again? I dunno.

Happy birthday btw, I hope it went well :smile:
Original post by titfortat
I feel like I'm suffocating and I need some air. Is there anyway I can escape from it all? I just want to be left alone and I'm trying so hard to enjoy life, but there's always one thing that drags me down. Its like no one wants me to be happy

Do you live near any nature where you can go to be alone? I used to go for late night walks to clear my head and found being alone helpful for letting me think.

My brother just finished walking from Land's End to John o' Groats and he said it was awesome being so alone and being on his own timetable - maybe a little ambitious if you've never done anything like that before but you could see what's available locally?
Original post by Sabertooth
I don't know if this will help or not, but is the door knocking a recent thing? It could be that these people are home for the summer and so it'll stop when they leave again? I dunno.

Happy birthday btw, I hope it went well :smile:
Thank you :h:

Nah its been happening ever since we moved in 5 years ago. Its not always the same people that come to the door from what I can tell. Sometimes we go a few weeks or months without anyone coming to the door looking for someone and then other times it could be like recently where its been happening a few times a week :frown:
Thank you :h:

Nah its been happening ever since we moved in 5 years ago. Its not always the same people that come to the door from what I can tell. Sometimes we go a few weeks or months without anyone coming to the door looking for someone and then other times it could be like recently where its been happening a few times a week :frown:

NGL, that would scare me too. I'm not really sure what to suggest if there's already a name by the buzzer. :beard: I guess just make sure the door is locked and people can't see that you're in so there'll be no awkwardness?
I know its easy to get doors mixed up in a block of flats but that's 4 times in the last 2 days folk have came to my door thinking its someone else's door and one today even tried the door handle, good thing it was locked as usual.

I know people make mistakes and all that jazz but I don't live in a good area and paranoid and anxious enough about people out to harm me so people coming to my door and especially when they try and open it, really trigger me - regardless if it's just an innocent accident :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get this a lot as well. Including someone waking me up at 9pm. Was not impressed. She couldn't understand why I was pissed off. :s-smilie:
As much as I've been waiting for these holidays to come, I already feeling so suffocated and so **** and it's been two days. I'm being treated like dirt and I feel it's only a matter of time before something pushes me over again. I don't know why I thought holidays were going to be good. I'm so screwed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Do you live near any nature where you can go to be alone? I used to go for late night walks to clear my head and found being alone helpful for letting me think.

My brother just finished walking from Land's End to John o' Groats and he said it was awesome being so alone and being on his own timetable - maybe a little ambitious if you've never done anything like that before but you could see what's available locally?

I'm still quite young and my parents are really strict so I cant leave the house whenever I want. However, I do just lie on the floor when no one I at home and I'm alone :redface:
Original post by OriginaSid
As much as I've been waiting for these holidays to come, I already feeling so suffocated and so **** and it's been two days. I'm being treated like dirt and I feel it's only a matter of time before something pushes me over again. I don't know why I thought holidays were going to be good. I'm so screwed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have to plan in nice things for yourself so that you're not feeling this endless void of boringness which inevitably gets filled with negative emotions/frustration. They don't have to be some amazing expensive holiday or anything they can literally be planning to meet friends to see a film and stuff. Also take the time inbetween to remember that September will come around again and maybe plan so the next academic year is a top one for you. If you still find that you're getting overwhelmed with everything/negative emotions... Go buy some super cheap plates find a good surface you won't damage or protect it and have a good plate smashing session :tongue:

I smashed a plate in anger the other week and damaged the table... this I do not recommend! Having said that it felt sooo damn good and smashed into a million tiny pieces in front of my dad. He shouldn't have pissed me off should he! But yeah plate smashing in a controlled environment ...can't see why that shouldn't be as satisfying.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Little Popcorns
You have to plan in nice things for yourself so that you're not feeling this endless void of boringness which inevitably gets filled with negative emotions/frustration. They don't have to be some amazing expensive holiday or anything they can literally be planning to meet friends to see a film and stuff. Also take the time inbetween to remember that September will come around again and maybe plan so the next academic year is a top one for you. If you still find that you're getting overwhelmed with everything/negative emotions... Go buy some super cheap plates find a good surface you won't damage or protect it and have a good plate smashing session :tongue:

I smashed a plate in anger the other week and damaged the table... this I do not recommend! Having said that it felt sooo damn good and smashed into a million tiny pieces in front of my dad. He shouldn't have pissed me off should he! But yeah plate smashing in a controlled environment ...can't see why that shouldn't be as satisfying.

I really do want to meet friends and go out but I know for a fact I am not going to be allowed. I'm not trusted and I'm flipping 18 years old. I can't just say 'I'm off to see so and so' I get the whole 6th degree first then I get a curfew to be back by 5pm. Like wtf?! My little brother gets to be out without any curfew or anything and I'm just there being treated like a 12 year old.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest