The Student Room Group

gcse statistics 27th June, how did you find it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ihatehannah
gradient of line of best fit 133.3 ?

I got like 0.8
Original post by Hadleigh2k11
I got it, you had to square EVERY number in the set of numbers individually, and add them up for total of one of them and sub into equation with n as 12

what did u write for the describe the seasonal variations without mentioning calculations.
Reply 22
I got it, you had to square EVERY number in the set of numbers individually, and add them up for total of one of them and sub into equation with n as 12

OOHHH that makes much more sense. Lol oops. Will I still get method marks though?
weight as variable, the one u had to circle was cluster

I got babies height and its secondary because it would have already been recorded at birth?

I put the material of the seat. I circled random argh got that wrong. The next one i put secondary
what did u write for the describe the seasonal variations without mentioning calculations.

That quarter 3 had the most seasonal variation and quarter 4 had the least
Original post by everythinggreen
that standard deviation question got me so confused. :confused::confused: I substituted everything into the equation like normal but i didnt get 0.4. I literally tried everything! The closest i got was 0.7

same !! Omg !!
Original post by nisha.sri
I put the material of the seat. I circled random argh got that wrong. The next one i put secondary

it was primary and material is probably wrong as it said what variable they need to obtain from the babies.
Reply 27

There was a positive seasonal variation for quarter 2 and 3 whilst a negative seasonal variation for quarters 1 and 4
Original post by EverythingGreen
OOHHH that makes much more sense. Lol oops. Will I still get method marks though?

You get one for choosing the right formula and you only got one of the values wrong but it took me a good 5 minutes to actually do the question, went on to extra paper, really tricky question
That quarter 3 had the most seasonal variation and quarter 4 had the least

i wrote that q3 was above trend line, q4 was below the trend line, idk if i wud get the mark.
it was primary and material is probably wrong as it said what variable they need to obtain from the babies.

Oh ok ... I swear it's secondary
Oh ok ... I swear it's secondary

defo primary as the company itself is conducting the survey
Reply 32

I put primary :argh:
defo primary as the company itself is conducting the survey

How though ? Because the hospital already has data and the researchers or whatever are going to take the data from them
Original post by EverythingGreen
I put primary :argh:

I think i got that one wrong :frown: Maybe your right
Reply 35
You get one for choosing the right formula and you only got one of the values wrong but it took me a good 5 minutes to actually do the question, went on to extra paper, really tricky question

Well done you :h:
Reply 36
Anyone have a link to the unofficial markscheme?
I think i got that one wrong :frown: Maybe your right

it said the company wanted to do a survey and it also said the company will be investigating and collecting the data themselves, no other company will be taking the data, so its primary.
the histogram question where you had to estimate the time taken for the 21 runners, did you get 106 minutes?
Reply 39
the histogram question where you had to estimate the time taken for the 21 runners, did you get 106 minutes?

How did you work it out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending