The Student Room Group

travelling light - packing HELP!

Okay, so basically at the end of next month I'm going away for 9 days to spain. I'm flying with ryan air and I know they can be annoying with luggage. I'm only taking a carry on suitcase and a small bag and being a girl, I take a lot of stuff - but I know to ration things. Is there any tips you could give me on what to and what not to take, how to pack light that sort of thing would be good.
Also do they weigh your bag? I'm worried if I go over a 'limit' ill get charged!
Original post by hestiaoya
Okay, so basically at the end of next month I'm going away for 9 days to spain. I'm flying with ryan air and I know they can be annoying with luggage. I'm only taking a carry on suitcase and a small bag and being a girl, I take a lot of stuff - but I know to ration things. Is there any tips you could give me on what to and what not to take, how to pack light that sort of thing would be good.
Also do they weigh your bag? I'm worried if I go over a 'limit' ill get charged!

I've never had my bag weighed when i've flown with ryanair. As for light packing check the weather forecast before packing, go for things which you know all match together and ideally plan an outfit for each day and take only one or two pairs of shoes which match with everything.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I've never had my bag weighed when i've flown with ryanair. As for light packing check the weather forecast before packing, go for things which you know all match together and ideally plan an outfit for each day and take only one or two pairs of shoes which match with everything.

okay thank you, so they didn't weigh your hand luggage or anything?
Original post by hestiaoya
okay thank you, so they didn't weigh your hand luggage or anything?

Nope, never had it weighed :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Nope, never had it weighed :smile:

Oh thank god, that's reassuring!:smile:
Buy some of those vacuum bags. They save so much space.

Quick Reply

Latest