The Student Room Group

prom dress doesn't fit me!

My prom dress is too large on me and its international so I can't swap it in time for a smaller size. Should I get it altered?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes you definitely should, if it was me i would be unhappy until i sorted it
I have tailoring level 700 on WoW with many epic patterns, want me to help 10g fee.
Tbh It's going to take too long to get it tailored.
Original post by saraxh
Tbh It's going to take too long to get it tailored.

just wear school uniform.
Original post by saraxh
x

Oh no :frown: sorry to hear about this…

I've moved this over to a slightly more suitable section in the hope you get some more replies. :h:
Could you post a picture of that dress? I think even if you can't find a sewer, you can do it yourself, just make a stitch from the inside out on both sides of your waist, it should help. Another alternatives would be making some kind of a tie in the back or use a nice ribbon.
get it altered, they can have them done between 1-5 days, I had my prom dress done and everything was wrong with it. Too long straps, too big around chest, too big around waist and too long, it only took 1 week (this needed 2 fittings too) and only cost £45. I think it was also more expensive because it was embroidered so she had to pick off all the beads one by one. If its just along the seams, maybe your mum or a family member could try?
Ah, I'm sure I've seen your prom dress posted on here somewhere. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it might be a little difficult to do yourself but there's probably a tailor or a seamstress around somewhere that can have it fitting perfectly on you in very little time!
Original post by saraxh
My prom was two days ago :smile:

Oops, haha. My bad. I hope you had a good time! How was the dress?
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Oops, haha. My bad. I hope you had a good time! How was the dress?

Thanks I decided to make the straps on the back of my dress tighter by putting pins. This made my dress look like it fit me.
Original post by saraxh
Thanks I decided to make the straps on the back of my dress tighter by putting pins. This made my dress look like it fit me.

Smart idea!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending