The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RGBlinkFrayXx
Yeah, just came on TSR and realised my mistake 😅 Do you think any working out marks are possible here or did I lose all 4?

You might get a mark for saying E(r) =7
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
I said that the mean was the same as the variance... but my mean and variance were not the same in part a... will i get any marks ?

Probably as they were the same to 1 sf or 2sf, techincally. Right sort of concept so probably but i'm not amazing at stats and by no means an examiner
Original post by taichingkan
I'm sorry, I'm not the best person to ask, but I would think that should still get you in the A region (80-90 UMS)

Thank you for your help! 😊👍🏼
Original post by anndz3007
Just realised it, the letter R and r confused me that's why ahhh
Did you managed the find n question
I got 1.75= (55.5-0.2n)/root16n, and got minus b^2-4ac so i stop at the multipling step :'(

i think it was root(0.16n) not root(16n), I managed to guess 225 and some other answer in the 300s, rejected cause decimal. So my answer was n=225.
Original post by RGBlinkFrayXx
Thank you for your help! 😊👍🏼

It's alright, sorry I couldn't give you a tighter range...
Original post by zombaldia
Probably as they were the same to 1 sf or 2sf, techincally. Right sort of concept so probably but i'm not amazing at stats and by no means an examiner

ah I hope they just give me the mark lol... cause in the formula book it has both the mean and variance for the poisson distribution as being both lamba so thats why i wrote it down ...
Reply 967
c1: 90
c2: 86
s1: 70

c3: 74
c4:78
s2: 55 marks ( maybe a B?)

lol there goes my A
Original post by fefssdf
ah I hope they just give me the mark lol... cause in the formula book it has both the mean and variance for the poisson distribution as being both lamba so thats why i wrote it down ...

Yeah it'll probably be right. Don't worry about it mate. Only 1 mark too
Original post by fefssdf
I do think it has got to go down I mean even the final question with Peter and his bins would've confused some people as people assume its more difficult than it actually is, given its at the end of the paper *prays*

Yeah not many people I asked got it

What is your profile pic? XD
Original post by Student403
Yeah not many people I asked got it

What is your profile pic? XD

Twitter was sending lots of hate towards Peter so hopefully that counts in our favour :smile: .

My profile pic is a page of chapter 2 from c3 :smile:
Reply 971
Anyone up for doing an unofficial mark scheme?
Is there an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by keres

It would be difficult since many people can't remember answers like 0.8337 ect haha - I'm just hoping that physics and maths tutor would've got hold of the paper and the model answers will be uploaded soon !
Original post by imran_
c1: 90
c2: 86
s1: 70

c3: 74
c4:78
s2: 55 marks ( maybe a B?)

lol there goes my A

Im the exact same, bye bye uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 975
Would I get any marks for this?! Question 5) Normal approx...X~B(n,0.2)E(X)=0.2nVar(X)=0.16ntherefore; X~N(0.2n,0.16n) P(X>55)=> CC P(X>=55.5)P(Z>(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.04011-P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.0401P(Z<(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n)=0.9599Therefore;(55.5-0.2n)/rt0.16n = 1.7555-0.2n= 1.75(0.4)(n^1/2)55-0.2n=0.7n^1/2Then I squares out formed a quadratic and tried to rearrange but it didn't solve (yielded imaginary numbers) How many marks out of 8 would I get if any? Was I on the right lines or have I lost the plot.
Original post by keres

I will if someone gets me the paper.
Reply 977
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Im the exact same, bye bye uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

my firm wanted ABB, so im not too fussed with a B in maths but could've done better
Original post by imran_
my firm wanted ABB, so im not too fussed with a B in maths but could've done better

I need aaa so literally just screwed my plans for dentistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cjlh
Lol of all the things to slip up on I got the variance in the first question wrong. All right other that that it looks like, beaming.

hahah same I couldn't for the life of me remember how you would work it out.. I ended up with an answer of -19600 look

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending