The Student Room Group

I challenge all Bremainers...

Scroll to see replies

Because I refuse to be stuck in this miserable country for the next 20 years of my life and remaining in the EU would have given me the freedom to do what I want where I want
Original post by DorianGrayism
Why are we starting this thread again? We have left.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

No, we haven't left, and also the referendum isn't legally binding, our government doesn't have to listen to it, though they almost absolutely will.

Anyway, I didn't vote.
Original post by WhisperingTide
No, we haven't left, and also the referendum isn't legally binding, our government doesn't have to listen to it, though they almost absolutely will.

Anyway, I didn't vote.

So what is your point? Unless someone is planning a new referendum then I am not interested.

Hopefully, there will be another decrease in the pound in the next few weeks.
Original post by Alextaylor6
Fair enough, but you gotta risk it for the biscuit XD

Meh, I don't think so. I think Gold has been a safe haven for a few months now. I have been putting money in since Feb.

Even with the pound, it wasn't much of a risk to bet against it before Wednesday. The Market clearly believed that the UK would stay in and priced itself accordingly.
Reply 44
All i have to say...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466817771.802130.jpg

Dohh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Suppose this is what happens when you let the same people who named their Arctic explorer "Boaty McBoatface" decide the future of their country. ****ing morons.
Reply 46
Original post by alexschmalex
Because I refuse to be stuck in this miserable country for the next 20 years of my life and remaining in the EU would have given me the freedom to do what I want where I want

I feel for you.

But hopefully you can take out Scottish citizenship when they break away and thus not have to go too far.

Admittedly I'm not au fait with what this would involve. But how hard can it be?

Probably just have to survive in Dundee for six months and learn how the English completely ****** them over for 1000 years.
(edited 7 years ago)
Said this in another thread but will say this here too.

'One of my biggest fears about Brexit is that I personally believe that any future conservative government will slowly begin to diminish the rights we take for granted in the UK that are protected and introduced by the EU, particularly workers rights. Things such as equal pay, reducing gender inequality, safety in the workplace, the use of sustainable materials/methods in businesses and the hiring of suitably qualified workers for certain trades , funding for scientific research, how much paid leave we get and so on. The list is endless. I think soon businesses will begin to ignore these regulations for greater profits and the conservatives will do nothing and allow them to continue paying the less than 5% tax they already pay. All this European army nonsense, we are part of an even bigger and more destructive army called NATO!

Oh boy have I never wanted to be more incorrect in my life.'
Original post by captainslow69

'One of my biggest fears about Brexit is that I personally believe that any future conservative government will slowly begin to diminish the rights we take for granted in the UK that are protected and introduced by the EU, particularly workers rights. Things such as equal pay, reducing gender inequality, safety in the workplace, the use of sustainable materials/methods in businesses and the hiring of suitably qualified workers for certain trades , funding for scientific research, how much paid leave we get and so on. The list is endless. I think soon businesses will begin to ignore these regulations for greater profits and the conservatives will do nothing and allow them to continue paying the less than 5% tax they already pay. All this European army nonsense, we are part of an even bigger and more destructive army called NATO!

Well, it doesn't need to happen slowly.

Entire swaths of British law need to be rewritten. That won't be done by Parliament due to the sheer volume. So the Government will basically rewrite the law how they like.
Original post by JoeyTr
Suppose this is what happens when you let the same people who named their Arctic explorer "Boaty McBoatface" decide the future of their country. ****ing morons.

That name is just pure banter. Stop crying ok?! I will tell you something you probably haven't noticed. This boat and a bit about the project was EVERYWHERE, all the news, all over facebook etc.
This brought a lot of attention to this project as well as other projects and their goals. It definitely gave them a lot of positive attention and possibility some new readers and people who are now following their researches (@NERCScience on twitter and website: http://www.nerc.ac.uk ).
Are you sure this was so bad and dreadful that you had to call those people 'f.... morons'? There is no need for this negative attitude and language. Sort yourself out mate!
I'm writing and making a second argument foolproof.

It'll be on here sometime in the afternoon; I just spent over 4 hours learning about the intricacies of so many different things. :tongue:

(A lot of it probably not relevant at all.)

I'm going to bed now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by captainslow69

I think it's almost inevitable that this will happen sooner or later.

But isn't that what makes countries wealthy?
Original post by moggis
I think it's almost inevitable that this will happen sooner or later.

But isn't that what makes countries wealthy?

the country was pretty wealthy already and to be wealthy at the cost of right working conditions etc. for its people is not really how i think anybody wants this
(edited 7 years ago)
Just a question, May be somewhat off-topic. But does anyone have a clear statistic of the %Turnout of 18-24 year olds?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by King Geedorah
Just a question, May be somewhat off-topic. But does anyone have a clear statistic of the %Turnout of 18-24 year olds?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36574526

according to this 43 %

'78% of those 65 or over voted in the 2015 election, compared with 43% of 18-24 year olds and 54% of 25-34 year olds.'

Thanks, but I believe this only referred to the 2015 GE. It seems impossible to find the turnout results of this referendum for each demographic. No idea why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by King Geedorah
'78% of those 65 or over voted in the 2015 election, compared with 43% of 18-24 year olds and 54% of 25-34 year olds.'

Thanks, but I believe this only referred to the 2015 GE. It seems impossible to find the turnout results of this referendum for each demographic. No idea why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah sorry i guess they didnt wanna publish it or id
People complain about EU citizens moving to the UK but freedom of movement works both ways and there are British citizens living in other EU countries.
Best result of Brexit is my username.
Original post by JordanL_

. Most of our immigrants come from outside the EU, - nope wrong on that one.

The EU has always looked after the poorest and most vulnerable. They've introduced much of our employment rights, consumer rights, animal welfare legislation, equality legislation, human rights legislation, and so on. - nope. Most of those laws were in existance in the UK long before we joined the EU.

4. The only real reason to leave was "sovereignty". - nope. Wrong again. There were many other reasons !.

You sound poorly informed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending