The Student Room Group

£350 million to the NHS a week is a "mistake"?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by welshiee
He's your supreme leader you all love and admire. You're always welcome to go and live in another European country. After all, you have a good degree so why not?

Who says I didn't?
The remain campaign lied about the EU having no plans for an EU Army. Yet today those plans were unveiled...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4186557

Pot, kettle.........

That article only talks about co operation and have very little detail.
There is nothing about composition, that it would be a single unified force, how it would work, who pays for it and how it would be controlled.

It would make sense for them to have an organisational structure, so that in certain circumstances Europe was able to protect itself as they cant always expect the Americans to bail them out.

So really your source was poor and the article doesnt prove much of anything.
Original post by Halzy1234
While campaigning for Brexit, Nigale Farrage and Brexit campaigners had clearly gotten printed on buses stating how there would be £350 million being given to the NHS a week if Britain left the EU nevertheless, now Farrage claims that this was a "mistake" after many hours of Brexit supporters celebrating their victory on leaving the EU. Surely a "mistake" couldn't have been printed on a bus just like that without Brexit campaigners examining what has actually been claimed. What views do everyone else have on this matter? Clearly we have all been deceived in a way...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They never said £350m a week would go to the NHS, the plan they published suggested investing £100m extra a week in the NHS. Besides the whole point of the referendum was whether or not we stay in the EU, it is entirely up to the government of the day as to how they spend the budget, Vote Leave were just suggesting how the money could be spent, they aren't the government.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol. Funny thing is that Farage completely disowns the bus and says that zero will be sent to the NHS.

That's not what he said.

Again another lie.

This is what he really said, so stop with the lies.

“We have a £10 billion, £34 million a day featherbed, that is going to be free money that we can spend on the NHS, on schools, on whatever it is."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-result-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html
Who says I didn't?

I couldn't care less either way. It would just be nice if you stopped whinging as the outcome is set so deal with it. No amount of crying is going to help your situation.
I couldn't care less either way. It would just be nice if you stopped whinging as the outcome is set so deal with it. No amount of crying is going to help your situation.

I can do what I want.

Called Free Speech.

If you don't like it then maybe you can move to another European country LOL.

If you don't like it then maybe you can move to another European country LOL.

I live in another EU country.
You are an immigrant and you complain about immigration.

Well, racists are generally hypocritical. So no surprise there.

I haven't complained about immigration so stop chatting ****.
Vote Leave was a campaign group made up of supporters of different parties, it wasn't a government or party bidding for government submitting a manifesto. So they had no mandate to make any promise. Saying they would fund the NHS or the promise to farmers to match all EU subsidies with funding from the UK government was just empty campaigning.

However there is an interesting point here with an eye to the future.

Most of the leading Brexit politicians from the Conservative party (ie the ones who will actually have power in a Brexit government) are not champions of the NHS, they are opposed to Europe basically because they think too much regulation comes from Europe and they want to make the UK a deregulated economy and probably try and outcompete the EU for foreign investment by slashing tax rates.

But the public who voted for Brexit haven't voted for this: they've largely voted on immigration. The Brexit politicians have exploited the fact the Remain campaign was hamstrung by having to commit to allowing free movement of people as the EU will never budge on that, and the Brexiters were able to say they understood "legitimate concerns" about immigration and its effects on jobs, wages, affordability of housing and access to public services particularly healthcare and schools.

I wonder whether the Brexit politicians, now that they have won their vote, will just focus the negotiations on striking deals that will give as much access to the single market as they can get, accepting free movement if they need to, then pursuing a deregulation agenda by removing UK workers rights, consumer rights, safety regulations, environmental protections etc to reduce the cost to business whilst also opening up the NHS and schools to more privatisation whilst reducing public funding.

Meanwhile the people who voted Leave because they wanted to get fair pay, affordable housing, access to healthcare and schools will be waiting expectantly for change.

The Brexiters need to heed the experience of the Lib Dems and their pledge to scrap tuition fees, because when it became apparent that they were in government and weren't scrapping fees, their support base collapsed.
Original post by Fantastic Fan
That's not what he said.

Again another lie.

This is what he really said, so stop with the lies.

“We have a £10 billion, £34 million a day featherbed, that is going to be free money that we can spend on the NHS, on schools, on whatever it is."

What are you on about. He disowned the bus and he said it wasn't his.

You can pretend that some pittance money is going to be sent to the NHS that will make no difference whatsoever.
I haven't complained about immigration so stop chatting ****.

So you want the immigration from the EU to continue? That sounds good.
What are you on about. He disowned the bus and he said it wasn't his.

You can pretend that some pittance money is going to be sent to the NHS that will make no difference whatsoever.

I provided you with a link to what he actually said, so the only person talking absolute rubbish here is you.
So you want the immigration from the EU to continue? That sounds good.

I want more migrants from all over the world, but I want them based on skills, not on the fact that one is Romanian and the other is disadvantaged because they're an Indian.
I want more migrants from all over the world, but I want them based on skills, not on the fact that one is Romanian and the other is disadvantaged because they're an Indian.

So you want more Muslims from Pakistan that are skilled?
I provided you with a link to what he actually said, so the only person talking absolute rubbish here is you.

I said he disowned the bus. True.

I said that they won't send any extra money to the NHS. Guess....but probably true.

Not quite sure which part is rubbish or what your link has to do with it.
I said he disowned the bus. True.

True but not the argument.

I said that they won't send any extra money to the NHS. Guess....but probably true.

That's a lie

Not quite sure which part is rubbish or what your link has to do with it.

The link I provided shows why that's a lie.
So you want more Muslims from Pakistan that are skilled?

I don't care if they are Muslims or Pakistani. If there is a Pakistani Muslim with a great set of skills to offer our country then why not let them resettle and start a new life here? I have no issue with it permitting the supply matches the economic demand.
I don't care if they are Muslims or Pakistani. If there is a Pakistani Muslim with a great set of skills to offer our country then why not let them resettle and start a new life here? I have no issue with it permitting the supply matches the economic demand.

You should talk to some of your BRexit friends.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/eu-referendum-muslims_uk_576e558ce4b08d2c563937ff

I dont care why others voted to leave. I voted for my own reasons.

That's a lie

The link I provided shows why that's a lie.

Well, it isn't a lie.

Growth is predicted 0.2% next year and they are going to increase the NHS budget. What a load of *******s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending