The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lawlieto
I'd say between 85 and 90. This exam was significantly easier than previous ones

Yeah it was. I don't know how I screwed up that arcothx question. Considering I got 72-75/75 in FP2 and 71-75/ in M2 would that be enough for A*?
Original post by Datta10
The question was out of 3 would we get at least one mark do you think ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No no u misunderstood me loool our method was 100% correct full marks to be awarded, however u accidentally differentiated cothy wrong and then used wrong identity, so u proved it accidentally, you will get a mark for sure don't know if 2 will be awarded though
does anyone know the actual question for the last question? like what both the equations of the planes were
Original post by target21859
Yeah it was. I don't know how I screwed up that arcothx question. Considering I got 72-75/75 in FP2 and 71-75/ in M2 would that be enough for A*?

Both M2 and FP2 were slightly harder than usual, it seems like you have high A*s in both of them... we all know that averages to 90+ with an A in FP3.
I'm almost a 100% sure you have an A* in further maths :biggrin:
Both M2 and FP2 were slightly harder than usual, it seems like you have high A*s in both of them... we all know that averages to 90+ with an A in FP3.
I'm almost a 100% sure you have an A* in further maths :biggrin:

Thank goodness for that. I really don't want to miss my offer. I know that I'm easily capable of achieving an A* but I suck at doing exams lol xD
Original post by MarocMan
No no u misunderstood me loool our method was 100% correct full marks to be awarded, however u accidentally differentiated cothy wrong and then used wrong identity, so u proved it accidentally, you will get a mark for sure don't know if 2 will be awarded though

Aah i understand, hope so , i don't know how i feel like I completely messed up, i have the feeling got aroung 60 hope that'll be at around 70 ums so i can get an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Datta10
Aah i understand, hope so , i don't know how i feel like I completely messed up, i have the feeling got aroung 60 hope that'll be at around 70 ums so i can get an A overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahh dw that'll be like 77/78UMS I think so u definitely hit that A grade even if u dropped 2marks more worst case scenario, well done and good luck on results day. I know I ****ed up FP2 real bad so A* is out the window, I did so badly that the fact I got A*A* in m3 and fp3 means nothing to the A* in further maths loool
Original post by target21859
Thank goodness for that. I really don't want to miss my offer. I know that I'm easily capable of achieving an A* but I suck at doing exams lol xD

Today I had an S2 FP3 clash. I started with S2... I thought I was gonna faint and all that, I felt like vomiting, I was so exhausted (I've had 11 exams altogether this month)
I wanted to get up and leave..
Then I ate a bar of chocolate.
Hopefully I got full UMS :biggrin:
My secret is: CHOCOLATE
Today I had an S2 FP3 clash. I started with S2... I thought I was gonna faint and all that, I felt like vomiting, I was so exhausted (I've had 11 exams altogether this month)
I wanted to get up and leave..
Then I ate a bar of chocolate.
Hopefully I got full UMS :biggrin:
My secret is: CHOCOLATE

I had the same clash and I sat at the wrong table twice! :biggrin: I was so tired and didn't eat anything for breakfast...that was wise of me. Normally got full ums on past papers...
Can anyone remember their answer for q5 last part
We needed to work out the coordinates of y on the hyperbola from intersection of normal and asymptotes ?
And the marks for this part
Does someone remember the last question - I mean the equations in the question?
Original post by M.green
Can anyone remember their answer for q5 last part
We needed to work out the coordinates of y on the hyperbola from intersection of normal and asymptotes ?
And the marks for this part

125/15 -(32/15)root2 something like that
How many marks would I get out of 5?image.jpgthe arrow is the last thing I wrote
Would this paper let 74 raw marks to be full ums?
Reply 1074
Original post by chrisidialu
Would this paper let 74 raw marks to be full ums?

really doubt it.
grade boundary predictions?
Would 67-69 be enough for 84 ums ( what I need for a* further )

Do you think grade boundaries could be 66 for A, 70 A*??

June 2012 had those boundaries but I thought this was harder
Original post by Olymedeus
Would 67-69 be enough for 84 ums ( what I need for a* further )

Do you think grade boundaries could be 66 for A, 70 A*??

June 2012 had those boundaries but I thought this was harder

I'd feel more comfortable with 69 for the A*, it was a straightforward paper I feel but I sort of ran out of time because of that last vectors question which I think I got wrong and the reduction formulae question was quite difficult for 3 marks. I know a few people who think they messed quite it up quite a bit but GBs are hard to predict :P Shouldn't be higher than 70 though hopefully!
Instead of 2/3arctan(e^x/3) + C I ended up with 1/6arctan(e^x) as I divided by 2 instead of taking 2 out of the integral. How many marks do you think I'll get out of 4?
Original post by Olymedeus
How many marks would I get out of 5?image.jpgthe arrow is the last thing I wrote

drop 2?

swag, I've got the same board

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending