The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) FP2 Monday 27th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tobybes
No sorry, it isn't

that was the correct answer...
Original post by henry_rolt.98
Come in guys its great if it went well for you personally but please stop scaring peopl

Spoiler

Reply 202
Original post by jcardiff
Grade boundaries?

I'd say between 60-63 A*, 53-55 A. If it wasn't for the proof by induction question would guess higher
Reply 203
Original post by Dom1997
When I read the induction question after doing the series question I officially said goodbye to my A* in FM

Yeah trust, but hopefully majority of people are in the same boat. I know nearly all of my class had forgot
There you go, full solutions, not 100% sure on mark allocation though.
Original post by XY123
Yeah trust, but hopefully majority of people are in the same boat. I know nearly all of my class had forgot

Yep bar the people doing Step 2 and 3 the rest of us had no clue and winged it.
Original post by henry_rolt.98
There you go, full solutions, not 100% sure on mark allocation though.

Thank you so much! I agree with all of these - I think the mark allocation is also correct
Did they ask us to sketch the y^2=f(x) graph on the same axis as the y=f(x), as I did this but I don't think I should have? Do you reckon they'll mark it anyway?? Also will 61 be enough for 80 UMS?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by longlive
Did they ask us to sketch the y^2=f(x) graph on the same axis as the y=f(x), as I did this but I don't think I should have? Do you reckon they'll mark it anyway?? Also will 61 be enough for 80 UMS?

I think the question said to sketch it on the same axis. Yes, 61 will definitely be over 80 UMS.
61 is close to 90 ums. The question gave you space to sketch a graph. It wouldn't give so much blank space unless it was a separate graph.
Ok so I think I've averaged 89% - 67/72 in D2, 70/72 in S2 and 55/72 in FP2

Someone kill me now
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 211
Original post by Mr.Raskolnikov
61 is close to 90 ums. The question gave you space to sketch a graph. It wouldn't give so much blank space unless it was a separate graph.

I assumed the blank space was just there in case you messed up and needed to start over.

I vaguely recall the question saying you needed to sketch the graph on the same axes, but I could've misread it, so don't take my word for that :tongue:
Original post by duncanjgraham
Ok so I think I've averaged 89% - 67/72 in D2, 70/72 in S2 and 55/72 in FP2

Someone kill me now

DId you not do FP3/M2?

I'm fairly sure that you had to sketch the graph on the same axes. Otherwise they wouldn't have printed a copy of the original graph in the answer book.
Original post by marioman
DId you not do FP3/M2?

mucked up m2 and my school can't teach fp3 :P

* im in gap year so self-taught fp2, d2, s2 * didn't fancy self-teaching fp3
(edited 7 years ago)

Yes, the question said sketch on the copy of the diagram but if you drew it seperately I doubt they'll mark you down just for misreading the question as long as you've got the shape right
Original post by duncanjgraham
mucked up m2 and my school can't teach fp3 :P

You might not have done as badly on M2 as you think. Everyone hated it including my friend who has a Physical NatSci offer from Cambridge.
Original post by marioman
You might not have done as badly on M2 as you think. Everyone hated it including my friend who has a Physical NatSci offer from Cambridge.

That's a good point actually, we'll see. . . . :s-smilie:
Reply 218
I found M2 to be absolutely horrid, and so did two of the other three FM students I took it with. Will be really interesting to see what the boundaries for that will be...

Right before FP2 I felt just as screwed as I did before M2 (those two have always been the modules I've struggled the most with), and I was expecting the worst today, but I actually found the exam to be pretty straightforward. Not super easy but it wasn't the M2-level disaster I was preparing myself for.

There's no way I'm getting A* on Further Maths at this point, but that's alright since I don't need it. I might have barely scraped 90UMS for FP2 but I'm 99.9% sure I won't get it on either S2 or FP3.

I got 193UMS on C1+C2 and I'm pretty sure I've managed 90+ on C3+C4, so my M1 and M2 will probably count towards an A* for Maths as they're my worst modules.

I think I've got 200UMS for S1+D1 so that means I only need an average of 70 UMS on FP1, FP2, FP3 and S2 to get an A in Further.
Original post by longlive

I think 61 will be enough for 90! That was hard IMO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending