The Student Room Group

Virgin First Time Sex!

thought I would make title a bit more eye catching :tongue:

Okay! So I was a believer in no sex before marriage but being with my boyfriend and talking with him about us and our bodies and how we feel, it is obvious to me that I want to have sex with him and that no sex before marriage, where I wouldn't call it pointless, is pretty pointless. - I am bad at explaining myself so if you get that, you get it! LOL

He loves me a lot and I love him just as much! We have discussed having sex and what it would mean, what we need in terms of condoms etc.

He respects me and my choices and everything and I do want to have sex with him but, I am scared

I am not scared of the pain or anything like that but, I come from a strict Indian family so becoming pregnant would be the end of my life! (No they wouldn't kill me but probably disowned )

This may sound stupid to some but I am scared of having sex for fear of falling pregnant I know about safe sex and using a condom and the morning after pill but, I'm one of those people that despite everything and the knowledge of practising safe sex, I know that once I have sex with him, the fear of being pregnant will consume me

For all the ladies out there, how did you get over this fear if you ever had it and what advice would you give on this issue?

Sorry for the ramble but I just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts and experiences!

Thank you!
i would like to know what ppl think about this too :redface:
Original post by Anonymous
i would like to know what ppl think about this too :redface:

aha! so do i!
Go for it OP!

Original post by Cinamon Biscuit
aha! so do i!

Sorry, but your name sounds delicious :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hey
I am from an Indian fmily too, and that too a very middle class one; from a very township region of INdia. Well now I am in London but when I first had 'that', I was some 18/19 years old. I was scared as well like you :P not for pain or anything but yeah, 'getting preggo'.. well, thats a fear of all female I guess, at any age until they need child.. so it is not for the first time thing. Anyway, go for it I would say, as long as you trust your partner. And it is not much of a pain anyway. Let us know how it went afterwards :wink:
Reply 5
So, it's like crossing the road, high hazard but if you are careful low risk. Condom used responsibly is safe, implant even safer. Most of the necessary and best things in life come with a degree of risk.
Reply 6
Original post by Zarek
So, it's like crossing the road, high hazard but if you are careful low risk. Condom used responsibly is safe, implant even safer. Most of the necessary and best things in life come with a degree of risk.

Tbh an implant won't protect against STD's, only pregnancy. A condom/femidom is the only way to make sure STD's aren't transmitted.
Reply 7
Good story here. I like it. carry on!
Use the pill AND condoms? Can't really get more protected than that.*
You'll be looking forward for you period every month since you start having sex, it's just about all the women, not only about those having strict parents. If you want to be sure you can take everyday pills, use condoms and take the morning after pill, but anyway you'll be worried every month.
I've been in a similar situation but if you feel comfortable in the relationship and are ready and willing to take precautions then do have sex with him.

Quick Reply

Latest