The Student Room Group

Failed maths A-level - please help!

So I'm in terrible situation and do not know what to do...
I am mathematically competent but due to unforeseen circumstances have failed my maths A-level ( grade C at best, grade D-E most likely) exams. Obviously the Results Day has not arrived so I do not concretely know but I'm 95% sure I have - leaving out a series of questions and showing incomplete, incoherent working in all others means I have to look at my performance objectively and not remain too hopeful.
My uni offer is A*AA - I will email them to consider my grades in light of my circumstances but to compensate for my abysmal performance in maths, is there any other qualification/exam I could unertake to prove my competence over the summer?

The dates for the SAT maths tests and STEP haved passed, are there any that you know of that take place in the summer period? If you know of any that take place internationally, please also feel free to mention.

Also, is it worth contacting an esteemed university's maths department (ucl, imperial etc) to ask whether I can sit one of their A-level bridging exams or something?

I basically need to prove that I can perform to A/A* standard in maths this summer. I realy do not want to take a gap year and resit.
Original post by 89911998a
So I'm in terrible situation and do not know what to do...
I am mathematically competent but due to unforeseen circumstances have failed my maths A-level ( grade C at best, grade D-E most likely) exams. Obviously the Results Day has not arrived so I do not concretely know but I'm 95% sure I have - leaving out a series of questions and showing incomplete, incoherent working in all others means I have to look at my performance objectively and not remain too hopeful.
My uni offer is A*AA - I will email them to consider my grades in light of my circumstances but to compensate for my abysmal performance in maths, is there any other qualification/exam I could unertake to prove my competence over the summer?

The dates for the SAT maths tests and STEP haved passed, are there any that you know of that take place in the summer period? If you know of any that take place internationally, please also feel free to mention.

Also, is it worth contacting an esteemed university's maths department (ucl, imperial etc) to ask whether I can sit one of their A-level bridging exams or something?

I basically need to prove that I can perform to A/A* standard in maths this summer. I realy do not want to take a gap year and resit.

You would have to contact them and see what they say - there is AEA on 30th June but obviously it's too late to enter you for that.

Quick Reply

Latest