The Student Room Group

Sikhs, Jews, Christians Voted OUT! Muslims, Hindus, Blacks Voted REMAIN!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by illegaltobepoor
I probably ate it when I was younger since a lot of family friends are Yiddish and a couple of my teachers where.
Is there many Jewish people on TSR? Over the last 5 years a lot of my friends have left the country due to prejudice being directed at them.

I know like, two. We don't even have a J-soc anymore... Although I'm contemplating trying to start one up again. Honestly I don't get a lot of hate from people... I make more remarks than they do (So much that at one point my college tried to stage an intervention cause they thought I was an antisemite xD... That was a fun apology.) I think both Jews and Gentiles have matured a bit since the 1940's. I've always thought that we're better off as friends than enemies.
Lol you got your wish, we're leaving.

Why are you causing even more divide? The country needs unity now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oShahpo
Is that genuinely true? I would have thought Jews were liked here, they contribute so much to the country. Makes me sad really.

There is a lot. Most of it is indirect. Its mainly been due to the rise of Muslim immigration and the majority of the Jewish communities in small towns just haven't felt safe.

I mean I'm a Christian but I have been mistaken for a Jew numerous times because of the people I congregate with and what I eat to be honest.

A non Muslim not eating Pork is usually the give-away and majority of people have clocked on.
Original post by chemting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this Kate Cambridge?

Agreed we need unity. now more than ever
Original post by chemting

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree!
There is a lot. Most of it is indirect. Its mainly been due to the rise of Muslim immigration and the majority of the Jewish communities in small towns just haven't felt safe.

I mean I'm a Christian but I have been mistaken for a Jew numerous times because of the people I congregate with and what I eat to be honest.

A non Muslim not eating Pork is usually the give-away and majority of people have clocked on.

I like Jews a lot despite not actually having ever met one. It's mostly because I am into physics and a lot of the physics super heroes are Jewish, but I am eager to meet one and learn more about their culture.
I am Sikh and voted leave. Maybe it's cuz I live in a 90%+ white area and most of my mates especially those who I hang around with at home are white and so I feel more attached to England than someone who lives in a foreign enclave. It also helps if you get to the pub more which is something many immigrants don't do as they are either not allowed, want to save money etc
Original post by Xelfrost
I know like, two. We don't even have a J-soc anymore... Although I'm contemplating trying to start one up again. Honestly I don't get a lot of hate from people... I make more remarks than they do (So much that at one point my college tried to stage an intervention cause they thought I was an antisemite xD... That was a fun apology.) I think both Jews and Gentiles have matured a bit since the 1940's. I've always thought that we're better off as friends than enemies.

To be honest there is a lot of researching going on now about the missing tribes of Israel and that there is a strong possibility that the Anglo-Saxons could be related to the Judahian tribes.

Whether it is true or not though doesn't really bother me. The religion of Christianity gave gentile nations so much.

Whenever I hear the Jerusalem anthem my spirit just comes alive and I feel a strong connection to Britain which we live in and Jerusalem.

But then again I also like this song a lot and I guess this may resonate with you.

[video="youtube;Kke3gP1Opi4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kke3gP1Opi4[/video]
Original post by oShahpo
I like Jews a lot despite not actually having ever met one. It's mostly because I am into physics and a lot of the physics super heroes are Jewish, but I am eager to meet one and learn more about their culture.

Dam you might try and hump my leg :tongue:
Dam you might try and hump my leg :tongue:

You're not even Jewish :P
Reply 70
Oh snap! I forgot to fill in the"What's your religion?"section on the ballot. Oh well, maybe next time😑
Original post by oShahpo
You're not even Jewish :P

Tell you what. Go learn Yiddish/Arabic and then get a Job in Tel Aviv. Your be able to find your perfect partner there.
Tell you what. Go learn Yiddish/Arabic and then get a Job in Tel Aviv. Your be able to find your perfect partner there.

I speak Arabic, but I am not looking for a Jewish partner lol. I just want to learn more about Judaism. You see, I was born in Egypt where Israel is pretty much, to say the least, not a good friend. So I guess I am just curious about those people whom were only demonised by the media.
To be honest there is a lot of researching going on now about the missing tribes of Israel and that there is a strong possibility that the Anglo-Saxons could be related to the Judahian tribes.

Whether it is true or not though doesn't really bother me. The religion of Christianity gave gentile nations so much.

