The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by ホク水ね
Is reflections in planes and lines in vectors on the syllabus? I've seen questions of it in June 2014 IAL etc. but it's not specifically in the spec or in the textbook?

Yes it is. It's in the review exercises. It's from C4, I believe.
Original post by Ayman!
Yes it is. It's in the review exercises. It's from C4, I believe.

do you think there will be vector proofs. like convert the equation of r.n=p, into cartesian equation form by replacing r by xi+yj+zk and n by n1i+n2j+n3k
what would In = the integral of sin(nx)/sinx be
Original post by kingaaran
I chose to go all out on S2 tbf, it's an easy 100%

Is that for everyone? :smile:
Reply 604
Can someone please explain how to do this?

This is from June 2013.

I understand how to get the B value. But not the rest?? It always messes me up!
Reply 605
Original post by Inges

This is from June 2013.

The line that the planes intersect at is parallel to the perpendicular to both planes, hence why we take the cross product of both directions of the planes.

We then let either x, y or z equal zero (as the lines are infinite, there will be a point when either of these three values equal zero.

We then set up a system of simultaneous equations, substituting either X=0, y=0, or z=0 into both equations of the planes (might need to convert to Cartesian to see this).

Once done, you have a point on the plane (from the above) and the direction of the line.

You can then shove it in your equation of a line :smile:
Original post by Inges

This is from June 2013.

i explained this question to someone on this thread try going to the other pages to look for my comment but in return could you help me with a question?
could someone please help me with this question. found it when looking through fp3 spec.
Reply 608
Original post by Major-fury
i explained this question to someone on this thread try going to the other pages to look for my comment but in return could you help me with a question?

I've just thumbed up your question dude cause I have no idea how those two reduction formula work first time seeing them!

I have a feeling its where you set you U and dV/dX the other way around to get an increasing reduction formula? Does that ring any bells?
Original post by Inges
I've just thumbed up your question dude cause I have no idea how those two reduction formula work first time seeing them!

i just figured it out got someone to explain it to me lmao
Original post by Inges

I have a feeling its where you set you U and dV/dX the other way around to get an increasing reduction formula? Does that ring any bells?

you let sin(nx)=sin((n+2)x-2x) and then the rest is trig
could someone please help me with this question. found it when looking through fp3 spec.

Consider using In - In-2, and combining the two to form the integral of one fraction.

You integrate once at the very end, and it is just a basic integral (no parts or anything like that).
Whats the area of a parralelpiped?
Reply 613
i just figured it out got someone to explain it to me lmao

I've just found your explanation as well and figured my problem out!

Easy peasy. Thanks dude
Original post by Hineshtailor
Whats the area of a parralelpiped?

|a.(b x c) |
Original post by Inges
I've just found your explanation as well and figured my problem out!

Easy peasy. Thanks dude

no problem man
Reply 616
IMG_0037.jpg

Thoughts on this one? No idea where to start! I was thinking using the sin A - sin B formula that we never use in C3.
Reply 617
Original post by oinkk
IMG_0037.jpg

Thoughts on this one? No idea where to start! I was thinking using the sin A - sin B formula that we never use in C3.

Where did you find this???
Reply 618
no problem man

Hey dyou think you could write out on a piece of paper how you'd do the sin nx integral and upload it?

I just tried it using the manipulation you said but I cant hack it??
Reply 619
Original post by Inges
Where did you find this???

It's in a book called "Further Pure Mathematics" and was written around the time of the Stone Age.

This actual question is from 1976.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0859501035/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466953157&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=further+pure+mathematics&dpPl=1&dpID=51PJ3T067JL&ref=plSrch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending