The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MarocMan
is STEP I harder than FP3 though, or only STEP II and III are harder?

All of them are harder then any A level module. They require thought and insight into methods and some creativity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naeco
I got everything else same as you except for the last question I got the same direction but different a for (r-a)xb , I think I let x=8 and z=11 to get y. Are we both correct?

I think so, obviously a line will have infinitely many points, so you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A
all done :smile:

Can you post a link to the poll
this is a fact i thought is possible too, until i read into the specification for the maths a level for edexcel, and it states that M3 is ONLY a A2 further or further additional mathematics module, therefore cannot be placed into A2 Maths, however youre right in saying M2 can be A2 Further maths, but the fact youre doing m3 makes m2 an A2 maths module

ive done a level maths already with s1 and s2, its best 3 of ur a2 modules i think so m2 will count i hope
Reply 864
Yeahhhhh :biggrin:

Original post by DrSerious
I think so, obviously a line will have infinitely many points, so you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 865
Original post by Ayman!
These are all Zacken's. I agree with them though:

1. (-ln 3, 11 - 7 ln 3)

2. 105/16 sin 2x

3. (a) pi/13(b) ln(1+sqrt(2))

5 (b) 0.25 ln (7 + 4sqrt(3)) + pi/6

6 (a) 4x + 7y + z = 21(b) k = 15/4

7 (a) k=96, (b) p=64/35

8. (b) -84/25 + ln 2

If anyone has a list of all the answers, feel free to quote me - I'll add it to the OP. :smile:

I just realised that my last ans is wrong:frown:, but im not quite sure of (3)
Original post by physicsmaths
All of them are harder then any A level module. They require thought and insight into methods and some creativity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay thanks, im thinking of picking them up if I took a gap year alongside resitting FP2 as i think it cost me my A* in further maths. Do you think doing AEA maths is a good alternative to STEP or do universities look at STEP maths more highly?
Original post by oShahpo
How hard is step compared to say, FP3 last year?

Are you taking the piss?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they require insight

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SDJ2000
I just realised that my last ans is wrong:frown:, but im not quite sure of (3)

These are for the IAL right ?
Original post by rm761
ive done a level maths already with s1 and s2, its best 3 of ur a2 modules i think so m2 will count i hope

I think M2 can be in AS further maths, however FP2 FP3 and M3 can only be in A2 further maths so M2 wont be, check the specification for more info though
Original post by Insight314
Yes they require insight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you train for them? Or is it just a case of natural talent? I really want to try them now. I will definitely sit them during my gap year.
Do you think doing AEA maths is a good alternative to STEP or do universities look at STEP maths more highly?

Are you joking?

Physicsmaths we've got to educate these lads about STEP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you joking?

Physicsmaths we've got to educate these lads about STEP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

loooool i actually haven't got a clue what i am letting myself in for, but i guess i got a whole year to prepare
Original post by oShahpo
Do you train for them? Or is it just a case of natural talent? I really want to try them now. I will definitely sit them during my gap year.

It is all practice, it helps to have natural talent though. At first you would have trouble getting through even the first parts of a question but after perseverance you will be getting easy 1/S.

You really should try them out, they give you the best preparation for university and STEP is also extremely fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 875
Original post by Major-fury
These are for the IAL right ?

Yeah
loooool i actually haven't got a clue what i am letting myself in for, but i guess i got a whole year to prepare

You and oShahpo should visit STEP Prep Thread, after you've done all your exams of course, the OP on that thread is very useful for beginners. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think M2 can be in AS further maths, however FP2 FP3 and M3 can only be in A2 further maths so M2 wont be, check the specification for more info though

some guy in my school last year did fp1 fp2 and m1 as AS further maths, so if fp2 can be in AS i dont see why m3 cant
You and oShahpo should visit STEP Prep Thread, after you've done all your exams of course, the OP on that thread is very useful for beginners. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely will. Once I am done I will start doing some extra calculus and Step.
Original post by Ayman!
These are all Zacken's. I agree with them though:

1. (-ln 3, 11 - 7 ln 3)

2. 105/16 sin 2x

3. (a) pi/13(b) ln(1+sqrt(2))

5 (b) 0.25 ln (7 + 4sqrt(3)) + pi/6

6 (a) 4x + 7y + z = 21(b) k = 15/4

7 (a) k=96, (b) p=64/35

8. (b) -84/25 + ln 2

If anyone has a list of all the answers, feel free to quote me - I'll add it to the OP. :smile:

For a second I thought this was the answers to my FP3 and I just died!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending