The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Why don't you just work in another job that pays lower and do overtime?

My concern is that nobody is going to be hiring right now with all the uncertainty over Brexit.

Plus, going to a selection of interviews all over the country absolutely crippled me financially. At least this way I can just crash with family rent free and arrange interviews as I please rather than paying £80 a pop for a train ticket.

Original post by samiz20891
Yeah, my cousin doing level 2 atm, he works at lloyds as a portfolio optimisation associate I believe. He says it's been challenging due to the structure to an extent but he finding it ok. I am doing acca atm, my brother doing aca. I think the key with all these qualifications is to keep on top of it as it can be overwhelming close to the exam time.
I guess given you come from a history background, you don't have as much prior knowledge as some others have. Also, the pass rates tend to look a lot worse than you think and using a learning provider, I know kaplan do CFA will give you a good understanding prior to sitting an exams.
I was considering to do the CFA after this when I started but I think as I want to move to tax in the long term, I probably consider CTA if I want to pursue further qualifications.

How is the ACCA/ACA when compared to say, university?

It's something I have thought about but like you said, I feel incredibly disadvantaged not having an Economics/Financial degree. I found the IMC really easy but that was because most of the material was stuff i'd already learnt on the job.
(edited 7 years ago)
They're something some relieving about streaming boxing for free. Keep these great cards coming Eddie, everybody wins
Anyone got a link for the fight? Full site bcus other link doesn't seem to work
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Anyone got a link for the fight? Full site bcus other link doesn't seem to work

Try YouTube if all else fails
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Try YouTube if all else fails

Cheers - caught it from 2nd

Looks very Joshua dominated atm
The only way to beat Joshua is to be not afraid to fight him go to war with him...

Dominic is holding back!
if anybody is holding back it's AJ. He's been told to stretch out the fight for US tv companies
Original post by sevchenko
if anybody is holding back it's AJ. He's been told to stretch out the fight for US tv companies

lol do you actually believe that b.s.

Dominic has a good chin.
I want to see Wilder vs AJ

or Haye vs AJ

Make it happen ffs

Where did you get your tin-foil hat? Asking for a friend.
Original post by trapking
lol do you actually believe that b.s.

Dominic has a good chin.

Not dening Brazil has given a good account of himself but AJ could have seen him off in round 3. Never landed multiple combinations when Brazil was wobbling
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Where did you get your tin-foil hat? Asking for a friend.

haha, it common business practice in America, it's all about the advertising money mate

plus AJ himself wanted to do more rounds under his belt.

He just shouted out showtime ffs, stay woke
Not dening Brazil has given a good account of himself but AJ could have seen him off in round 3. Never landed multiple combinations when Brazil was wobbling

Breazeale took some heavy shots and still kept on fighting! He's got a decent chin.

Lots of AJ's opponents would have been knocked out way earlier. He's done well going 7 rounds but he was too slow he's not a proper brawler like Wilder or Haye who want to go to war.
Joshua wasn't even tested in this fight. It looked all too easy for him, hardly got hit.
The only way to beat Joshua is to be not afraid to fight him go to war with him...

Dominic is holding back!

I agree to an extent. You have to show you can take his power and not afraid to let your own hands go. But at the same time, you can't get reckless.

Still think the top boxers in the division (Fury, Ortiz, Wlad) would embarrass him.
Joshua wasn't even tested in this fight. It looked all too easy for him, hardly got hit.

He needs proper opponents like Haye, Fury or Wilder.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I agree to an extent. You have to show you can take his power and not afraid to let your own hands go. But at the same time, you can't get reckless.

Still think the top boxers in the division (Fury, Ortiz, Wlad) would embarrass him.

Yup I agree! I like AJ but he will start to struggle against opponents like Wilder/Fury/Haye/Ortiz/Wlad

It's only a matter of a time before he gets his first defeat! Fair play to Dominic though
He needs proper opponents like Haye, Fury or Wilder.

I think Wilder will be the first out of those 3 and that will definitely show how good Joshua is
Reply 6038
haha, it common business practice in America, it's all about the advertising money mate

plus AJ himself wanted to do more rounds under his belt.

He just shouted out showtime ffs, stay woke

The truth shall set us free
I think Wilder will be the first out of those 3 and that will definitely show how good Joshua is

Animal!

Latest