The Student Room Group

Finance for transferring to MEng

Hi,

I have just recieved the following email below.

"I would like to congratulate you on your degree classification. This means that you are eligible, if you wish, to transfer to the MEng Computing. This would entail one more year at the University. If you have had access to student finance during your studies here it should be possible to extend this to cover the extra year of the MEng course. On successful completion of the MEng course you would be awarded both the MEng and BSc qualification."

My question is that no one is answering is that, I had to retake a module last year which lead to taking an extra year. So I had to use an extra year of student finance funding.

Now if I take the offer above and not graduate this year, will I be able to get student finance or having taken an extra year to retake a module will affect this?

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mike596596
Hi,

I have just recieved the following email below.

"I would like to congratulate you on your degree classification. This means that you are eligible, if you wish, to transfer to the MEng Computing. This would entail one more year at the University. If you have had access to student finance during your studies here it should be possible to extend this to cover the extra year of the MEng course. On successful completion of the MEng course you would be awarded both the MEng and BSc qualification."

My question is that no one is answering is that, I had to retake a module last year which lead to taking an extra year. So I had to use an extra year of student finance funding.

Now if I take the offer above and not graduate this year, will I be able to get student finance or having taken an extra year to retake a module will affect this?

Thanks.

If you've already used your gift year repeating a year then it wont be available to extend your course unless the repeat was for "compelling personal reasons".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending