The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marco14196
I'd spit on anybody who seeks to cause chaos. That includes those that you have listed. I'm sorry but the Brexit camp, you're just ignorant pigs from the stone age. The Empire is gone. GET. OVER. IT. The pound is down over 10%. The FTSE is now below 6000, the FTSE 250 is down on Friday even more than the FTSE 100. Inflation will soar. The UK economy has just been downgraded to Number 6 in the world. The Scots and Northern Ireland WILL leave. If you think "freedom" is worth destroying everything, fine, have your way. Britain will experience a very large brain drain, myself included, because this country just became more hostile and regressive. Bye Bye England. I loved you but the Little England ******s have ruined the country I love

@Plantagenet Crown

You were saying?
The truth is there has been bigotry, vitriol and racism from both Remainers and Brexiters, in real life and on TSR. Showing one example of a bigot does not mean the OP is true nor excuse the bigotry of some Brexiters.

You yourself insulted them on the 1st page of this thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The truth is there has been bigotry, vitriol and racism from both Remainers and Brexiters, in real life and on TSR. Showing one example of a bigot does not mean the OP is true nor excuse the bigotry of some Brexiters.

You yourself insulted them on the 1st page of this thread.

Actions have consequences, if someone behaves in a vile manner and is saying vile things why shouldn't you call them what they are? Do you expect me to praise them?

Call me a bigot all you want, the economic statistics(real numbers, not made up figures by biased politicians) show the enormity of damage that Brexit is now causing. I'm just angry because this move was economic suicide. I hope students who voted for Brexit have plenty of money because tuition fees.....ha.....£9000......that will look like change now that the EU students will be barred from freely coming in. I'm looking to leave England now. Intolerance and regressive politics have prevailed. Intelligence is now poison to Little England, that's how we are in this spot now. The so called "held back" lower class got tired of people talking rationally and wanted to hear what they wanted to hear. What a pity.
I'm sorry to hear that. The most saddening thing about this whole thing for me, is that it has revealed just how ugly some people are underneath (on both sides of the camp). I understand why some Remain people are angry (this is a MASSIVE deal after all with major consequences), and anger is ok, but surely they realised that there were TWO options in the referendum, and that one side has to lose, before they voted? Therefore a loss was always a possibility. So there is no excuse for spitting because "they lost".

Likewise for the Leave side. I'm not saying your mum has been this way (I'm assuming she didn't from your post), but the dismissive and superior attitude of some Leave people towards Remain is also fanning the flames, when the Leave side could just as easily have been outvoted.

People will move on sooner or later, as events in their own lives catch up with them. In the 2008 financial crisis, I was a teenager and absolutely petrified of what would happen, and angry at everyone who caused it. And yes it was a huge mess, but the only option for me was to live through it, even though it was other people's choices, not mine, that had made things harder. Even though I still needed to vent sometimes, I realised that whining and complaining didn't benefit me or anyone around me. I get that some people have a lot of "fire" but there are much better ways to channel it than verbal or physical abuse. Because neither of those change things for the better.
I'd spit on anybody who seeks to cause chaos. That includes those that you have listed. I'm sorry but the Brexit camp, you're just ignorant pigs from the stone age. The Empire is gone. GET. OVER. IT. The pound is down over 10%. The FTSE is now below 6000, the FTSE 250 is down on Friday even more than the FTSE 100. Inflation will soar. The UK economy has just been downgraded to Number 6 in the world. The Scots and Northern Ireland WILL leave. If you think "freedom" is worth destroying everything, fine, have your way. Britain will experience a very large brain drain, myself included, because this country just became more hostile and regressive. Bye Bye England. I loved you but the Little England ******s have ruined the country I love

Down to 6 from 5, rated in overall GDP, wow big deal. Anyone with a brain knows GDP per person, quality of life, reduced inequality, and social cohesion matter more. You are hysterical and have believed the fear mongering. Look at the prosperity of the Swiss and Norwegians. Both outside the EU, coincidence? Look at the Japanese, Canadians, Aussies, and Kiwis. You're irrational. And, as Peter Hitchens states, England has never been so little as a subject province of an EU monolith. Our legal system and language and foundations span the globe. It's you that's trapped in post-imperial self-loathing, thats why you talk us down and say independence is meaningless. You'd rather be little europeans, if not one step on the way to global governance, with less and less democracy with every passing week, month, and year.
(edited 7 years ago)
Call me a bigot all you want, the economic statistics(real numbers, not made up figures by biased politicians) show the enormity of damage that Brexit is now causing. .

So what about long term? Why are Norway and the Swiss so wealthy and successful? Why are Canada and Australia better off?
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't say you should praise them, just pointing out the hypocrisy of accusing them of spewing vitriol against Brexiters when you are also spewing vitriol against them.

Where is the vitriol coming from the Brexit side? I have seen more ageist and classist sweeping generalisations coming from the remain side than I've ever seen from the brexit side
It's shocking how remain will literally just bandy about propaganda and mudslinging, they have no regard for objective debate, and now they are displaying they have no regard for democratic verdicts. It is utterly risible, desperate and babyish to try and make that petition that invents a fake rule that didn't exist before the vote in order to attempt to delegitimize a vote. Lammy has placed himself in the category of someone who would simply like there two be no more general elections, just a bunch of people who hire each other in London administrating the country.
This people want tyranny, a mere sham of a democracy that serves to reinforce the wishes of the few and pumps out propaganda endlessly.
It's all over TSR and in the news, the racism, xenophobia, as well as calling those who voted Remain retards, stupid etc. It's a shame that this has led to so much hate from both camps.

The divisions in opinion were clearly already there, all this referendum has done is bring them to the surface
It's all over TSR and in the news, the racism, xenophobia, as well as calling those who voted Remain retards, stupid etc. It's a shame that this has led to so much hate from both camps.

Err, the news is wildly biased towards remain and still keep looking for any propaganda they can to make us obedient little shills to the globalist neoliberal agenda. The likes of Alistair Campbell in remain are just bitter and arrogantly whining with entitlement about how we shouldn't have the vote, and how apparently all of us despise people who 'don't look like us'. Once again, I will keep making this point, calmly, rationally, and with irrefutable logic, in the face of their shameful smear campaign, the EU prioritized white migrants and white christian applicants for any job over different ethnicities and religions. Make a single argument(and I don't mean you personally, but remain) with integrity, based on fact or logic, based on hope, the long term, not fear and the short term, and I will listen to it. But I fear if I ask for that there will be a long period of silence.
(edited 7 years ago)
Every time I see people make the democracy point I laugh.

Democracy is based on freely electing MPs who make informed decisions on our behalf. There's a reason why these things usually aren't left up to a public vote.
I was walking down the streets of Sunderland, which "unexpectedly" un-conveniently voted Leave, and I didn't tell anyone I was voting to leave.
Except for my friends,
And my twitter followers.

I was wear my RemaIN top whist staying as discrete as possible on today when some man pushed me and called me a great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jelly, because I voted In. I cried and didn't/won't go to work for the next year.

I reported to the police but haven't done anything, prob because I was wearing my top. Stupid righties police with bosses who dance with Boris at night.

I write this anonymously so that TSR don't find out my address and put me in the now £17,000,000,000 a year NHS.

@OP, please stop lying.
Reply 33
Call me a bigot all you want, the economic statistics(real numbers, not made up figures by biased politicians) show the enormity of damage that Brexit is now causing. I'm just angry because this move was economic suicide. I hope students who voted for Brexit have plenty of money because tuition fees.....ha.....£9000......that will look like change now that the EU students will be barred from freely coming in. I'm looking to leave England now. Intolerance and regressive politics have prevailed. Intelligence is now poison to Little England, that's how we are in this spot now. The so called "held back" lower class got tired of people talking rationally and wanted to hear what they wanted to hear. What a pity.

Intolerant and regressive politics, you mean take the vote away from the poor and the old? You are part of the regressive's
Realistically there's an educated argument for both sides which prevails on TSR but it didn't decide the result.

It was a referendum based largely on immigration and sticking it to the establishment.
Original post by Wired_1800
It is meant to be a private vote. It is supposed to be known only by her and the US Government.

:confused:
Reply 36
lol youre so gullible
Original post by Alexion
Every time I see people make the democracy point I laugh.

Democracy is based on freely electing MPs who make informed decisions on our behalf. There's a reason why these things usually aren't left up to a public vote.

It makes me laugh too the EU is technically far more democratic than the UK. Our Head of State and one of our chambers are completely unelected!

By comparison the EU has one directly elected chamber (the EU parliment), one chamber made up of heads of state (who are voted for in their respective nations elections) and the commission which is chosen by heads of states, the commission president and MEP's, of which the MEP's also get the final vote and can remove the commission by a vote of no confidence which happened in 1999.

I think the misinformation and rubbish picked up by the brexit campaign is a complete farce. While I wouldn't exactly spit on a brexiter, I definitely look down on them for what is a monumentally stupid and ignorant position.

Then you have the racism coming out, on friday and saturday night after the result and all the brexiters got drunk all the racist language came out. Being completely sober on the other side of the bar I couldn't believe such people were actually allowed to vote. And I used to think only americans were too stupid for democracy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I was walking down the streets of Sunderland, which "unexpectedly" un-conveniently voted Leave, and I didn't tell anyone I was voting to leave.
Except for my friends,
And my twitter followers.

I was wear my RemaIN top whist staying as discrete as possible on today when some man pushed me and called me a great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jelly, because I voted In. I cried and didn't/won't go to work for the next year.

I reported to the police but haven't done anything, prob because I was wearing my top. Stupid righties police with bosses who dance with Boris at night.

I write this anonymously so that TSR don't find out my address and put me in the now £17,000,000,000 a year NHS.

@OP, please stop lying.

You didn't go back to work because someone called you a jellyfish?
Original post by drogon
lol youre so gullible

You have 0% evidence that the situation outlined in the OP isn't true

Latest

Trending

Trending