The Student Room Group

Are women unnatural for not wanting children

Scroll to see replies

Wanting children is natural. People who don't want children are mentally broken and this applies to men too.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
Wanting children is natural. People who don't want children are mentally broken and this applies to men too.

Ok, but then I see plenty of mentally broken single/inadequate parents.
Original post by Anonymous
My male cousin says that he does not want children but when I told him that I don't either he said that it was unusual for a woman as they are supposed to want them, apparently it's unnatural. I said that I don't think it's any more unnatural than for a man as I think women mainly get the desire to nurture after the child is born, hormones kick in etc. Of course people choose to have kids both male and female due to wanting to start a family but I thought the natural/biological drive was more towards having sex than actually wanting a child. With men when the child is born they will feel the instinct to protect and provide. Don't know if what I've typed makes any sense lol hopefully you get what I mean hah but yea what do you think.

It's not "unnatural" but yes it's quite weird.
Original post by Anonymous
My male cousin says that he does not want children but when I told him that I don't either he said that it was unusual for a woman as they are supposed to want them, apparently it's unnatural. I said that I don't think it's any more unnatural than for a man as I think women mainly get the desire to nurture after the child is born, hormones kick in etc. Of course people choose to have kids both male and female due to wanting to start a family but I thought the natural/biological drive was more towards having sex than actually wanting a child. With men when the child is born they will feel the instinct to protect and provide. Don't know if what I've typed makes any sense lol hopefully you get what I mean hah but yea what do you think.

Nothing wrong with it!
Original post by SophieSmall
If it occurs in nature it is natural. Therefore it is natural.

yes
Original post by Rakas21
Sure, but that depends on finding a partner who does not want you to further his bloodline.

The cringe is real :facepalm:

Stop talking about your "bloodline" and "hiers"

We are not in game of thrones and if we were you would be a nameless peasant knee deep in horse ****, not Tywin flipping Lannister.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think I want kids either but my mum said when she was my age she didn't think she wanted kids, then she met my dad and was just like 'i really wanna have this guys kids' so maybe we just need to meet the right guy for our biological urges to kick in.
I know so many women who don't want children, and that's up to them. I mean he's probably just being stereotypical, like when someone's like "omg I hate summer" everyone is shocked because it's like "natural" to like summer. People have different preferences, but I'm with you, totally don't want kid tbh.
I know a lot of women who don't want children, I think especially nowadays, there is a lot less pressure for women to reproduce, and so we are a lot more open about it.

Personally, I never wanted children and the thought used to make me feel sick, but the older I got the more I'm looking forward to having a family and all the monotonous day to day things that come with it :3
Reply 30
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

We are not in game of thrones and if we were you would be a nameless peasant, not Tywin flipping Lannister.

****ing lmao

https://www.gameofthronesquote.com/images/cersei-lannister/the-targaryens-wed-brothers-and-sisters-for-300-years-exk.jpg

We are not in game of thrones and if we were you would be a nameless peasant knee deep in horse ****, not Tywin flipping Lannister.

The creative use of the english language is a gift people do not enjoy far too often.

Where i come from is an irrelevance, i fully intend to die rich (though we're off topic).
Original post by Rakas21
The creative use of the english language is a gift people do not enjoy far too often.

Where i come from is an irrelevance, i fully intend to die rich (though we're off topic).

Unless you become the next Bill gates no one will remember you.
Unless you become the next Bill gates no one will remember you.

Perhaps, though they may remember my dynasty.
The desire not to have children is just part of a change in demographics as a country develops.
I want don't any children of my own; I haven't wanted any since I was 10 and 8 years later my mind has not changed in the slighest.

I try to aviod bringing this topic up because many people label me as being "unnatural" or ask me something absurd like am I scared I will be a bad parent.
I don't think it's unnatural for a women or men to not want children; I actually think that as the world is progressing many couples are deciding not to have children, or at least picking a different route which is to adopt. (Something I want to do)
(edited 7 years ago)
In 1960, and even up to the 1980s, the vast majority of women wanted children. After feminism engulfed the West, a huge number of women decided they no longer wanted children. Make of that what you will.
Original post by Rakas21
Perhaps, though they may remember my dynasty.

Forget the bitter responses, go ahead and have a large family if you can afford it. If you raise your kids with structure and discipline, you'll be remembered as a strong father and be remembered long after you die. And your family will be a source of joy while you live.

If times get tough, or shtf, having a large family is the best thing you could ever have.

Quick Reply

Latest