The Student Room Group

Wales Leave leader: "We need EU levels of funding from England"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36629533?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hahahahahahahaha

They've made their bed and now they don't want to lie in it.

Tough ****. The rest of us have to suffer the consequences so they should too.

Scroll to see replies

The cornish have done likewise: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html

Honestly I'm feeling it very difficult to have sympathy for those who chose to bite the hand that fed them, but desperately want a hand to replace that one. If the EU was so important to the survival of your area, why did you vote to leave it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
The cornish have done likewise: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html

Honestly I'm feeling it very difficult to have sympathy for those who chose to bit the hand that fed them, but desperately want a hand to replace that one. If the EU was so important to the survival of your area, why did you vote to leave it?

I completely agree, they're getting everything they deserve.

Unfortunately I doubt this will bring them to their senses, they'll just find something else to blame.
Original post by JordanL_

Unfortunately I doubt this will bring them to their senses, they'll just find something else to blame.

Acting like a 2 year old about it isnt going to help anything. GROW UP.
Original post by ManThatCan
Acting like a 2 year old about it isnt going to help anything. GROW UP.

What are you on about? Acting like a 2 year old? I'm just discussing the people that voted to leave and are now begging that we bend over backwards to protect them from the consequences.
Reply 5
Lol at Wales, just lol
**** them, they've made their choice.

They've got the Tories to rely on for funding now so what's there to worry about?
I guess its classic sign of #bregret. I mean I was surprised Wales, and Cornwall did not have a plan, some sort of white paper perhaps on how it'd make up for lost EU funding given how they rely the most upon it. I mean surely decision to leave the EU, and cut off their major source of income was not taken without due consideration, and advice from experts right, surely... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

More seriously though they can go take back control of their own damn economy and make up for that lost money. In fact given the economic damage caused, areas which voted to remain like Scotland, London, Oxford (etc) should send the bill for compensation to areas voting to leave (until and unless they go independent obviously).
It will probably be obvious to anyone who is not warped with bitterness because of their butt hurt remain ways that the subsidies given by the EU will likely be taken up by the money saved from our input.. and guess what we still have another 250m odd a week to play with free...
Original post by AverageExcellence
It will probably be obvious to anyone who is not warped with bitterness because of their butt hurt remain ways that the subsidies given by the EU will likely be taken up by the money saved from our input.. and guess what we still have another 250m odd a week to play with free...

Yeah, and it's not going to go to the poorest areas of the country.
hahaha.

I have another one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html

John Pollard, the leader of Cornwall council said: “Now that we know the UK will be leaving the EU we will be taking urgent steps to ensure that the UK Government protects Cornwall’s position in any negotiations.

“We will be insisting that Cornwall receives investment equal to that provided by the EU programme which has averaged £60m per year over the last ten years.”

250 after giving money to all the regions and farming will be 0.
Original post by DorianGrayism
250 after giving money to all the regions and farming will be 0.

Lol what? i swear you literally make stuff as you're going along.. im starting to like you :smile:
Yeah, and it's not going to go to the poorest areas of the country.

It has a better chance of going into developing this country's infrastructure than it would being given to the EU commission

Isnt this the whole point though? They dont have to blame the EU now, but they can blame London directly.

I dont think a lot of the money would have been granted to these locations in the first place. I read the Cornwall story and thought it was hilarious.
It has a better chance of going into developing this country's infrastructure than it would being given to the EU commission

.......Does it? The EU was going to give them a few hundred million between now and 2020. Our current government is notorious for leaving poorer areas to rot (their "Northern Powerhouse" forgot about the top third of the country :rofl: )
.......Does it? The EU was going to give them a few hundred million between now and 2020. Our current government is notorious for leaving poorer areas to rot (their "Northern Powerhouse" forgot about the top third of the country :rofl: )

For every £1 we put into the EU in membership we got something like 40p back... Now for every pound we don't spend on the eu we get to keep £1

Ill let you fill the logic in.
Original post by DorianGrayism
hahaha.

I have another one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-cornwall-issues-plea-for-funding-protection-after-county-overwhelmingly-votes-in-favour-of-a7101311.html

John Pollard, the leader of Cornwall council said: “Now that we know the UK will be leaving the EU we will be taking urgent steps to ensure that the UK Government protects Cornwall’s position in any negotiations.

“We will be insisting that Cornwall receives investment equal to that provided by the EU programme which has averaged £60m per year over the last ten years.”

They could potentially kiss goodbye to this as well.

http://www.cornishpastyassociation.co.uk/about-the-pasty/faqs/
Original post by JamesN88
**** them, they've made their choice.

They've got the Tories to rely on for funding now so what's there to worry about?

Under Cameron's government for the last 6+ years Welsh students have had the least Uni debt in the UK. Meanwhile English students even from poorer backgrounds have the highest.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/apr/29/welsh-university-students-financial-support

I really don't buy into this meme that the tories suck Wales/Scotland dry when they in fact live off English (Tory voting) taxpayers and have done for some time.
(edited 7 years ago)
For every £1 we put into the EU in membership we got something like 40p back... Now for every pound we don't spend on the eu we get to keep £1

Ill let you fill the logic in.

Funny part is that the regions that received the most EU funding (IE North East) are now completely cut off from it.

The Government spend all of their money on London and South East and now the North-South divide will grow even more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending