The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Isn't there a proper unofficial mark scheme up for c4 yet????
Original post by coolguy123456
I know this is the C4 thread but it's more active than C3 so thought i'd ask my question on here for C3:

if on the last part of the last q on C3 (where you had to show that T=...) i had T= -5ln(1/2+.../e^1.4) would i get 1-2 marks? The inside wasn't tidy or what it was supposed to be but i got -5 on outside and half on inside so cause of ln rules it's the same as having 5 and 2 ? (my inside wasn't correct but i showed working to get the value for a)

I believe you and me made a similar mistake. I think we missed out multiplying every term by e^-2/5 or whatever. I can't remember my exact expression but it wasn't right, I am expecting to lose 2 or 3 marks (it was out of 4 I think).
Original post by k.russell
I believe you and me made a similar mistake. I think we missed out multiplying every term by e^-2/5 or whatever. I can't remember my exact expression but it wasn't right, I am expecting to lose 2 or 3 marks (it was out of 4 I think).

Yeah it was out of 4, i think the least we will get is 1, maybe 2 if we're lucky but say 1, i also didn't leave one of the answer in simplest form earlier so expecting 71/75. Any guesses what UMS this would be?
Original post by arrangill
How many marks out of the total 100marks do u think i need to get for 47ums and 57ums??? Thanks in advance :smile:

47 UMS? 57ums? Aim higher

47 UMS = 40 marks, 57 UMS = 46 marks
guys im stressing, i lost around 7 marks in c4 and people say the boundaries will be like the jan 11 paper cus it was so easy. what does everyone think the boundaries will be. i need an A in c4 because hopefully i have 100% ums in c3
would 66/75 in C4 and 72/75 in C3 be enough for an A*?
Original post by championsweat123

exactly what im trying to find out, realistcally we are both on A, providing you got very high in c1 and c2 and at least C's in the applied, but that A* would be very nice especially since we did better in the harder paper :') even if someone were to say that we would get an A* it wont be guaranteed, so i think we will just have to wait but we should enjoy the summer in the mean time.
Original post by championsweat123

Yes, highly likely. 72/75 in C3 will fetch you 95 UMS atleast, if not more. 66 on C4 will fetch you atleast 85 UMS (but again, more likely to be more than that)
Original post by Mhyykol
guys im stressing, i lost around 7 marks in c4 and people say the boundaries will be like the jan 11 paper cus it was so easy. what does everyone think the boundaries will be. i need an A in c4 because hopefully i have 100% ums in c3

Nah, theres no way boundaries will be like January 2011. Most people on this site are claiming A to be around 63. There is a proven historical pattern of grade boundary overestimation on this website, due to the majority on here being at the higher end of the bell curve. So chances are an A will be 61 or 62.
Think i got 74/75 on c3 and ~66 on c4 hope its enough for a*
Raw marks needed for 70 UMS?
Original post by Fas
Nah, theres no way boundaries will be like January 2011. Most people on this site are claiming A to be around 63. There is a proven historical pattern of grade boundary overestimation on this website, due to the majority on here being at the higher end of the bell curve. So chances are an A will be 61 or 62.

thank you for the reassuring words :smile:
97 LAST YEAR ON c3 AND 64/75 THIS YEAR
IS THAT ENOUGH FOR AN A* DO YOU THINK????????

THANKS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coolguy123456
Yeah it was out of 4, i think the least we will get is 1, maybe 2 if we're lucky but say 1, i also didn't leave one of the answer in simplest form earlier so expecting 71/75. Any guesses what UMS this would be?

I dunno I got the same I think. I reckon 95 will be minimum, as 71/75 is 95% raw and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it's higher because it was fairly tricky imo
Original post by arrangill
Same, really wanna know too, can you send me them if you find out.

From what i can remember (may be a little wrong just a guess for people to change):

1)6
2)5
3)5
4)4
5i)3
5ii)4
6)6
(another 3 marks somewhere)

7)18
8i)1
8ii)2
8iii)5
8iv)2
8 had another 8 marks somewhere

Thanks, please edit.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php? Finally l!!=557003&d=1466962719
For my C4 on the last question, I drew a diagram showing the possible position vectors of P and then I also tried to solve to find lambda in the form of initially showing magnitude of PE = square root 8. But in subbing in my unit vector of PE (which was correct and I found), I forgot to put a square root around my magnitude for the vector so I couldn't find lambda as it was some weird decimal number which was recurring and so I couldn't solve for lambda and I didn't continue the question to find the possible position vectors. :/ How many marks do you think I lost cause that was the only question I lost marks in that whole paper.
Hey, I've been busy this weekend so the first time I've had a chance to think about c4. There was an implicit dy/dx question. I did the whole question in degrees and didn't realize -.- But I scribbled it out as well as I could but there was still some remnants of my working visible (through my scribbled lines) . I left a note underneath, "ignore this. I accidentally did this in degrees check next page for rad version" I re-did the question in rad and got it right :biggrin:

But will i be penalized for this?
Original post by countduckula1906
Hey, I've been busy this weekend so the first time I've had a chance to think about c4. There was an implicit dy/dx question. I did the whole question in degrees and didn't realize -.- But I scribbled it out as well as I could but there was still some remnants of my working visible (through my scribbled lines) . I left a note underneath, "ignore this. I accidentally did this in degrees check next page for rad version" I re-did the question in rad and got it right :biggrin:

But will i be penalized for this?

Nope that's perfectly fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Euclidean
Nope that's perfectly fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome! thank you for the quick reply :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending