The Student Room Group

What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?

I saw this video yesterday:

[video="youtube;ZeszAYVHqRM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeszAYVHqRM[/video]

Essentially, this guy stops in the middle of nowhere to feed wild BEARS and he GETS. OUT. OF. THE. CAR! :eek3: He had his family with him too… :erm:

This got me curious though… what's the most dangerous thing you've ever done? Did it work out well or go horribly wrong? :beard:

Scroll to see replies

I left Veet hair removal cream on for longer than 10 minutes, despite the bottle saying you shouldn't do that, in capital letters no less. And I survived. :proud:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I left Veet hair removal cream on for longer than 10 minutes, despite the bottle saying you shouldn't do that, in capital letters no less. And I survived. :proud:

:eek3: this trumps feeding wild bears for sure. Were there any side effects? :holmes:
Original post by iEthan
:eek3: this trumps feeding wild bears for sure. Were there any side effects? :holmes:

Tingling skin for an hour or two, at most. :dontknow:
Original post by ravioliyears
x

:shock: OK, OK. What's the second most dangerous thing you've ever done? :giggle:
(edited 7 years ago)
Well, I've been in a mine that probably wasn't particularly safe (...and probably increased my chance of lung cancer by several orders of magnitude) and have had some uncomfortably close encounters with some rocks. Still alive though!
Reply 6
Eaten an after- eight mint before eight o'clock.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Plagioclase
Well, I've been in a mine that probably wasn't particularly safe (...and probably increased my chance of lung cancer by several orders of magnitude) and have had some uncomfortably close encounters with some rocks. Still alive though!

A mine? What sort of mine was it? It must have meant a lot to you to put yourself at so much risk! :zomg:

Original post by meenu89
Eaten a after- eight mint before eight o'clock.

You deviant, you. :colonhash:
That awkward moment when you sit for 5 minutes thinking for an answer then realise that you're too much of a wimp to do anything dangerous :colondollar:
I don't think I've done anything particularly dangerous, however on an A Level Geology trip we had to climb up a near-vertical cliff with no safety gear, which was a bit nerve-wracking because there was nothing to stop us falling backwards! :s-smilie:
Touched a candle flame.
Some might call me a pioneer.
Original post by iEthan
A mine? What sort of mine was it? It must have meant a lot to you to put yourself at so much risk! :zomg:

Haha I don't want to exaggerate too much, I had to sign a personal liability form but it's not as if I put myself in great mortal peril. It was really cool though, definitely worth it, and gave me a lot more respect for Cornish miners during the Industrial Revolution who had to work in those conditions!
Original post by iEthan
:shock: OK, OK. What's the second most dangerous thing you've ever done? :giggle:

Hmmmmmmmm. Drive on NFS on my PS. All those poor cars that get hit bc of my horrendous driving skills :rofl: And I wonder why I have more aggression than precision points :rolleyes: :mmm:
Original post by george_c00per
That awkward moment when you sit for 5 minutes thinking for an answer then realise that you're too much of a wimp to do anything dangerous :colondollar:

:colondollar: there must be something! C'mon, don't be shy.

Original post by Leviathan1741
I don't think I've done anything particularly dangerous, however on an A Level Geology trip we had to climb up a near-vertical cliff with no safety gear, which was a bit nerve-wracking because there was nothing to stop us falling backwards! :s-smilie:

That sounds terrifying :afraid: how high was the cliff? I bet that was exhausting too.. :console:

Original post by Plagioclase
Haha I don't want to exaggerate too much, I had to sign a personal liability form but it's not as if I put myself in great mortal peril. It was really cool though, definitely worth it, and gave me a lot more respect for Cornish miners during the Industrial Revolution who had to work in those conditions!

Ahhhh OK :tongue: still quite a scary thing to do imo!
Reply 14
downing the good part of a bottle of rum
wasn't pretty
My family and I drove up Vesuvius
But personally, walking very close to the edge of the cliffs at Beachy head was probably the most dangerous
That or when I went swimming in the sea in France and was literally surrounded by jelly fish :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by CorpusLuteum
Touched a candle flame.
Some might call me a pioneer.

This really made me laugh :lol:

Original post by dskinner
Taking a ****

everytime i'm unsure whether my butt will survive the onslaught of brown mess coming out, safe to say i'm still alive and so is my butt currently but it's a wonder it's even held out that long....

Good lord. I hope your… bowel movements continue to be non life threatening.. :lolwut:

Original post by ravioliyears
Hmmmmmmmm. Drive on NFS on my PS. All those poor cars that get hit bc of my horrendous driving skills :rofl: And I wonder why I have more aggression than precision points :rolleyes: :mmm:

Badass right here. Onion is now quivering with fear, she's definitely not sending you a Christmas card. :unimpressed:
Original post by iEthan
:colondollar: there must be something! C'mon, don't be shy.

I went down a steep slide head first even though it said that you strictly had to go feet first, that was a wild moment lol
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
downing the good part of a bottle of rum
wasn't pretty

:rofl: that sounds really rough. Were you hanging the next day or are you one of the lucky ones that don't get hangovers?

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
My family and I drove up Vesuvius
But personally, walking very close to the edge of the cliffs at Beachy head was probably the most dangerous
That or when i went swimming in France and was literally surrounded by jelly fish :frown:

Spoiler

:afraid: surrounded?! Those things freak me out so much, my brain tells me they shouldn't exist because they're all squidgy and weird.
Removed a USB stick without putting the safely remove option on

Quick Reply

Latest