The Student Room Group

I'm male - Should I dye my hair?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what your opinions are on Boys dying their hair. I'm 16. I have naturally black hair and I am from a South Asian background. I was wondering whether I should get blond tips, leaving roots black. Or, maybe dye it a light brown?

Should I dye it at all? Will it look 'gay' - I mean I act pretty camp as it is. But also will I be seen as less serious as I want to do Politics/Medicine and want to undertake Work Experience in Hospitals, GP's and Offices.
Reply 1
Original post by TheMasterofLife
Hey guys,

I was just wondering what your opinions are on Boys dying their hair. I'm 16. I have naturally black hair and I am from a South Asian background. I was wondering whether I should get blond tips, leaving roots black. Or, maybe dye it a light brown?

Should I dye it at all? Will it look 'gay' - I mean I act pretty camp as it is. But also will I be seen as less serious as I want to do Politics/Medicine and want to undertake Work Experience in Hospitals, GP's and Offices.

I wouldn't suggest you to dye your whole hair unless you really want to because you would have to re-dye them every few weeks due to the roots growing out. I would suggest you to dye the tips blonde leaving the roots black. I've seen some boys from Asia dying their hair like that and it looks cool! :smile:
Original post by In2u
I wouldn't suggest you to dye your whole hair unless you really want to because you would have to re-dye them every few weeks due to the roots growing out. I would suggest you to dye the tips blonde leaving the roots black. I've seen some boys from Asia dying their hair like that and it looks cool! :smile:

Oh cool! Thanks :smile:
Reply 3
Personally I find it quite unattractive because it doesn't feel natural or authentic but it really depends on your character and appearance and how you wear it. In the end I wouldn't make the judgment based on what other people think or what girls are attracted to, if you do what reflects who you are then you'll attract the right people anyway.
Reply 4
Reply 5
Just wanted to add, if you only dye the tips, don't worry too much about how it will be looked upon in a professional environment because you'll have the ability to cut it off if it becomes a real problem. If you're going to be attending to patients etc. Think about how it might make them feel, some people might be offended or feel uncomfortable for instance. I fully appreciate that it's nice to change things up once in a while, I just got my hair cut and I didn't do anything drastic but it feels great to have a change and feel more confident about myself. So doing something not too far out but different could be a great idea.
Reply 6
My genuine opinion is that a person should not dye their hair at all, and if you are indeed Indian do you not think blonde in your hair is going to look odd?
Hey guys,

You mean like how Zayn Malik dyed his hair or something?

^ This doesn't suit him at all imo however I think the bottom picture looks better.

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
You mean like how Zayn Malik dyed his hair or something?

^ This doesn't suit him at all imo however I think the bottom picture looks better.

Yeah sort of - But all over... so the top would be brown/blond
If you want to dye your hair then go for it, if you don't like the way it turns out you can always dye it back.

Oh and if you're worried about looking 'gay' then a great way to get past that is by stop being a homophobe! You can't look like a sexuality - and even if you could looking gay wouldn't be a negative thing :smile:
Hey guys,

dying ur hair doesnt make u gay u homophobic meanie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending