The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kamez
my offer is A*A* in maths and fm which sucks....i think i got like 90-91 ums in maths though...quite worried if gb rise, i might lose it. and i dont know if they will let me in with A*aa with A* in further maths... and a in maths...what does one say whilst begging the uni to take you in if you miss the offer by a couple marks?

I'm paying you 9 grand
What range of ums would 60-65 raw marks be? In general does everyone think the grade boundaries are going to be high or lower than usual for this paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know how many marks the very last part of the last question was? My a = (00,-1) and my b had over 8, 11 and 5 (can't really remember the order)... tho this seems incorrect judging by everyone else's answers.
Original post by Armpits
I studied Linear Algebra and Analysis at university for a year (when I lived in Germany, dropped out and took A levels to study here for personal reasons) don't talk **** to me about your bloody STEP.

You have NO idea what you're talking about, probably think Maths is magical.

It isn't.

Everything can be fundamentally solved because the logic is fixed, it's just about uncovering it, and in a sufficiently large time interval, all students with an understanding of basic axioms can solve any Step paper.

Whiah you studied algebra and analysis thats impressive since every uni in the world do it.
Hm, with your B in FP3?
Yeh, anyone can solve a step paper. Anyone pretty good.
Didn't say it was magical, all I am saying is yu need a some sort of talent in maths to get an S grade in step. Hard work can can make up for lack of talent to an extent, but some people just have limits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Whiah you studied algebra and analysis thats impressive since every uni in the world do it.
Hm, with your B in FP3?
Yeh, anyone can solve a step paper. Anyone pretty good.
Didn't say it was magical, all I am saying is yu need a some sort of talent in maths to get an S grade in step. Hard work can can make up for lack of talent to an extent, but some people just have limits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not about impressive or not, just saying you literally haven't studied enough Maths for your opinion on the difficulty of STEP to bet significant.

B after UMS scaling possible.

Maths problem for you to consider genius, imagine you get all the method correct and make mistakes in the final calculations, is it possible to get 80 or less?

Maths at university as you'll discover is more grounded in proof, so no less final calculation errors. Plus no UMS scaling.

Try again
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know how many marks the very last part of the last question was? My a = (00,-1) and my b had over 8, 11 and 5 (can't really remember the order)... tho this seems incorrect judging by everyone else's answers.
Original post by study.bud

Think it was 6
Original post by Armpits
Not about impressive or not, just saying you literally haven't studied enough Maths for your opinion on the difficulty of STEP to bet significant.

B after UMS scaling possible.

Maths problem for you to consider genius, imagine you get all the method correct and make mistakes in the final calculations, is it possible to get 80 or less?

Maths at university as you'll discover is more grounded in proof, so no less final calculation errors. Plus no UMS scaling.

Try again

LOL. you are hilarious. yeh, i know Uni maths is not like edexcel modules....
Nice exam, same with S2. Hoping for 2 100s :biggrin:

Only thing is the line (r-a) x d = 0, my vector a was dirty so I hope the edexcel examiners actually take the time to mark it properly and not just flip over it because they can't be arsed...
Any ideas what 67/75 would be in ums? Grade boundaries for A*? I'm so worried I'm not going to meet my offer. FP3 was the module I was most confident about and I ended up doing terribly.
Missed out question 1, 2, 3 and 6 can i still get full UMS
Reply 1031
Original post by Major-fury
I'm actually suprised the question I posted here was the question which came up in a way lmao

You friggin saved my life mate!! I will pay you when I come a millionaire!

SHABA LABA 100UMS HERE I COME!
Reply 1032
Original post by BlazeItSaf
Missed out question 1, 2, 3 and 6 can i still get full UMS

of course you can, all you need is a small loan of a million dollars.
Reply 1033
Original post by Euclidean
Nice exam, same with S2. Hoping for 2 100s :biggrin:

Only thing is the line (r-a) x d = 0, my vector a was dirty so I hope the edexcel examiners actually take the time to mark it properly and not just flip over it because they can't be arsed...

Word.

Mine had so many scribbles everywhere as well, feel like the examiners gonna go "who's this cu.nt making my life so hard 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0"
Reply 1034
For the Diagonal matrix. Did anyone find it was wayyy to long for a 3 marker?
Anyone did IAL F3 and S2 here?
For me F3 was okay, except for proving reduction formula which I think is horrible :frown:
S2 IAL was a walk in the park though. :biggrin:
That exam was FP3asy felt like SATS
I put a thank you note at the back:

Dear Mr edexcel

I have sat you exam now and I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, but I do hope that you allow Arsey the great to post.

Love from DAN K MEMES
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Inges

Looooolllllll
Original post by Inges

There was an identical question last year (June 15 (3c)) about the diagonal matrix. All you had to do was place the eigenvalues at the correct positions in the matrix. And clearly state P and D
Reply 1039
Original post by tgggghghghgh
There was an identical question last year (June 15 (3c)) about the diagonal matrix. All you had to do was place the eigenvalues at the correct positions in the matrix. And clearly state P and D

But it said you had to find P first? What a g.a.y question!

I'll still get credited for doing it the long and boring way na?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending