The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to hear that :frown: people can be really horrible ><
how can the result of a secret vote get out ?
It's funny how the BBC is happy to report about Leavers being offensive to immigrants but not about Remainers being disgusting to Leave voters.
Reply 4
Original post by similarBlank
It's funny how the BBC is happy to report about Leavers being offensive to immigrants but not about Remainers being disgusting to Leave voters.

Because the BBC are pro-Remain.

I don't think my mum would like the publicity though.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Since my mum works in Richmond (London), a majority Remain area, she didn't want to be found out. Well word got around that she voted Leave and one of her female colleagues spat and shouted at her today. She's come back home for a day off.

Of course there'll be an investigation, but it really is disgusting.

Can't people just accept the vote and move on?

I call ********, a secret ballot doesnt just get "around"
Reply 6
That's disgusting and inexcusable. Everyone was entitled to vote for what they wanted, and shouldn't recieve abuse because another person disagrees with their choice.
Reply 7
I feel sorry for her. Pretty pathetic.

Call me biased but
1.How exactly does "word pass" unless you have expressed it to someone, in-fact at least a group.
2. Why did you go anonymous, doesn't really make any sense, sorry, but it make me slightly suspicious.
she should have punched that *****es teeth out
Reply 9
I call bs
Bad? Definitely. Newsworthy? Almost certainly. But does it really merit taking a day off? If it was that serious I assume the police were called to investigate the assault/ABH?
Seems a bit extreme to have a day off because of this..

Was definitely out of order though!
Since my mum works in Richmond (London), a majority Remain area, she didn't want to be found out. Well word got around that she voted Leave and one of her female colleagues spat and shouted at her today. She's come back home for a day off.

I'm actually intrigued enough to want a direct reply.

How does word pass of a secret vote unless she publicly said unless, even though you state she didn't want to be found out.

Once again, why go anonymous?

Changed my mind. I pretty sure this is a troll now.
Well given that she has contributed to the downfall of the country, I'm not surprised she was spat on for making such a stupid choice
It is horrible what they did to your mother, but I don't understand why she should go around telling people.

It is meant to be a private vote. It is supposed to be known only by her and the US Government.

If she did open her mouth, then my advice is for her to close it. Tensions are high now, so everyone needs to be calm.

The worst of the remainers showing their fascist tendencies once more. It really is bizarre how morally superior they think they are, what is tragic is how brainwashed so many of them are by totally simplistic, cynical arguments and manipulation. I honestly think it may be some kind of projected self-hatred. I am sorry for your mum, this is just vile.
Ironically this is probably a troll post by a Brexiter trying to make Remainers look bad.
Original post by marco14196
Well given that she has contributed to the downfall of the country, I'm not surprised she was spat on for making such a stupid choice

You should be utterly ashamed of that, as well as your historical ignorance, your naysaying, and your sides pathetic short termist, miserly fear campaigning.
I wonder if you'd want to spit on the people who wrecked the middle east and killed hundreds of thousands, or who had had hundreds of thousands living of food banks and decimated communities.
Original post by Wired_1800

It is meant to be a private vote. It is supposed to be known only by her and the US Government.

Why are you saying that sinister thing?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Ironically this is probably a troll post by a Brexiter trying to make Remainers look bad.

Considering the amount of vitriol and hate I've both experienced and seen from remainers I personally wouldn't put it past them

Latest

Trending

Trending