The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Anyone who did ial f3?
Reply 841
Original post by SeanFM
First page - go to the top, click on 'tools' and 'add a poll' should be there. If not, I can probably find a study help mod to do it for you (I can't :frown:)

I can't. :frown: It's not there in the tools bit. Can you please help out? :colondollar: Just make it exactly like the S2 thread.
Original post by oShahpo
Hey Zacken, if N1 is the perpendicular vector to plane Pi1, N2 is that to plane P2, and if N1.N2 = 0, hence N1 is perpendicular to N2. It then follows that P1 is perpendicular to Pi2, correct?

Yeah.
Reply 843
Original post by SDJ2000
Anyone who did ial f3?

I did.
Original post by Ayman!
I can't. :frown: It's not there in the tools bit. Can you please help out? :colondollar: Just make it exactly like the S2 thread.

@James A , if you could add a poll to this thread that would be much appreciated. It would look like this one.
Original post by rm761
i think i got 100 in m2, about 70/75 in fp3 and 65/75 in m3 (which was quite easy -_-) and between 65-69 in fp2 which was idk difficult? (lets say 65 for worst case scenario)

do you think that could give me 270/300?

Further Maths for you will be made up of M3 FP2 and FP3, so i think M3 you got 80 FP2 90 if you say 65marks, and FP3 93 but tbh only judge when real boundaries come out because they could even lower than expected, but it will be very very tight for you to get 270
Reply 846
Original post by Ayman!
I did.

Remember any of the answers?
Reply 847
I got everything else same as you except for the last question I got the same direction but different a for (r-a)xb , I think I let x=8 and z=11 to get y. Are we both correct?

Original post by DrSerious
Here are my answers:

1. k=3,-2
2. 5/8 + ln1.5
3. k=2
4. Pi/3
5. 25/3-32/15 sqrt 2
6. Lambda is 9, p=7, q=5
7.1/12 (pi+6sqrt3 - 6)
8. Direction (11,-1,8) point (11/8,-13/40,0) - I expressed z in terms or x and y.

Overall a nice paper, I predicted that reduction formula, it hasn't come up yet and it involves factor formulae, which they seem to love :smile:

My prediction is 68 for A*, maybe a mark above or below that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarocMan
Further Maths for you will be made up of M3 FP2 and FP3, so i think M3 you got 80 FP2 90 if you say 65marks, and FP3 93 but tbh only judge when real boundaries come out because they could even lower than expected, but it will be very very tight for you to get 270

His FM will definitely be M2, FP2 and FP3, he got a 100 UMS in M2, they will definitely count that as FP unless he's doing it with A-level maths.
Original post by MarocMan

nah m2 will count towards it cuz its an a2 module and i got 98 or 100 in it, if it didnt then obv thered be no hope lol
Anyone remember how many marks each q was worth? along with all the sub parts
Reply 851
Original post by SDJ2000
Remember any of the answers?

These are all Zacken's. I agree with them though:

1. (-ln 3, 11 - 7 ln 3)

2. 105/16 sin 2x

3. (a) pi/13(b) ln(1+sqrt(2))

5 (b) 0.25 ln (7 + 4sqrt(3)) + pi/6

6 (a) 4x + 7y + z = 21(b) k = 15/4

7 (a) k=96, (b) p=64/35

8. (b) -84/25 + ln 2

If anyone has a list of all the answers, feel free to quote me - I'll add it to the OP. :smile:
Original post by oShahpo
How hard is step compared to say, FP3 last year?

Much much harder. Step is a different bagame tbh. Only think that can remotely compete with it was the last part of last years paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayman!
These are all Zacken's. I agree with them though:

1. (-ln 3, 11 - 7 ln 3)

2. 105/16 sin 2x

3. (a) pi/13(b) ln(1+sqrt(2))

5 (b) 0.25 ln (7 + 4sqrt(3)) + pi/6

6 (a) 4x + 7y + z = 21(b) k = 15/4

7 (a) k=96, (b) p=64/35

8. (b) -84/25 + ln 2

If anyone has a list of all the answers, feel free to quote me - I'll add it to the OP. :smile:

Zacin cheats in exams. Thats how he gets 100ums all the time. Dnt trust him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rm761
nah m2 will count towards it cuz its an a2 module and i got 98 or 100 in it, if it didnt then obv thered be no hope lol

this is a fact i thought is possible too, until i read into the specification for the maths a level for edexcel, and it states that M3 is ONLY a A2 further or further additional mathematics module, therefore cannot be placed into A2 Maths, however youre right in saying M2 can be A2 Further maths, but the fact youre doing m3 makes m2 an A2 maths module
Reply 855
That's true... Last year's FP3 the last question c really cost a lot time

Original post by physicsmaths
Much much harder. Step is a different bagame tbh. Only think that can remotely compete with it was the last part of last years paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zacin cheats in exams. Thats how he gets 100ums all the time. Dnt trust him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wtf there was another guy who posted his answers and most of mine matched his these clearly can't be right pls reassure me

Posted from TSR Mobile

is STEP I harder than FP3 though, or only STEP II and III are harder?
Original post by SeanFM
@James A , if you could add a poll to this thread that would be much appreciated. It would look like this one.

all done :smile:
Original post by Naeco
That's true... Last year's FP3 the last question c really cost a lot time

I tried doing it geometrically but couldn't work out the relationship between the angles. Did it with algebra in the end, which turned out to be really easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending