The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

this is so wrong I can't even rebut it...

Are you sure? Is it that you can't rebut it because you know the argument is logical, but are biased and want remain. God, at least I can listen to objective arguments from Remain, not that there are many people who have any. If you think it is so wrong, prove it, and argue against it logically?

So many of the remain 'arguments' even I can even dignify them with that term, are nothing more than the propagandist smears of the brainwashed, and childish insults, plus hysterical fearmongering. You simply have failed to make objective, convincing, positive, truthful arguments. I'm still waiting.
more likely the op is anonymous because he/she doesn't want to get lambasted on their main account for blatantly lying and further causing the divine. no one has addressed the obvious point that the results of a secret vote dont just get out, the op should really have come up with a more convincing lie.
Do you see how what you said may have been a little judgemental though?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Are you sure? Is it that you can't rebut it because you know the argument is logical, but are biased and want remain. God, at least I can listen to objective arguments from Remain, not that there are many people who have any. If you think it is so wrong, prove it, and argue against it logically?

So many of the remain 'arguments' even I can even dignify them with that term, are nothing more than the propagandist smears of the brainwashed, and childish insults, plus hysterical fearmongering. You simply have failed to make objective, convincing, positive, truthful arguments. I'm still waiting.

:toofunny:
Bet you made this story up.
Original post by Anonymous
more likely the op is anonymous because he/she doesn't want to get lambasted on their main account for blatantly lying and further causing the divine. no one has addressed the obvious point that the results of a secret vote dont just get out, the op should really have come up with a more convincing lie.

Is it entirely beyond comprehension to some people that she or somebody else might have let slip her political affiliation from some other source outside of the secret poll? Even if she did let slip her voting affiliation does that mean she deserves to get spat on for exercising her right to vote?

Original post by Twinpeaks
Do you see how what you said may have been a little judgemental though?

I do see it; I just don't care
Original post by Alexion
:toofunny:

Haha. Case closed. An infant without a single rational argument, some of you young remainers are so brainwashed and lazy minded it is pathetic. Future generations will see this was the right decision.
That's a little unchristian though.
Just as it's entirely possible for a brexiter to have punshed a remainer, doesn't make it true and as you said, the onus is on the op to prove it. i cant believe your believing this nonsense when it suits you. if a remainer had made the exact same post about getting spat at by a brexiter i can bet my life savings youd be calling troll like everyone else.

and no one deserves to get spat on.
That's a little unchristian though.

Why are you bringing religion into this? Irrelevant much?
This is not a sound argument. The Queen has zero political power, zero, that's why it's actually quite healthy. The Lords is unelected whilst the commons is, that's the point and it's deliberate, so they Lords checks and challenges the government through experience, acts a counterbalance to their lesser knowledge or understanding, and is not influence or swayed by party political affiliations.
it's actually a vastly more democratic system than the EU, but even in the worst case scenario that it wasn't , we would now have more power to change it in the future. Remain and we have less power over both the authoritarian, centralized EU, and to change our own system. The EU remainers seem to believe in a sort of 'antidote' argument, whereas to me, it's just another layer of power and bureaucrats and political classes which make change even more impossible and the total control of the people even more assured.

How is the UK more democratic? We directly vote for both of the EU's two law passing chambers. Those two chambers then vote themselves for the unelected chamber.

You can arguing the importance of an unelected chamber, but at the end of the day by it's very definition it's undemocratic. I do personally believe in the importance of unelected leaders and chambers but I digress. The undemocratic argument resolves around the Idea the President of the Commissions political power and the fact he's unelected (ignoring that technically he is).... which is not really any different from the queen seeing he is chosen by democratically elected individuals, not too unlike our Prime Ministers (well even they're technically not).

The whole idea is that we now have more power seeing we didn't vote for most of the MEP's is akin to the loosing side of the UK general election saying the same. "I didn't vote for conservative MP's so why can't the party I voted for make all the decisions?" It's a fundamental misunderstanding of democracy and it's almost like Brexiters wanted the UK to be able to ignore the wishes of democratically elected individuals from other states when it came to EU law.

It's more in my opinion to do with the fact people think the EU had more power than it actually has, misunderstanding how it works, misunderstanding how democracy works and then blaming all of the UK issues on the EU despite the vast majority being caused by successive UK governments.
I just thought as a strongly-religious Christian you'd refrain from being so judgemental.

That is all.
Just as it's entirely possible for a brexiter to have punshed a remainer, doesn't make it true and as you said, the onus is on the op to prove it. i cant believe your believing this nonsense when it suits you. if a remainer had made the exact same post about getting spat at by a brexiter i can bet my life savings youd be calling troll like everyone else.

and no one deserves to get spat on.

Actually, I wouldn't. This result seems to have brought out the worst in everybody, Remain or Leave alike. It's not entirely beyond the realm of possibility that someone would be rather, over-passionate, and spit at someone who voted for the opposite of what they did. You see how people behave at football matches and football matters significantly less than political decisions such as this
Haha. Case closed. An infant without a single rational argument, some of you young remainers are so brainwashed and lazy minded it is pathetic. Future generations will see this was the right decision.

You're so deluded it's hilarious :')
I just thought as a strongly-religious Christian you'd refrain from being so judgemental.

That is all.

I am expressing my opinion, as I'm entitled to. Do you have a problem with the expression of my opinion? Then put me on your ignore list.
loads of scenarios are within the realms of possibility but again that doesnt make them true. onus in op to prove it and funny how he/she hasn't said anything about the bit about the secret vote just getting around, obviously because it was a lie
Original post by Alexion
You're so deluded it's hilarious :':wink:

Are you a broken record? You have still not made one single rational argument, all you have is insults. Great advert for the remainers 'oh my gawd little Englanderz racists wrecked my country meh meh meh!'.

Not. One. Rational. Argument.
Are you a broken record? You have still not made one single rational argument, all you have is insults. Great advert for the remainers 'oh my gawd little Englanderz racists wrecked my country meh meh meh!'.

Not. One. Rational. Argument.

I know, I just can't be bothered to debate with a fool like yourself :naughty:
loads of scenarios are within the realms of possibility but again that doesnt make them true. onus in op to prove it and funny how he/she hasn't said anything about the bit about the secret vote just getting around, obviously because it was a lie

Someone with access to all the votes and details who had a grudge against her could have leaked it? You never know with some character types in the workplace, especially, but not exclusively, with women.
your arguments are now getting more and more far fetched and ridiculous, showing your bias that your prepared to believe any made up crap, as long as it shows the remainers in a bad light. everyone else knows its a troll.

and what do you mean someone with access to all the votes ? you dont write your name on the voting card, you just cross a box

Latest

Trending

Trending