The Student Room Group

2016 | OCR A2 Advancing Physics B | G494 & G495 | 20th & 28th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by carysholland
I think adding another cable would interrupt the flux cutting of the first cable, so emfs would be enduced on both and so it wouldn't make a circuit. Not sure if this is the exact reason, but it's definitely something to do with a second cable also cutting flux line

Yeah that sounds about right I think
Reply 181
Does anyone know what the flux loops look like? e.g. question 3a here
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/66749-question-paper-unit-g495-field-and-particle-pictures.pdf
I think its just any loop but im not sure as the mark scheme is very vague
Original post by kennz
Does anyone know what the flux loops look like? e.g. question 3a here
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/66749-question-paper-unit-g495-field-and-particle-pictures.pdf
I think its just any loop but im not sure as the mark scheme is very vague

Yep just any loop through the core connecting the two parts of the flux loop they have given you
Reply 183
Original post by Robert2798
Yep just any loop through the core connecting the two parts of the flux loop they have given you

thanks, would this be ok? Provided I draw it more smoothly, i did it on paint so its not great haha.
Original post by kennz
thanks, would this be ok? Provided I draw it more smoothly, i did it on paint so its not great haha.

It must all go through the iron core
loop.jpg

Original post by kennz

This would be a correct answer
Is it true for anybody else that most of their peers and friends finished their exams last week, whilst your still wallowing in work for tomorrow?

Goddamn I've barely looked at the anm since I did the questions when it was first released.
Reply 187
Original post by Polyrogue
Is it true for anybody else that most of their peers and friends finished their exams last week, whilst your still wallowing in work for tomorrow?

Goddamn I've barely looked at the anm since I did the questions when it was first released.

Nearly all my friends finished either friday or earlier, I've had FP2 today and then this tomorrow to finally end my 11 consecutive exams.

Lets just say I'm going to be getting very drunk tomorrow :smile:
Reply 188
Luckily for this year, all the topics appear to be based on stuff we did in A2 (chapter 11, chapter 18 and chapter 15) and not anything to do with AS topics because I don't remember anything from last year
Original post by Bruhh
Nearly all my friends finished either friday or earlier, I've had FP2 today and then this tomorrow to finally end my 11 consecutive exams.

Ouch haha. I don't take Further. 11? You even beat me by one. Have fun!
I'm going to be returning to my darling baby Dota 2 for the first time in months, and finally get my new game out onto the Play Store. :biggrin:
Original post by Bruhh

Same sittuation lol, eventhough i did fp3 edexcel today and it was piss easy.
Reply 191
Ouch haha. I don't take Further. 11? You even beat me by one. Have fun!
I'm going to be returning to my darling baby Dota 2 for the first time in months, and finally get my new game out onto the Play Store. :biggrin:

I had 12, but M2 was back in May so it feels like forever ago. Ah what type of game is it?
Has anybody been doing section C of the past papers by any chance? If so, how does the difficulty of the questions compare to section B?
Original post by Fangedbeast
Has anybody been doing section C of the past papers by any chance? If so, how does the difficulty of the questions compare to section B?

It's 100% useless to do Section C in the past papers, but bear in mind it's worth the same amount of marks.
Original post by Bruhh
I had 12, but M2 was back in May so it feels like forever ago. Ah what type of game is it?

Ouch, even worse then haha.

It's a silly one-touch space arcade game that'll be on sale for ~£1.99. I price it that way because I hate in-app purchases.

You can check out the silly trailer for it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK79RO_ev9s if you want!

(end of shameless self-promotion)
Reply 195
Ouch, even worse then haha.

It's a silly one-touch space arcade game that'll be on sale for ~£1.99. I price it that way because I hate in-app purchases.

You can check out the silly trailer for it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK79RO_ev9s if you want!

(end of shameless self-promotion)

Haha the trailer made me laugh, shame I have an iPhone! I used to make java games like 4 years ago, but gave up because my art sucked and I never had any interesting ideas.
Original post by Bruhh
Haha the trailer made me laugh, shame I have an iPhone! I used to make java games like 4 years ago, but gave up because my art sucked and I never had any interesting ideas.

Haha I'm glad you liked it. I would release it on IOS too but being lisenced IOS developer costs like £200 up front and like £100 a year, that's cash I don't have haha. Damn it, Apple.
It's 100% useless to do Section C in the past papers, but bear in mind it's worth the same amount of marks.

Not necessarily. If you have fully completed revision and have went through this years pre-release, doing some section C questions could be helpful to prepare you for the question style in section C
Original post by Fangedbeast
Not necessarily. If you have fully completed revision and have went through this years pre-release, doing some section C questions could be helpful to prepare you for the question style in section C

I don't know about that, I think you can get a very good idea as to the kind of questions they'll ask by practising predicted questions, and by just reading the wording of the anm.

E.g. it's almost certain they're going to ask where the energy for tether power comes from because they basically wrote "This is not energy for nothing, though", but never explained why.

I think we can agree to disagree, but I consider doing section C a waste of time.
Does every college have a different set of preliminary questions for the advance notice materials, or are these shared between institutions? If they're not shared I'd urge everyone to post them here so that we can get a nice bit of practice for section C!

(sorry that it's a word document)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending