The Student Room Group

Do you think UK is screwed after Brexit and will you leave the country?

I am not too sure but a lot of my friends want to leave after they get their degrees. Since i am in Year 12, we were all underage my only a few months to vote.
Do you think we are screwed and will you like to leave the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, you're all going to die.

:frown:
At this early stage, it's a pretty exaggerated reaction. Where would they go? America? Good luck with their upcoming future, whichever way their election ends up.
Reply 3
Screwed? Yes - unless other countries also vote out of the EU en masse. Even then, that lets Putin do whatever the hell he likes with his bordering countries, so lose lose either way

Will I leave? No. Leaving is bloody difficult, I'll stay unless the country literally falls apart
I want to move abroad not because of the referendum.
I do think this is a dark day and it is in for a hell of a rough ride. Curios to see how long it takes for Scotland to secure independence. I can't blame people wanting to leave. I left my hometown as I didn't like it and didn't want to have to live their all my life because I was born there. Now the UK has made a terrible mistake in most peoples eyes, one they didn't vote for so why shouldn't they just leave?
I already left the country, to Europe, but I'll no longer be an EU citizen. Some of us wanted to take advantage of the right to live and work in the 27 other member states. :sigh:
Yes this country is going to go to **** and we will become an LEDC where our main export will be fish and chips but we will be tariff blocked by the EU.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
People need to understand that it isn't going to be as bad as they think! Yes England is probably going to lose a lot of wealth but life will continue the way it used to be... And anyway, if we end up like the way Switzerland is currently, that's probably better than remaining.

The main thing we lose is the sense of community and how time consuming travelling around Europe will be.

I would have voted remain by the way.

On the topic, I may... Britain in general is bad for computer science and it's only worsened by Brexit. All depends on the AS grades and what Uni I get into :/
In the short term it might be a bit bumpy but UK had existed previously for all but the last 40 odd years being part of the EU, am sure it can still survive.

As for leaving the country, that depend on what you're trying to escape.
Yes I do and I might.
I think London is screwed, rest of the country will likely improve for the better.
Boris Johnson is likely to become PM.

I think the answer to the question is quite obvious.

When you have a clown running things you tend to end up with a circus.
Too early to tell what is going to happen, don't believe the propaganda that is being spread now.
I was going to Australia in September anyway so I'll stay there for as long as I can. I'm hoping to go to Dublin after that but it'll depend on whether I can get a job/somewhere to live and how much damage has been done in NI while I'm away.
No and no.
lol, thick year 12s thinking that their life is over, lol get a grip
(edited 7 years ago)
:hahaha:
Original post by govandpolitics
lol, thick year 12s thinking that there life is over,
Original post by MagicNMedicine
:hahaha:

:colondollar:
Life goes on. If you think your prospects are better in any other European nation, then good luck. May want to learn a language other than English first (I'm saying this as a European who speaks multiple European languages and someone who has lived in more than one nation).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending