Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

I feel like I'm falling apart
Original post by Ezme39
I feel like I'm falling apart

Aww :hugs:
Stay strong!!
Everything will be ok! Trust me!
I feel apathetic and dissociated yet still affected... it's exhausting.
Have hardly slept.
Yay.
Sertraline was giving me digestive issues so have been switched to citrolopram which appears to not have the same side effects. Hopefully it doesn't cause anything worse...

Last 2 exams today. Am nervous but am hoping my preperation has been sufficient.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Sertraline was giving me digestive issues so have been switched to citrolopram which appears to not have the same side effects. Hopefully it doesn't cause anything worse...

Last 2 exams today. Am nervous but am hoping my preperation has been sufficient.

Good luck!
I just love dreaming about being trapped in burning buildings :/
Original post by Tiger Rag
I don'tthink so. I also think that even if you've gone through something, your situation is still going to be somehwta different.

True, I have a couple of close people with various MH issues but I can only relate with the continuous pain, not other unique dilemmas they face, they're different to mine, but at the same time I think I empathise much better than have I not suffered from some MH issues throughout my life
Original post by Sabertooth
I agree with Tiger Rag that even if the someone has been through the same sort of thing it'll still probably differ a lot.

That said, my wife does not understand at all. She has never had to deal with mental illness before she met me. She still has the attitude that I'm bringing things on myself and if I just tried hard enough things would be ok. :/

The must be really frustrating! With MH issues in my case I want to keep trying but sometimes I don't care anymore and I'm tired of trying and "keep trying hard!" is the last thing I want to hear.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes of course they can. If somebody is willing to help, you have to be willing to accept. If you aren't willing to accept, then you may be in danger of pushing them away from you. Friends are there to support you, so let them support you

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I
Definitely can be understanding and helpful in my experience. :yep: I have really good friends who haven't had any MH issues but that are amazing and fantastic when I'm really ill, having a wobbly day or just need a chat. They explained it to me as that they don't know exactly what I'm going through, but they know that I'm hurting and they know what it's like to hurt. And they look at everything with openness and feel comfortable to ask me stuff about the illness/what's going on. :smile: I'm super lucky to have them as friends. :smile: :yep:

Don't know if any of that was legible or helpful at all, I'm not the best with words. :colondollar:

Cheers for the replies
I'm glad that you've got really good friends. I guess it depends on the person. I have a couple of close friends but they're the sort that say "awww don't worry be happy" and one time one of them heard about a student from our school OD on depression medication and he turned that into "what'd he OD on?" quiz and I was like what the actual **** :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is now 7:40 and too late to go to sleep again
Grand total of 3hrs of sleep and off to exam. Oh fun fun :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going home tomorrow for the first time in 6 months. It feels rather odd.
Managed bloods and a walk with a friend this morning. And a sandwich and flapjack. :redface: Absolutely knackered and feeling like I just want to curl up in a ball today, so pleased I managed it. :smile:

Hugs for all who need! :grouphugs:
So today was my official last day at college. :woo:

Am very proud of how far I've come this year.
So the lack of sleep did indeed kill me in the exam. Fml :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone ever get days where they feel like almost a fraud? I keep thinking that. Maybe its because I have my ESA medical coming up and I keep thinking that I don't deserve help, benefits or anything because there are people worse off than me - mentally and physically and I must not be ill and I am just a liar and a fraud even when I know I'm not and I've been mentally ill on and off for most of my life. Maybe its my way of trying to cope by denying things or the way I've been brought up which was very much - you can't ever moan about a problem because someone is out there dying of cancer or something else really tragic. Feeling like this has been really getting to me lately and makes me feel like I should turn down all the help I am due to get from my doctors referral and I should just get off my arse and get a job and never speak of mental illness again. I've been stressed to **** lately and been having some setbacks so maybe this is my way of trying to cope, I dunno :dontknow:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Does anyone ever get days where they feel like almost a fraud? I keep thinking that. Maybe its because I have my ESA medical coming up and I keep thinking that I don't deserve help, benefits or anything because there are people worse off than me - mentally and physically and I must not be ill and I am just a liar and a fraud even when I know I'm not and I've been mentally ill on and off for most of my life. Maybe its my way of trying to cope by denying things or the way I've been brought up which was very much - you can't ever moan about a problem because someone is out there dying of cancer or something else really tragic. Feeling like this has been really getting to me lately and makes me feel like I should turn down all the help I am due to get from my doctors referral and I should just get off my arse and get a job and never speak of mental illness again. I've been stressed to **** lately and been having some setbacks so maybe this is my way of trying to cope, I dunno :dontknow:

I don't really get days like that; but I have a problem with taking myself/mental health (disorders) seriously in general and then there are those moments where I suddenly get a really intense and consuming feeling of thinking that I am just faking it or that I am just attention seeking and that it isn't worse enough, etc., etc., If that's what you mean/helps...

Does anyone else have days/weeks/periods where nothing makes sense anymore...? Like, I'll read something and know what I have read but don't understand it or sometimes when I get like a question, I understand the question and might even 'know' the answer but I can't put it into words or I can't make sentences. I.e. I had to write essays in class today and one question just didn't make sense to me and the other I understood and I knew how to go about it but I had to talk about a book and how e.g. characters were portrayed and that just didn't make sense; I didn't know anything anymore and still down; I don't have an opinion or anything on it; the words just don't come. I don't know if that makes sense but it really frustrates me because this has happened so often this year, mostly on days/periods on/during which I feel really bad, and it has disabled me from doing tests and my exam week will start Wednesday and if this happens again I'll fail the test and I'll have to redo the year and I don't know what to do about this... (Sorry for the weird & long explanation.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TinyMockingbird
I don't really get days like that; but I have a problem with taking myself/mental health (disorders) seriously in general and then there are those moments where I suddenly get a really intense and consuming feeling of thinking that I am just faking it or that I am just attention seeking and that it isn't worse enough, etc., etc., If that's what you mean/helps...
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that is pretty much how I feel a lot of the time too, you explained it better than I did :tongue:
I have decided that if people want to ignore me etc then that is their loss.
It isn't but I shall pretend it is :smile:

~Anon 1
Want a laugh? Guess who I am seeing tomorrow...my old therapist

My GP called me to let me know my original date with my therapist was still available and that I could go to the appointment tomorrow if I want to so I have decided to go and tell her what I really feel and ask for supporting evidence from her to go along with my ESA and PIP claims. Also, found out today that its a psychiatrist I have been referred to and not a psychologist. I don't really know what to expect seeing a psychiatrist as I don't take meds, do they do therapy type things as well as prescribing meds?

I'm assuming the therapist has been told by my GP what I have said about her so it could be a bit awkward tomorrow but I'm past caring now. I'll be as polite as I can be as I don't like hurting or offended anyone but be firm enough to get my points across. Even if she did say she will definitely do weekly therapy now, its too late for that as she just isn't the therapist for me and told me in the past she would help me find someone else if need be.
Original post by Spock's Socks
Want a laugh? Guess who I am seeing tomorrow...my old therapist

My GP called me to let me know my original date with my therapist was still available and that I could go to the appointment tomorrow if I want to so I have decided to go and tell her what I really feel and ask for supporting evidence from her to go along with my ESA and PIP claims. Also, found out today that its a psychiatrist I have been referred to and not a psychologist. I don't really know what to expect seeing a psychiatrist as I don't take meds, do they do therapy type things as well as prescribing meds?

I'm assuming the therapist has been told by my GP what I have said about her so it could be a bit awkward tomorrow but I'm past caring now. I'll be as polite as I can be as I don't like hurting or offended anyone but be firm enough to get my points across. Even if she did say she will definitely do weekly therapy now, its too late for that as she just isn't the therapist for me and told me in the past she would help me find someone else if need be.

Lots of psychiatrists also do things therapists do, albeit less frequently (people often see psychiatrists once every 2 or 4 weeks) and appointments are often shorter. But lots of people see psychiatrists without being on meds. Also, I guess that if your GP's/your idea wasn't to put you on meds, I think your psychiatrist will likely take over a psychologists function, thus seeing you more often, at least that was one of my possibilities. Psychiatrists do need to have experience in the treatment and diagnosing of mental health disorders, so they too can help in other ways than by giving you medications :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this what used to be dep soc?

Latest