The Student Room Group

People who claim Brexiters are less intelligent than Bremainers...

Scroll to see replies

Academic qualifications do not represent independence of mind, especially not the way that education has evolved and turned into, at least in countless state schools across the land, not sure what goes on with the private ones. The way many remainers talk reflects this, it's as though people should be taught 'what to think' not 'how to think'. This is another nod to their authoritarianism and inflexibility. The quality of your morals and your intellect is determined by whether you hold the 'right' belief.
Original post by Samiz
At this stage I'm pretty sure that some remainers actually want our country to go to shambles just so they can say "I told you so!"

Too bad it's not going to happen.

lol I have literally seen some profess that wish explicitly.
Lots of defensive Leave voters here, determined to deny any correlation between intelligence and qualifications.
Original post by lucabrasi98
Well clearly these are untrue. Why? Because if you guys were really as intelligent as you claim, you'd understand that personal anecdotes mean absolutely nothing in the face of a statistic. No one cares about how many A's you apparently got. The issue is that as a vast majority according to every poll published in papers, more educated people are much more likely to vote remain. There's no point debating about it. You can debate about "why". But it doesn't change the fact that it's true. And that being true seems to have made the OP of this thread very salty. He may not be dumb (his biased arguments are though), but a lot of you guys are clearly uneducated.

But that's not the same as saying "no one intelligent voted leave". Seeing as you couldn't even wrap your head around a concept that simple, I'm going to have to call bs on some of your A*'s. In fact I'm willing to bet at least 2 out of 3 of you are lying.

I hope I don't need to think an analogy to help you guys understand how dumb you all sound lol.

The fact that michael gove himself has said the british public are tired of listening to expert opinions just sums up the mentality of most leavers.

"I've been informed enough (through lies I might add. E.g £350mil to the NHS) I just want independence and to get immigrants out my country. These so called experts on the topic are lying!"- half of my facebook friendslist.

Ironically they were all in low sets in school with the exception of 1

I don't care if you think im lying your speculation doesn't concern me, but to say 'educated' people voted remain is just a red herring and misleading, what does somebody who went to bedfordshire university studying media know more about than a builder who went to the local college?

Unless we analyse who does Politics or Economics as 'educated' most other 'educated' people have skill sets which are fairly irrelevant. They are still consuming the same arguments and media as everybody else unless somebody with a degree in physics is going away and reading EU constitutional law in his spare time.
Reply 184
Original post by Samiz
At this stage I'm pretty sure that some remainers actually want our country to go to shambles just so they can say "I told you so!"

Too bad it's not going to happen.

I notice there is also a lot of loony fanatics on their side. Just I read an LibDem member who openly admitted they are searching a way to undermine the vote of the people and stop Brexit. I mean, the idiot made already a bad start.

UK will not renegotiate its exit terms. It will remain in the European economic area. The EU would have two option. Either to loose completely UK by puting tarifs (this will harm more the EU than UK) or a less worse solution is to allow the UK to remain in the single market but not be part of it like Normway and Switzerland.

This what is happening now is planned for years. Even the Scottish referendum was made because to undermine SNP and Sturgeon from threating to secede from UK.

And again this shows, that Torries and right-wing voters are good players unlike the retarded, from gays and muslims obsessed British left.
Reply 185
Original post by slaven
I notice there is also a lot of loony fanatics on their side. Just I read an LibDem member who openly admitted they are searching a way to undermine the vote of the people and stop Brexit. I mean, the idiot made already a bad start.

UK will not renegotiate its exit terms. It will remain in the European economic area. The EU would have two option. Either to loose completely UK by puting tarifs (this will harm more the EU than UK) or a less worse solution is to allow the UK to remain in the single market but not be part of it like Normway and Switzerland.

This what is happening now is planned for years. Even the Scottish referendum was made because to undermine SNP and Sturgeon from threating to secede from UK.

And again this shows, that Torries and right-wing voters are good players unlike the retarded, from gays and muslims obsessed British left.

Lib Dems could offer everybody unicorns and they still wouldn't have a chance of getting elected.
Original post by Samiz
I'm predicted A*A*A, have an unconditional for a top 20 uni in September and voted leave. What is wrong with me!?!?!?!?!?

m8 I graduated from a top 19 uni checkmate.
Original post by Samiz
I'm predicted A*A*A, have an unconditional for a top 20 uni in September and voted leave. What is wrong with me!?!?!?!?!?

Umm... this is a joke right hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Original post by Jaska
Umm... this is a joke right hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 'what is wrong with me!?!?!?' was a joke. The grades and uni stuff wasn't.
Reply 189
Original post by Samiz
Lib Dems could offer everybody unicorns and they still wouldn't have a chance of getting elected.

Here is a secret. The only reason why they have any representation in parliament is because they concentrate their members into constituencies during the general elections. That is why they have more MPs than UKIP although UKIP got mote votes than LibDems.
Original post by Samiz
The 'what is wrong with me!?!?!?' was a joke. The grades and uni stuff wasn't.

So are you implying being predicted 2 a*s and a receiving an offer from Sussex makes you intelligent? Or was that just for bragging purposes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Original post by Jaska
So are you implying being predicted 2 a*s and a receiving an offer from Sussex makes you intelligent? Or was that just for bragging purposes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It obviously shows that as a leave voter I am more intelligent than what some remain voters stereotype me to be, hence the whole point of this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AverageExcellence
your speculation doesn't concern me, but to say 'educated' people voted remain is just a red herring and misleading, .

Neither does how many A's you apparently got. No one actually cares because anecdotes don't matter. For someone who did that well you, don't seem very bright.

And yes, it is misleading. The real way to put it is educated people are more likely to vote to remain. That's the truth and that says a lot.
Maybe it's because the educated can automatically tell things like £350mil will be given to the NHS are complete lies.

I'm assuming the educated people who still stuck with leave disregarded all the lies and thought leaving the EU was worth it to get away from all these immigrants they're afraid of. Either that or they're not as smart as they thought.

Original post by Samiz
It obviously shows that as a leave voter I am more intelligent than what some remain voters stereotype me to be, hence the whole point of this thread.Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to have to quote what I said earlier.

"if you guys were really as intelligent as you claim, you'd understand that personal anecdotes mean absolutely nothing in the face of a statistic. No one cares about how many A's you apparently got. The issue is that as a vast majority, according to every poll published in papers, more educated people are much more likely to vote remain. There's no point debating about it. You can debate about "why". But it doesn't change the fact that it's true. And that being true seems to have made the OP of this thread very salty. He may not be dumb (his biased arguments are though), but a lot of you guys are clearly uneducated.

But that's not the same as saying "no one intelligent voted leave". Seeing as you couldn't even wrap your head around a concept that simple, I'm going to have to call bs on some of your A*'s."
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Samiz
It obviously shows that as a leave voter I am more intelligent than what some remain voters stereotype me to be, hence the whole point of this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ummm... how so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samiz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol.. Sussex is funny
Original post by the IT MAN

They are talking about the baby boomers. These guys were born just after the war. They got all the good stuff that the "greatest generation" made after WWII then pulled the ladders up behind them. Housing in a mess, uni fees, crap economy, now in a final good bye they "get there country back". Worse generation ever.

There is hardly anyone alive anymore who actually fought in WWII and the ones that are are more likely to be pro EU.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lucabrasi98
Neither does how many A's you apparently got. No one actually cares because anecdotes don't matter. For someone who did that well you, don't seem very bright.

And yes, it is misleading. The real way to put it is educated people are more likely to vote to remain. That's the truth and that says a lot.
Maybe it's because the educated can automatically tell things like £350mil will be given to the NHS are complete lies.

I'm assuming the educated people who still stuck with leave disregarded all the lies and thought leaving the EU was worth it to get away from all these immigrants they're afraid of. Either that or they're not as smart as they thought.

I didn't make a case for everyone else i made a case that you can't stereotype, which 'educated' remainers seem to be doing.

The 350m advert was on one bus and they asked a guy who wasn't even part of the official leave campaign or in government can he deliver on the promise, its like asking you if you can promise that government spending will increase if remain won. It was on one bus and the overall principle of the matter is still valid that we save 350m a week.. the whole point has been picked up by butt hurt remainers clutching at straws for another referendum lol.

Your assumptions aren't worth anything, seriously kid who are you to talk down to anyone you've not even got your A level results back lololol. Nobody will take any lectures from you
Reply 197
Original post by lecafe88
Lol.. Sussex is funny

Wow I'm so offended, that one cut deep. From an LSE snob and everything. Damn.
Reply 198
Original post by Jaska
Ummm... how so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not difficult to explain, some remain voters stereotype leave voters to be the ones with bad GCSE and A level grades and whatnot, I was merely showing that I am not one of those people. Is the interrogation over now?
Original post by richpanda
You usually start with 'people with a university degree are more likely to vote remain'. This is 2016. Anyone who can get 2 D grades at A level can get in to some university, albeit not often a quality university.

Let's take Kerry and James. Kerry is 22, and has just received her 2.2 in American Studies from the University of Wolverhampton. She voted remain because she wants to 'experience life' in Europe, and being in the EU will mean that she won't have to apply for a visa or pay roaming charges when she's on holiday before returning to work in a call centre.

James is also 22 and is the co-owner of a building contracting company that he started when he was 19. He voted leave because cheap migrant workers undercut British workers, and he is also worried about how the EU is becoming more authoritarian, and Turkey potentially joining it. He owns a home, has no debt and is called a racist by people online.

Still think a degree makes you more intelligent.

Lastly, the idea that Leave voters aren't just uneducated in general, but are also uneducated on the referendum. Because surely if they were educated, they'd vote remain, right? Right?.

Us working and even lower middle class people are fed up of being told what to do, how we're stupid and uneducated. Whilst you're sitting drinking coffee and eating artisan bread and reading the Guardian, we see nothing of benefit from the EU.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait........There's an actual course on American Studies?!!! There are people out there who will take on thousands of pounds of debt.....to study American Studies?!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending