The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know my lack of faith in the UK is partly driven by post-referendum xenophobia...
People are just worrymongers..
blame the media
Original post by Blue_Mason
We live in one of the greatest countries in the world, but tsr members seem to think we are heading back to the dark ages.

If you owned an expensive car, would you (a) drive it carefully, avoiding completely unnecessary bumps and park it carefully or would you (b) smash it headlong into a brick wall you could easily have avoided, because it's one of the greatest cars in the world and you were sure it could take it?
Why do you generalise tsr members!
If I didn't think very highly of the UK, I wouldn't be worried that it was headed back to the dark ages.
We live in one of the greatest countries in the world, but tsr members seem to think we are heading back to the dark ages.

Do you like legitimising racism or giving the uneducated racists voice a voice to protest?
Reply 8
Original post by Fullofsurprises
If you owned an expensive car, would you (a) drive it carefully, avoiding completely unnecessary bumps and park it carefully or would you (b) smash it headlong into a brick wall you could easily have avoided, because it's one of the greatest cars in the world and you were sure it could take it?

Option a

Original post by Unsolved_Mistry
Why do you generalise tsr members!

I am not generalizing
Reply 9
Original post by TaintedLight
Do you like legitimising racism or giving the uneducated racists voice a voice to protest?

Of course not, I would never side with a uneducated racsits
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Or you drive it fast because its much more fun.
Let's face it the UK is not what it once was, many businesses have outsourced, most ideas of Great Britain from ye old days are outdated, we are part of the global community we should not cut ourselves off or pretend our own businesses are still the same they were many years ago. Unless you want to stick kids up chimneys or open the coal mines we rely on foreign business interest into our country do let's hope these new laws promote businesses to come to the UK or we are stuffed. One sided yes, a little narrow minded yes but that's how I feel, the fact we don't have a plan of any clue what to do is worrying after 40 years of general stability

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Of course not, I would never side with a uneducated racsits

and that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are several tweets that echoes the above screenshot's sentiment but I can't be bothered to take screenshots.
You can't say all brexiteers are racists, there will inevitably be some but they aren't all racists

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Britain's GDP per capita is only the 15th in Europe, behind such countries as Germany, Belgium, Sweden, the Netherlands.

Britain's GINI coefficient, which calculates how equal the distribution of wealth is within the country is far behind other European countries like Germany, France and Austria, and even lower then the EU's average.

Britain's HDI, or Human Development Index, which counts how developed a country is based on life expectancy, education, income and so on, is only 14th in the world, far behind countries like Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden.

Global Gender Gap Report, which measures gender equality, has Britain at 18th place, behind France, Germany, Slovenia, Ireland and Sweden.

World Health Organization, which measures and ranks global health organizations, has Britain at 18th place, behind the Netherlands, Greece (yes, Greece), Portugal, Spain, Italy, and the top-ranker France.

Corruption Perception Index, which measures corruption and corruption-related issues within a country has Britain on 10th place, behind Sweden, Denmark, Finland and the Nederlands.

In summary, Britain is not the best country in the EU by any major stat or category imaginable. It's behind most, especially more developed ones. It's not that people hate the UK, but they see that it can be better and not fall behind Germany, France, the Nederlands and so on.
Because the UK is a useless, pathetic and stupid nation, thankfully most of TSR can see that because we are educated
Reply 16
Original post by Manchester_123
Because the UK is a useless, pathetic and stupid nation, thankfully most of TSR can see that because we are educated

And you're probably not actually English
Because we are now a nation of lazy, over entitled bigots who blame everyone but ourselves for our problems.
Original post by Nirgilis
I know my lack of faith in the UK is partly driven by post-referendum xenophobia...

:ditto:

Latest