The Student Room Group

This isn't democracy.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by JordanL_
These people telling us to "accept the democratic decision" are only supporting democracy because it benefits them. It's not democratic to lie and manipulate the public with millions of pounds of advertising made up facts, and they'd be sure to tell us that if they'd lost.

ebin
Original post by Apocrypha
???? Not one of the experts detailed what would happen if we left the EU which discredits their recommendation instantly. All they said was that we were better off inside it. Well unlucky for the minority but we're going to be leaving the EU, and as time passes we will see how better off our country is.

The general view of the experts was that the vote to leave would result in some form of economic downturn in the UK, and NOT that we were destroyed forever.

Have you ever taken into account that even with short run economic downturn, people may still of voted leave by looking at the bigger picture? That's how I voted anyways.

Yes they did. People called it 'Project Fear' and accused them of scaremongering. And I think it's a bit naive to think we're definitely leaving the EU... There are so many possible outcomes.
Original post by Shumaya
Yes they did. People called it 'Project Fear' and accused them of scaremongering. And I think it's a bit naive to think we're definitely leaving the EU... There are so many possible outcomes.

We are definitely leaving the EU, our PM has resigned and the new leader will lead to negotiation of exit, there arent 'so many' possible outcomes, maybe if you're a remain voter in dreamland perhaps... Lol

Edit: Absolutely hilarious for someone to have the cheek to say us leaving the EU after a majority vote is 'naive' I literally burst out laughing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Apocrypha
We are definitely leaving the EU, our PM has resigned and the new leader will lead to negotiation of exit, there arent 'so many' possible outcomes, maybe if you're a remain voter in dreamland perhaps... Lol

Edit: Absolutely hilarious for someone to have the cheek to say us leaving the EU after a majority vote is 'naive' I literally burst out laughing.

This is only a comment by a random person on the internet but it makes for an interesting read.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl1BZC-WYAAY9Vv.jpg:large

And yes I did vote remain for the sake of stability/the economy, but I'm not a fan of the EU. I'd be very happy if the UK left and prospered, but it's not likely unless we agree to the free movement of labour. That is not going to go down well with the millions of people who voted leave to stop/control immigration.

Edit: Here's an article. It's the daily mail and it's not particularly convincing but it's by a brexiter so it shows that not only those in 'remainer dreamland' have doubts about how this will all pan out.

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2016/06/no-we-have-not-escaped-from-the-eu-and-we-may-not-ever-do-so-.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reue
Don't know why I came onto this clear click-bait thread, but the content was totally as expected.

6/10. Good effort, drew me in but needs to be more unique next time.

I have called her out on a few times in the past for posting unoriginal material without citing the source. I guess the message finally got to her because if you look at the very first post of the thread, she has taken the incredible effort of including the source. I guess we can take solace in that?
Original post by MamzZass
You make a good point but fail to acknowledge that scotland has its own parliament meaning it has control over some decisions which are made concerning scotland.

I recognize that we are part if the uk and that whatever is decided by the uk usually should affect scotland as well.

However this decision/referendum is not like the usual decisions which are made by the uk. It has massive repurcussions whatever the result and so the scottish parliament should be able to have a say in whether they are forced to leave the eu or not

Just as London has its own assembly that has some control over decisions, so I don't see the difference. We are one country who voted to leave.
Original post by James82
Just as London has its own assembly that has some control over decisions, so I don't see the difference. We are one country who voted to leave.

Except that scotland is defined as a country.

London is defined as a capital city.

Look it up in google for the defintion of each. It speaks for itself.
Original post by MamzZass
Except that scotland is defined as a country.

London is defined as a capital city.

Look it up in google for the defintion of each. It speaks for itself.

And in Europe"countries" are fairly arbitrary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fantastic Fan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending