The Student Room Group

Petition calling for 2nd Referendum - and write to your MP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ib_hopeful
To have a well functioning democracy you need an informed public.

Just a few hours after the results were announced, we are hearing that many of Leave's promises could only be fulfilled if we accept freedom of movement, which goes against the fundamntal premise that Leave campaigned on.

A democracy where the public are uninformed is hardly a democracy by our colloquial definition of the word.

A lot of the anger seems to be because 16 and 17 year olds, who would have swung the vote massively, weren't able to vote. I personally don't think it's democratic because they will be heavily affected too. The leave campaign was just ridiculous that morning when farage admitted the 350million was a lie (and the presenter was evidently angry)
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
A lot of the anger seems to be because 16 and 17 year olds, who would have swung the vote massively, weren't able to vote. I personally don't think it's democratic because they will be heavily affected too. The leave campaign was just ridiculous that morning when farage admitted the 350million was a lie (and the presenter was evidently angry)

Turnout for 18-24 year olds was 36%...

If they cared so much for Bremain then they should have voted. Ridiculous.

I bet the 14-15 year old vote would have swung it even more. But then we'd have angry cries from the 12-13 year olds, of course.
Original post by James.Carnell
I don't think you can't comprehend how pissed off people would be with another vote. The consequences arising from it would make the fallout from this vote seem like a walk in the park. Bremainers pushing for a revote are absolute fantasists. How about I push for a revote on the general election... they lied!
How about I push for a revote on the Scottish Independence referendum... they lied!

Ridiculous.

:rolleyes:
Original post by Castro Saint
Before the 23rd:

"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it" - Nigel Farage

Now that Brexit has won Farage doesn't think another referendum is necessary. Ironic, your post is.

People have every right to call for another referendum. Definitely seeing that alot of Brexiters realised they have made a big mistake.

Before 23rd a second referendum was ruled out and now remainers want one.

Unfinished business doesn't mean a 2nd referendum.
Original post by celloel
Leave won in a fair and democratic referendum.
Calling for a petition just because you didn't get the result you wanted is not how democracy works. Grow up.

Exactly, people can't have their own way all the time in life. People don't seem to grow up, ' a second vote should take place as the win wasn't over 60%'. That's like in the playground when you lose a game and then want another go with the rules twisted to benefit you :tongue:.
Original post by joecphillips
Before 23rd a second referendum was ruled out and now remainers want one.

Oh is that official is it 😂
Who said and on what authority?

Unfinished business doesn't mean a 2nd referendum.

I fail to see what that does mean though?
Oh is that official is it 😂
Who said and on what authority?

I fail to see what that does mean though?

Cameron said there wouldn't be a second referendum and eu leaders also said that.

I can tell you what it doesn't mean, it doesn't mean he was campaigning for a second referendum.
Cameron said there wouldn't be a second referendum and eu leaders also said that.

I can tell you what it doesn't mean, it doesn't mean he was campaigning for a second referendum.

facepalm
Before the 23rd:

"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it" - Nigel Farage

Now that Brexit has won Farage doesn't think another referendum is necessary. Ironic, your post is.

People have every right to call for another referendum. Definitely seeing that alot of Brexiters realised they have made a big mistake.

Says whom?

Where's your poll? (And pollsters have been pretty inaccurate recently.)

So don't talk ********.

(And don't quote like 5 articles of different individuals, because they're hardly going to be representative, moreso because it was 17.5 million who voted to leave.)
This petition has already been riddled with fraud and trickery. Even if it got 20 million votes it would be cast down.
It's not up to the Bremainers lol. I'm saying that if it were the other way around, the Brexiters would be doing the same thing that we are and don't you dare say that isn't true.

Doesn't make you any less disgusting for doing this.

Not massively enough, at all.

Farage has already said on TV that the £350 million figure is a "gross" figure, so to speak.
And it's not like David Cameron didn't lie when he passed off his not genuine "speculation" as fact.
Original post by XcitingStuart
Says whom?

Where's your poll? (And pollsters have been pretty inaccurate recently.)

So don't talk ********.

(And don't quote like 5 articles of different individuals, because they're hardly going to be representative, moreso because it was 17.5 million who voted to leave.)

There's no poll, that was anecdotal.

I'm not circlejerking with toxic people on TSR all night, ya'll get triggered so easily.

Have fun exporting cake to France lul

I'm not circlejerking with toxic people on TSR all night, ya'll get triggered so easily.

There is a poll 1% are unhappy
image.jpeg

Well don't say another EU referendum would be good especially so because many Brexiteers regret their decision.

Otherwise I'd point out your idiocy.
There is a poll 1% are unhappy
image.jpeg

while I dont think there should be another referendum because people didnt get what they want (and I voted remain so not really biased) that 'poll' was based on 1069 people so I imagine is very inaccurate considering in total over 33 million people voted therefore shouldnt be given any credit
Original post by madmadmax321
while I dont think there should be another referendum because people didnt get what they want (and I voted remain so not really biased) that 'poll' was based on 1069 people so I imagine is very inaccurate considering in total over 33 million people voted therefore shouldnt be given any credit

That's not how polling works.

A bigger population size doesn't necessarily necessitate a bigger sample size.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Apocrypha
If anyone doesnt know. This person only posted part of Farage's statement and not the whole thing, in the same statement Farage stated he never wanted to see a second referendum, as he planned to win the first one, which he did.

Calling for a second referendum would have the whole world laughing at us, im sure the majority of pro remain wouldn't mind that as they lack any form of patriotism or pride in their country whatsoever.

Another nationalist trying to shame people who disagree with him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Given that he promised a referendum in his manifesto, delivered it, and now has said he will deliver the result, I would say that he isn't the one attempting to short-circuit democracy. That would be the people seeking to set aside that entire process.

Your posts bear no relation to reality whatsoever. You live in your own fantasy world, and you do neither your cause nor anyone else any favours by putting forward such shrill, delusional whines as you've been spewing out constantly since the result came in.

No, he is getting someone else to deliver the result and you can see that the clown is nervous at the prospect of being held to something he didn't really want. How long will our temporary recession be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It needs to be left now, if it was the other way round i doubt the reaction would be the same.
Democracy is democracy not something that can be changed when we don't like the result

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending