The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Yeah considering it then says that the claim is true i.e. H1 can be supported, I assume the "no" in "no evidence" shouldn't be there..I mean I haven't done S2 in a while but that's my guess lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Everyone better get their revision in now before examsolutions starts going offline and being hella slow at night...
Reply 242
Original post by кяя
Everyone better get their revision in now before examsolutions starts going offline and being hella slow at night...

If exams solutions crashes you can always check his YouTube channel! The same videos are on there I believe :smile:
Original post by кяя

haha i was on that by friday mate.
Original post by KY24
If exams solutions crashes you can always check his YouTube channel! The same videos are on there I believe :smile:

Yup I know but it's his nice organization of exam papers that I like and how easy it is to navigate his website.
Original post by bat_man
haha i was on that by friday mate.

On Friday I was sleeping like fcking hibernating after C4. I always take a day's break after an exam lmao
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466931385.585473.jpg

This is what I did so far: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466931423.250029.jpg

But how do you know it's not the first function but it's the second one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by кяя
On Friday I was sleeping like fcking hibernating after C4. I always take a day's break after an exam lmao

lool nice. What about consecutive exams :redface:, i had one week with chem4, s1, then geog4b
Original post by bat_man
lool nice. What about consecutive exams :redface:, i had one week with chem4, s1, then geog4b

Oh yeah I had a few of those, but I was too tired to revise too much for them. Barely did any revision the night before C4 bc I was too tired and it went well imo. I'm one of those people that can't pull all nighters. Srsly if I get less than 5 hours sleep I will kill any chances of a good grade, so whether or not I have revised enough I always sleep

dayum my friend does bio, chem and maths and she had about 14 exams I think in total because she retook some, I can't imagine what that must be like, I had 9 in total and I feel like death.
Original post by кяя
Oh yeah I had a few of those, but I was too tired to revise too much for them. Barely did any revision the night before C4 bc I was too tired and it went well imo. I'm one of those people that can't pull all nighters. Srsly if I get less than 5 hours sleep I will kill any chances of a good grade, so whether or not I have revised enough I always sleep

dayum my friend does bio, chem and maths and she had about 14 exams I think in total because she retook some, I can't imagine what that must be like, I had 9 in total and I feel like death.

ive only had 9 as well and im the same, need a good 7 hours sleep minimum, then wake up early and get a bit more revision done.
btw does anyone think proofs could come up for uniform distribution.
Original post by bat_man
ive only had 9 as well and im the same, need a good 7 hours sleep minimum, then wake up early and get a bit more revision done.

Saame. I've only been getting about 5-6 recently though, just for these final exams and it's taking a huge toll on me. I have massive under eye circles, people tell me I took dead and I legit can't walk in a straight line my eyes start closing when I'm walking to and from college.

Adults who say college is easy are ignorant lel
Original post by кяя
Saame. I've only been getting about 5-6 recently though, just for these final exams and it's taking a huge toll on me. I have massive under eye circles, people tell me I took dead and I legit can't walk in a straight line my eyes start closing when I'm walking to and from college.

Adults who say college is easy are ignorant lel

haha aww, just one more hard day of work and its all done! (Im assuming this is your last exam), Surprisingly ive been just a little too relaxed this weekend. Went out twice already, lost my motivation :angry:. And yeah, my older siblings say, A-Levels are so much easier now, just cuz i got better grades than them at AS.
Original post by yuveethini
Hi there, im stuck with this question, where for part a)i & a)ii i can't figure out how to hack the alternative method (2), especially for a)ii where for X~B(10,0.4) shouldn't P(X<9) be equivalent to P(x<=1). Plus for part b im lost. :frown: thanks in advance

If you just stick with X (rather than involving Y) it's just finding the least value of n for which that has been satisfied. Similar to finding the value for a critical region but it has to be the first value that is greater than 0.9.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Yeah considering it then says that the claim is true i.e. H1 can be supported, I assume the "no" in "no evidence" shouldn't be there..I mean I haven't done S2 in a while but that's my guess lol

Original post by Cookie2314
Help with this question please

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are two ranges of values of X (in the uniform distribution) that, if X takes those values, the longest side will be more than 6cm. One range is 'immediate' (you can see it straight away without calculation) - the other is not.
Reply 256
Original post by кяя
Yup I know but it's his nice organization of exam papers that I like and how easy it is to navigate his website.

That's true!
Reply 257
Original post by bat_man
btw does anyone think proofs could come up for uniform distribution.

in the book it says that we "should be able to derive it from first principles" so i guess it could come up. That would be the only derivative we have to know right?
Original post by Bloom77
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466931385.585473.jpg

This is what I did so far: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466931423.250029.jpg

But how do you know it's not the first function but it's the second one?

Help please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bat_man
haha aww, just one more hard day of work and its all done! (Im assuming this is your last exam), Surprisingly ive been just a little too relaxed this weekend. Went out twice already, lost my motivation :angry:. And yeah, my older siblings say, A-Levels are so much easier now, just cuz i got better grades than them at AS.
Yup my last one...finally. The worst feeling is getting your exam timetable and realizing just how much cramming and mental pain there is going to be for the next few weeks. LOL easier. Too bad A levels are getting even harder, with the new syllabus and all. I feel sorry for the younger kids.

Original post by Mathemagicien
What about teenagers who say college is easy?

Either geniuses or not putting in any real work

Quick Reply

Latest