The Student Room Group

YR11s!! What are you doing now your GCSEs are over?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rajive
What subjects are you going to study in September and what are you hoping to get in those subjects at GCSE ?

At A Level....
Geography
History
RS

For GCSE geography, I want an A* as it's my favourite subject, in history I want an A but I think i'll get a B tbh and then I didn't do RS at GCSE so they'll use my english GCSE result, in which i want an A* or an A, either is wonderful :smile:
Woohoo is there really still 10 weeks? I was told we had 10 weeks over a week ago when my exams ended. :biggrin:

But this summer is going to take forever.
Original post by Kryptonian
Woohoo is there really still 10 weeks? I was told we had 10 weeks over a week ago when my exams ended. :biggrin:

But this summer is going to take forever.

it's just a rough estimate lel, I might be a week out. My exams finished 2 days ago!!! Ahah "this summer is going to take forever", that's good, right?
Original post by Ella_08
it's just a rough estimate lel, I might be a week out. My exams finished 2 days ago!!! Ahah "this summer is going to take forever", that's good, right?

Good but what am I going to do? Be bored for all this time.
Original post by Kryptonian
Good but what am I going to do? Be bored for all this time.

You don't have to be bored all the time, though. Make friends with some wild birds :top: or cycle to Antarctica
Original post by Ella_08
Hello guys! :hello:
To all year 11s who have finished their GCSEs... congrats!:pwnd::parrot::jiggy::happy2::gthumb::grin::flower2: :ahee::angel::bunny:

Soooo, we all have really long summers. I think I have about 10 weeks off (yay)! I want to make the most of this time and really enjoy it.

Here are some ideas of stuff to do (or at least stuff I'm gonna do):
> prom :smile:
> make a YouTube channel
> go on NCS (4 weeks)
> chill with friends :cool:
> make scrapbooks of stuff
> going to see last shadow puppets, sooo excited!
> Shopping -parents are giving me money if i get good gcses :awesome:
> Make music.... maybe. Might try it out
> Sort out my room like posters and repainting/ decorate with lights :bell:
> go running/ cycling
> TSR... obvs :cyber:
> photography - might get a polaroid????
> maybe do a meetup
> Finish watching pretty little liars/ oitnb :cute:
> find cool music on spotify then make playlists
> play games --> agar.io is my fave
> write a bit of poetry
> make art, kinda like drawing :fluffy:
> go on holiday with parents, I think we're going to France. I hope we go on a speed boat aha
> burn my school jumper lol :biggrin:
> do a few online competitions, might be fun
> sounds nerdy but I want to learn all the countries for georgraphy A level and just self-satisfaction :h:
> get into reading again :yy:

These are things I plan to do, bc I just want to make it as enjoyable as possible. I don't just want to be one of those people locked to the TV all day, feeling tired and bored. I'll have some lazy days but i just don't want it to be 10 weeks of lazy days (: What things are you gonna do? I'm curious :u::u::u:

Bloody hell you have a lot planned.
I have literally nothing planned other than game, code, sleep, repeat. lol.
Original post by CharlesJH

I know!! I'll probably only do half of it tho. Enjoy your gaming life :tongue::wink:
Original post by Ella_08
You don't have to be bored all the time, though. Make friends with some wild birds :top: or cycle to Antarctica

:frown: no wild birds near me and I don't have a cycle nor do I have any idea how to get there. Any advice? 😄

Don't worry you're not alone. Same for me.
Original post by Ella_08
I know!! I'll probably only do half of it tho. Enjoy your gaming life :tongue::wink:

I'll try my best lol.
I kinda want to work on some kind of project/site that I could perhaps sell or something, but I suppose I just lack motivation right now.
That and go to Thorpe Park, but no friends/fear of asking to go out kinda limits that.
I'll try my best lol.
I kinda want to work on some kind of project/site that I could perhaps sell or something, but I suppose I just lack motivation right now.
That and go to Thorpe Park, but no friends/fear of asking to go out kinda limits that.

That sounds cool! I guess you could just chill for a few weeks, then do a project of some sort. Tbh I just go to themeparks with my mum cos my friends don't like rides :biggrin: Lightwater valley is amazing but i've never been to thorpe park
Original post by Ella_08
Hello guys! :hello:
To all year 11s who have finished their GCSEs... congrats!:pwnd::parrot::jiggy::happy2::gthumb::grin::flower2: :ahee::angel::bunny:

Soooo, we all have really long summers. I think I have about 10 weeks off (yay)! I want to make the most of this time and really enjoy it.

Here are some ideas of stuff to do (or at least stuff I'm gonna do):
> prom :smile:
> make a YouTube channel
> go on NCS (4 weeks)
> chill with friends :cool:
> make scrapbooks of stuff
> going to see last shadow puppets, sooo excited!
> Shopping -parents are giving me money if i get good gcses :awesome:
> Make music.... maybe. Might try it out
> Sort out my room like posters and repainting/ decorate with lights :bell:
> go running/ cycling
> TSR... obvs :cyber:
> photography - might get a polaroid????
> maybe do a meetup
> Finish watching pretty little liars/ oitnb :cute:
> find cool music on spotify then make playlists
> play games --> agar.io is my fave
> write a bit of poetry
> make art, kinda like drawing :fluffy:
> go on holiday with parents, I think we're going to France. I hope we go on a speed boat aha
> burn my school jumper lol :biggrin:
> do a few online competitions, might be fun
> sounds nerdy but I want to learn all the countries for georgraphy A level and just self-satisfaction :h:
> get into reading again :yy:

These are things I plan to do, bc I just want to make it as enjoyable as possible. I don't just want to be one of those people locked to the TV all day, feeling tired and bored. I'll have some lazy days but i just don't want it to be 10 weeks of lazy days (: What things are you gonna do? I'm curious :u::u::u:

My GCSEs aren't over :frown:
Browse the internet (if you're bored)...there's tonnes of things you can do..try searching online e.g. summer activities or what to do when you're bored
Original post by Ella_08
That sounds cool! I guess you could just chill for a few weeks, then do a project of some sort. Tbh I just go to themeparks with my mum cos my friends don't like rides :biggrin: Lightwater valley is amazing but i've never been to thorpe park

Been to Thorpe Park four times, it is brilliant.
Original post by HamzahPatel
My GCSEs aren't over :frown:

:sorry: what do you have left?
Been to Thorpe Park four times, it is brilliant.

might try it some time then :smile:
Wait impatiently for results day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awsum!! You just reminded me how good the cinema is. Your cover is sooo fun- you're really good, i'll sub you :wink: kpop is beautiful, just got into it :flutterby: oh right never heard of it but i'll try it, cheers. I'll learn flags too. Yup same, might do a bit of pre-geography and Buddhism for RS :colone:
Original post by Username1502
Wait impatiently for results day

Posted from TSR Mobile

pls don't :hmmmm:
Anime, anime and anime (manga too)

Quick Reply

Latest