The Student Room Group

Will you guys just shut the **** up about losing the referendum?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AverageExcellence
To qualify that before you be predictably slippery (which everybody can see and laugh at):

4 points were explicitly said, the Cameron point was strongly implied, and to state that it was my complete misreading of it he came back a second time and had to qualify it by elaborating on the comment, so clearly it was obvious in the context of the speech he was making he was making a hyperbolic comment which he had to return to to save face.

How old are you? did you even vote?

I think the only person that replied to my comment was you. You're imagining yourself to be 'winning' something and others are cheering you on, which is laughable. This debate has only been between us, but you're getting caught up in delusions of grandeur.

My age is entirely irrelevant unless you're moronic enough to believe that age can possibly determine someone's political awareness or intelligence.
Original post by AverageExcellence
Loool you are well and truly triggered now, thats me being cheered on by the masses and i think im going to be a champion of the people all displayed through a conversation leading to you losing it. This is getting funny, embarrassing for you though.

Your age clearly does show awareness and is evident in the construction of your arguments, you try to go for the man and not the ball and dont engage with the points made but rather stick purely to your guns out of some misshapen morality or self righteousness.. its almost like you're scared to concede on points.

But if you're quite finished making rather funny stabs in the dark about illusions of grandeur on the 5th page of an aging thread on TSR then you clearly haven't really seen much of the other million pages available on this site.

If you weren't getting angry over my replies you'd have stopped responding three pages ago. Don't kid yourself, buddy. Don't pat yourself on the back because you believe that you've 'won' a debate through your own illogical and hypocritical arguments. I have conceded multiple times that the Remain campaign was dishonest in areas, unlike you, who has not once admitted their initial mistake and continuing idiocy.

I'm going to stop here because you don't deserve to be graced with further responses. No doubt you're left wallowing in some false sense of accomplishment because getting the last word in must mean you've 'won', right? Judging by your profile you're four years older than me, but your arguments and the tone of your responses alone have undermined your belief in age being deterministic of intelligence or consciousness.
Original post by elen90
If you weren't getting angry over my replies you'd have stopped responding three pages ago. Don't kid yourself, buddy. Don't pat yourself on the back because you believe that you've 'won' a debate through your own illogical and hypocritical arguments. I have conceded multiple times that the Remain campaign was dishonest in areas, unlike you, who has not once admitted their initial mistake and continuing idiocy.

I'm going to stop here because you don't deserve to be graced with further responses. No doubt you're left wallowing in some false sense of accomplishment because getting the last word in must mean you've 'won', right? Judging by your profile you're four years older than me, but your arguments and the tone of your responses alone have undermined your belief in age being deterministic of intelligence or consciousness.

You are making ridiculous claims saying the figures provided were overwhelmingly accurate even when remain and leave alike have come out and said long term forecasts like that are just ridiculous. You conceded on a point which was incontrovertible on some misguided assumption i should concede what i said was a lie, all of the points have been well reported and even when given the quotes you try to worm around them and say they are taken out of context, it is quite frankly pathetic.

Lol you say i have delusions of grandeur and then you say you 'grace' people with your responses, who are you the queen or PM? you are some angsty teenager probably just finished her GCSEs and thinks she's destined for greatness hahaha. What is it with you and this concept of winning and losing? do you really peg your self-esteem and worth to arguments you have on TSR?

You have proven nothing more than whining and moaning, although i will give you credit you conceded that misinformation was twofold, which is merely the point i was making is that by calling for a 2nd referendum on the count of the leave inaccuracies completely negates any responsibility for the remain inaccuracy.
As to Remains threat of WW3 - Cameron stated as part of the Remain campaign : "Can we be so sure peace and stability on our continent are assured beyond any shadow of doubt? Is that a risk worth taking?"I would never be so rash to make that assumption."Cameron also claimed :
“There’s absolutely nothing in the renegotiation that gives up our veto as a full member of the European Union,”
When his re-negotiation prevents any powers of veto against new legislation.
Original post by CharlesJH

So yeah. tl;dr stop ****ing whining, welcome to democracy. If you want to try and change a democratic vote and stop brexit from happening, then you're kinda a fascist...

Like Farage was a fascist then, in his speech as the polls closed.

Mr Farage said: "Win or lose this battle, we will win this war, we will get this country back, we will get our independence back and we will get our borders back.

"The Eurosceptic genie is out of the bottle and will not now be put back."

He added: "The landscape of British politics has changed and changed forever."

He was fully intending to fight on to pull the UK out of Europe if Remain had won.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Your attempt to silence the opposition defies the fundamental principles of liberal democracy: to have discussions.

Also attempting (and failing miserably) to demonstrate that older people who have been paying taxes for over 40 years shouldn't be able to vote, so having a 2nd referendum should be in order to get what they want.

Well not in this world. Accept what has happened and get over it.
Original post by Boreism
Also attempting (and failing miserably) to demonstrate that older people who have been paying taxes for over 40 years shouldn't be able to vote, so having a 2nd referendum should be in order to get what they want.

Link me to the post where I stated that older people should not be able to vote.

You won't be able to because I made no such claim. I was merely pointing out the flaw in OP's logic. I hold the belief that everyone (of age) should be able to vote, irrespective of whether or not it will have an effect on them in the near/far future. I can, surprisingly enough, hold this belief and also reject the notion that those who were disappointed with the result should (and I quote) 'shut up'.

Accept what has happened and get over it.

No, there is nothing wrong with people having passionate discussions regarding the outcome of the referendum. And no, they won't 'get over it' because this will have an impact on their future. If you have no interest in their discussions then I think it is you who needs to ignore them.
Link me to the post where I stated that older people should not be able to vote.

You won't be able to because I made no such claim. I was merely pointing out the flaw in OP's logic. I hold the belief that everyone (of age) should be able to vote, irrespective of whether or not it will have an effect on them in the near/far future. I can, surprisingly enough, hold this belief and also reject the notion that those who were disappointed with the result should (and I quote) 'shut up'.

You misunderstood the context here. I was also pointing out the flaws in OP's logic, trying to follow up with your post. There wasn't need for that tone. I should've made my post more clearer to you (and others).
Original post by Boreism
You misunderstood the context here. I was also pointing out the flaws in OP's logic, trying to follow up with your post. There wasn't need for that tone. I should've made my post more clearer to you (and others).

My apologies. I misread. :colondollar:
No thank you, it's very important to everyone's futures.
Original post by James82
Do you really think that a single leave voter voted for out because they wanted "all the EU policies implemented nationally"? If that is what you are protesting for then it is just as fascist as not respecting the will of the people in the referendum.

Er… the will of 31% of the electorate btw.
Your attempt to silence the opposition defies the fundamental principles of liberal democracy: to have discussions.

he's not on about having "discussions"

he's @CharlesJH on about complaints driving momentum to another referendum, which is undemocratic.
Original post by Vinny C
Er… the will of 31% of the electorate btw.

oh dear..look at the dates lol
Original post by Bang Outta Order
oh dear..look at the dates lol

Dates, figs, grapes, olives... they'll all go up.
Yes to a second referendum. I say this because Brexit and the re-introduction of a hard border across the island of Ireland will destabilise the peace (and its ‘dividend’) enjoyed by Northern Ireland’s populace since 1998.
Original post by Vinny C
Dates, figs, grapes, olives... they'll all go up.

i meant the date of the thread
Original post by Bang Outta Order
i meant the date of the thread

Hmm... living off the calendar. You could eat the sundaes.

Quick Reply

Latest