Whenever I hear the Jerusalem anthem my spirit just comes alive and I feel a strong connection to Britain which we live in and Jerusalem.

But then again I also like this song a lot and I guess this may resonate with you.

[video="youtube;Kke3gP1Opi4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kke3gP1Opi4[/video]

Personally, I consider Christians and Jews be part of the same ilk so to speak. We both follow g-d and share many prophets... Obviously not counting Jesus/Yeshua and such. And I have as much respect for a Christian as I would a Jew. As for whether or not the Anglo-Saxons are a tribe of Judea. It's possible as there were "Lost tribes" but regardless I will always have a strong connection to the British. They are my people and I see myself as one of them above all else. We're a unique nation. Both spiritually and Ethnically. I'm blessed to be a part of it.
Original post by oShahpo
I speak Arabic, but I am not looking for a Jewish partner lol. I just want to learn more about Judaism. You see, I was born in Egypt where Israel is pretty much, to say the least, not a good friend. So I guess I am just curious about those people whom were only demonised by the media.

Go to the religion forum :P Oh and learning Hebrew would be a good start so you can read the Torah.
Go to the religion forum :P Oh and learning Hebrew would be a good start so you can read the Torah.

He could just pick up a copy of the old testament... That's literally the Torah :P

I would just do what the lazies do and read it in English :P
Personally, I consider Christians and Jews be part of the same ilk so to speak. We both follow g-d and share many prophets... Obviously not counting Jesus/Yeshua and such. And I have as much respect for a Christian as I would a Jew. As for whether or not the Anglo-Saxons are a tribe of Judea. It's possible as there were "Lost tribes" but regardless I will always have a strong connection to the British. They are my people and I see myself as one of them above all else. We're a unique nation. Both spiritually and Ethnically. I'm blessed to be a part of it.

One thing we need to combat in this referendum though is any hatred that starts to brew against Jews from the far-right. I personally believe most of them need educating on what Jesus (Yeshua) was talking about when he mentioned the Synagogue of Satan.

Trouble is most White Nationalists are lazy. I know this because I use to be one and I alienated all my Jewish mates in the process. I was lucky though. Most of them forgave me. I still practice a couple Nationalist pursuits but I've refined it down to a cultural views such as celebrating Christian holidays and having a love for Viking Metal. I am a World of Warcraft addict by the way.

But anyway I just couldn't stomach White Nationalists blaming everything on Jewish people.

What the Synagogue of Satan actually means is a Church of Lucferians. It has nothing to do with Jews. However TSR doesn't allow me to go further into it because Lucifierians may feel offended by my words and everyone is entitled to freedom of religion without prejudice on this forum.
He could just pick up a copy of the old testament... That's literally the Torah :P

I think he fancy's you.
One thing we need to combat in this referendum though is any hatred that starts to brew against Jews from the far-right. I personally believe most of them need educating on what Jesus (Yeshua) was talking about when he mentioned the Synagogue of Satan.

Trouble is most White Nationalists are lazy. I know this because I use to be one and I alienated all my Jewish mates in the process. I was lucky though. Most of them forgave me. I still practice a couple Nationalist pursuits but I've refined it down to a cultural views such as celebrating Christian holidays and having a love for Viking Metal. I am a World of Warcraft addict by the way.

But anyway I just couldn't stomach White Nationalists blaming everything on Jewish people.

What the Synagogue of Satan actually means is a Church of Lucferians. It has nothing to do with Jews. However TSR doesn't allow me to go further into it because Lucifierians may feel offended by my words and everyone is entitled to freedom of religion without prejudice on this forum.

Interesting that you mention Jewish relations with White Nationalists... As someone who would probably use the term "Nationalist" I get what you mean by the right and Jews... Especially with this (((Echo))) thing that popped into public attention recently. I don't think that there is such a stigma towards us, the every day Jew anyhow. However I won't delude myself into saying it doesn't exist. A lot of what I see tends to be directed towards the more "Higher up" jews like the ones in politics... And to an extent I share those concerns. But I like to think I'm not an ebil nazi... At least I hope not. Else I better buy a bigger oven.

WoW addict eh? Seems we share similar passions. I'm an RP nerd on Argent Dawn. I bet now you're envisioning a fat rabbi-esque neck beard wearing a hat and towel. :^)

Quick Reply

Latest