The Student Room Group

Year 10 Maths Mocks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethanuallllll
I have been doing my Edexcel maths mocks and I have done 1 non-calculator and one calculator paper and I have one more calculator paper tomorrow.
I know I got 55/80 in the first one but not sure about the second.

How did everyone else get on in these? My year group are finding them REALLY difficult (average score of around 30/80 in the top set)

I have my non-calculator one tomorrow and the calculator one the day after >.<
Original post by bluepearl7
Oh good luck with that! How many GCSES are you doing in total? I've done 1 so far and I have 11 left.

Done 2 got 17 more 😂😂😂😂
Original post by chris2791
Done 2 got 17 more 😂😂😂😂

you took 19 gcse? you must be trolling
Original post by theBranicAc
you took 19 gcse? you must be trolling

no I took 11 but each exam ie maths has 3 papers
Original post by BhavyaB
I have my non-calculator one tomorrow and the calculator one the day after >.<

how did you find your non calculotr? did you get any question asking about avergare words per minute, and a iscocless trapezium
how did you find your non calculotr? did you get any question asking about avergare words per minute, and a iscocless trapezium

I had those questions. The isosceles trapezium once I finally worked out how to do it was really satisfying :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
I had those questions. The isosceles trapezium once I finally worked out how to do it was really satisfying :smile:

yeah I think we did the same exam, did you also have that ratio question were 20% of men were under 20 and 40% of female were under 20. I think ive got like 55/80, which i know its not that good and i can do much better
(edited 7 years ago)
yeah I think we did the same exam, did you also have that ratio question were 20% of men were under 20 and 40% of female were under 20. I think ive got like 55/80, which i know its not that good and i can do much better

Yeah I had that question :smile: I have absolutely no idea what I got because we aren't allowed our results back until they've been moderated in September! but one teacher gave into his class and gave them their results so judging by their results I'm hoping for about 65. 55/80 is good :smile: If you're on 55 now then you can easily increase that before next year and you'll be all good :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I do have a smilar paper to the on which you would be doing, however isn't that cheating ?

exactly

this is my first time doing the higher tier so i had no idea how the exam looked like THATS WHY I WAS ASKING FOR THE PAPERS and by the way its too late i got my results back and i got 60/80 which was the best score
Original post by blue sky1122
this is my first time doing the higher tier so i had no idea how the exam looked like THATS WHY I WAS ASKING FOR THE PAPERS and by the way its too late i got my results back and i got 60/80 which was the best score

You've already got your results back, weren't meant to receive them in September?

that's what the specimen papers on the edexcel website is for...
You've already got your results back, weren't meant to receive them in September?

no eveyone got there results back about a week after the test
no eveyone got there results back about a week after the test

PIXL did tell schools not to tell their students the results until they were back from moderation but some school decided to ignore them. So technically @theBranicAc is correct as that is when the moderation will be back and your mark will be amended then. At this point many teachers disagree as to whether they should be allowed to be given back but imo it's maths so how far off the mark scheme can you be? I think we should be allowed our results but hey, we don't get a say if our school follows the rules :frown:
Reply 53
Everyone has done so well! I got 54/80, 39/80 and 43/80 and thats the best i have ever done!
Original post by JEG666
Everyone has done so well! I got 54/80, 39/80 and 43/80 and thats the best i have ever done!

that's still pretty good. The average for m class(set 1 ) was like 20-30. I got 58, 58 and 68

Quick Reply

Latest