The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MarocMan
you considered x as lambda i think thats why, but that seems right, dont forget line of intersections have many alternative answers

Any multiple is correct.
Reply 741
Original post by Major-fury
I thought they aren't allowed access to the Internet

they could easily, e.g hiding phone in toilets :/
I am a lucky **** to be honest. Yesterday I did the Sinnx/sinx right before I went to sleep, so I didn't have to think about it in the exam.
Original post by oShahpo
Major-fury, thou art correct!

i mean 125/15 lool my bad i forgot to simplify to 25/3 damn
Sounds like it was easy. That is a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oShahpo
I am a lucky **** to be honest. Yesterday I did the Sinnx/sinx right before I went to sleep, so I didn't have to think about it in the exam.

youre very lucky i skipped that and had to come back, then i started part a got to a point then completed part b and went back and finally realised the factor formula loool
This exam was as much of a joke as my social life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Sounds like it was easy. That is a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon it will be 75/75 for an A*, 75/75 for an A, 74/75 for a C. It was easy as hell. The only bit that requires a tiny bit of thinking was only for 3 marks.
For the very last question I made y coordinate 5 as I thought it would make it easier :/. I was wrong. For the regression question were we suppose to use double angle formula? That's what I did
Original post by oShahpo

The only question I'm not sure on is the last one I think I did everything right but can't seem to remember my answer. The position vector was (0,-0.2, and something else )
Reply 750
Original post by oShahpo

yeah man, same here. i was kinda surprised it was only 3 marks, would've been dope if it was like 6 marks, since I know most people will not get that one right
Reply 751
anyone has taken the ial paper?
Original post by Anon-
yeah man, same here. i was kinda surprised it was only 3 marks, would've been dope if it was like 6 marks, since I know most people will not get that one right

The grade boundaries are going to be up our collective mathematically asymmetric arse this year.
Original post by oShahpo
I reckon it will be 75/75 for an A*, 75/75 for an A, 74/75 for a C. It was easy as hell. The only bit that requires a tiny bit of thinking was only for 3 marks.

Realistic grade boundaries? I thought June 2015 was easier
I'm actually suprised the question I posted here was the question which came up in a way lmao

June 2015 was easier? LOL!
There wasn't even a locus question, they gave us theta for crying out loud :biggrin: You never see that in FP3 exams, you always have to do some arcane magic to cancel out the thetas. Also, the integral bit was moderately tough, but it was only for 3 marks. I reckon it will be 70 for an A*.
Reply 756

for real? june 2015 was hard af, 59/75 for A*
Original post by oShahpo
June 2015 was easier? LOL!
There wasn't even a locus question, they gave us theta for crying out loud :biggrin: You never see that in FP3 exams, you always have to do some arcane magic to cancel out the thetas. Also, the integral bit was moderately tough, but it was only for 3 marks. I reckon it will be 70 for an A*.

I fee like I may have ****ed up the question part c but have no idea can't remember my answer

my honest opinion is that itll be 72 100UMS 65 A* 58 A 51 B and who cares about the rest tbh... and i somehow couldnt get question 2, but i done everything else... btw what did you lot get for that completing the square integral that had a negative 1 as the coefficient of x^2 in the root
I fee like I may have ****ed up the question part c but have no idea can't remember my answer

Did you get it in the form required? I remember it was something like pi + 6root3 - 6 or pi - 6root + 6.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending