The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds or Exeter

Hi everyone.
I have been struggling to make my decision about which one to choose.
I have offers from both universities in Medical Sciences, but I'm still not sure which one to go.
I have heard life in Exeter in a bit harder and more expensive, but the university is better comparing to Leeds, at least in rankings (Exeter is 9th, Leeds is 17th).
In the other hand life in Leeds is cheaper and its a bigger city and more opportunities like part-time jobs, but the university is not as good as Exeter but still its a good one.
I want to go into medicine after doing my degree as a graduate. So I was wondering if the ranking of the university matters or not.

How better Exeter university is comparing to Leeds?
Does Exeter worth the harder and more expensive life?
Any help?
Original post by Sadegh_H
Hi everyone.
I have been struggling to make my decision about which one to choose.
I have offers from both universities in Medical Sciences, but I'm still not sure which one to go.
I have heard life in Exeter in a bit harder and more expensive, but the university is better comparing to Leeds, at least in rankings (Exeter is 9th, Leeds is 17th).
In the other hand life in Leeds is cheaper and its a bigger city and more opportunities like part-time jobs, but the university is not as good as Exeter but still its a good one.
I want to go into medicine after doing my degree as a graduate. So I was wondering if the ranking of the university matters or not.

How better Exeter university is comparing to Leeds?
Does Exeter worth the harder and more expensive life?
Any help?

Honestly, the ranking for medicine doesn't matter as you'll no doubt get a job after. I don't think it matters for medical science either.

I was in the same position as you. I looked at the course structure, and decided that Leeds was better for me. It depends on which university you think you'll like more.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Peppercrunch
Honestly, the ranking for medicine doesn't matter as you'll no doubt get a job after. I don't think it matters for medical science either.

I was in the same position as you. I looked at the course structure, and decided that Leeds was better for me. It depends on which university you think you'll like more.

Thank you so much.
What course are studying in Leeds? what do you think about the university it self?
Original post by Sadegh_H
Thank you so much.
What course are studying in Leeds? what do you think about the university it self?

I'm going to study economics and geography with a year in industry at Leeds this September.

From the open day and applicants day I went to, the SU seems to be very good. Much better than the Exeter one. The weather is worse at Leeds however, but I wouldn't say that's a reason to reject a university (was raining or snowing when I went to Leeds). I have to say even though there is a LOT of concrete at the Leeds campus, the Business School is really good, especially as it's in a converted church. I think I just really liked the old buildings at Leeds like the Parkinson Building, Brotherton Library and the Great Hall. Also, Leeds was closer to me than Exeter, which was kinda one of my major factors as my Dad said he wouldn't take me down to Exeter :frown:. I liked the atmosphere at Leeds more as it seemed more friendly than Exeter tbh.

Not as many hills at Leeds and the location is much more in city centre, so more access to facilities.

Did you go to the open days? They give you a greater feel of the place.
Which one would you say is harder to get into for maths? Or just overall?

Quick Reply

Latest