The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blahblah21
ahh i got a different answer for 2. I got 19/12ln(6) i might be wrong

I am sorry; I believe mine is correct as I checked the integral on my calculator and matched mine.
Original post by oShahpo
How many marks would I lose for not putting u=e^x? I.e. not resubbing the e^x. I am not even sure I didn't do it, but I think so.

Id say 1 at most 2 but I highly doubt they'd deduct 2 for that
Original post by oShahpo
I envy your memory my friend. All's correct, high five.

Haha, that should be you envy my large display on the casio-fx-9750GII where one can record all of their answers :wink:
in the reduction question i wrote the integral of cosx as -sin x so my b was -6 and c was 6, how many marks do i lose?
Original post by Ewanclementson
I believe I recorded mine wrong as I remember also getting -13/40. I shall correct that and repost the answers.

thank God, thanks for this man, btw may i ask how you did q2, as i got every other answer you got but couldnt do 2, as i find (dy/dx)^2 subbed into the formula, played about with it couldnt get anywhere, i panicked so made a substitution loool and got nowhere so i skipped. How did you do it and how many marks out of 7 do u think i could get for finding (dy/dx)^2 and subbing into the formula?
Original post by Anon-
i did the dot product of the two normal vectors, which is 0 (cos90)

I did the dot products and then concluded that the two perpendiculars are perpendicular, therefore the two planes are perpendicular. This is a valid conclusion isn't it?
I am sorry; I believe mine is correct as I checked the integral on my calculator and matched mine.

ahh damn it okay hopefully i dont lose too many marks :frown:
also how do you prove the reduction 3 marker??
Rather annoyed as that could have been as easy 75 but I completely froze on the 5 mark integration somehow! Used the completely wrong method so won't get any marks but should get 70/75. Hoping I got got 100UMS in M3 and FP2 if the unofficial mark schemes are right...
Should be full raw for full UMS for both IAL and UK papers this year.
Original post by rm761

SinA - SinB = 2Cos(A+B/2)Sin(A-B/2)
anyone remember the marks for each q? and the sub qs?
Anyone help me vectors ?
Original post by MarocMan
thank God, thanks for this man, btw may i ask how you did q2, as i got every other answer you got but couldnt do 2, as i find (dy/dx)^2 subbed into the formula, played about with it couldnt get anywhere, i panicked so made a substitution loool and got nowhere so i skipped. How did you do it and how many marks out of 7 do u think i could get for finding (dy/dx)^2 and subbing into the formula?

No problem, inside the square root, there was 1+(x/4-1/x)^2 which expands and factorises to (x/4+1/x)^2 then the squared cancels the root and out pops a nice integral :smile:
Original post by rm761

using the factor formula shown on c3 formula book and you will find it cancels nicely to the one shown
Original post by Zacken
Should be full raw for full UMS for both IAL and UK papers this year.

Hey Zacken, if N1 is the perpendicular vector to plane Pi1, N2 is that to plane P2, and if N1.N2 = 0, hence N1 is perpendicular to N2. It then follows that P1 is perpendicular to Pi2, correct?
in the reduction question i wrote the integral of cosx as -sin x so my b was -6 and c was 6, how many marks do i lose?

bump
Original post by Major-fury
Anyone help me vectors ?

Which bit do you want? The last bit you had to solve the two cartesian equations by subbing any value into x, y or z. Then solving for the rest and that gives you a.
B was basically the cross product of the two perpendicular vectors.
No problem, inside the square root, there was 1+(x/4-1/x)^2 which expands and factorises to (x/4+1/x)^2 then the squared cancels the root and out pops a nice integral :smile:

omg i expanded and then didnt realise itll factorise that nicley, nice spot tbh, how many marks you think i'd lose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending