The Student Room Group

What age do you want to be married by?

Just curious. I always said before I was 30, can't see that happening now. I'm 25 but i only just met my boyfriend this year and i would like to be going out with someone for a few years before I'd get engaged. Then another year or 2 before I'd get married. And honestly I don't think I'd be ready at 30. I still feel that I have the mental age of an 18 year old sometimes

Scroll to see replies

I've always known that I never want to get married.
Reply 2
Original post by niv1234
I've always known that I never want to get married.

Any reason? Or has it just never appealed to you?
Original post by lisam191
Just curious. I always said before I was 30, can't see that happening now. I'm 25 but i only just met my boyfriend this year and i would like to be going out with someone for a few years before I'd get engaged. Then another year or 2 before I'd get married. And honestly I don't think I'd be ready at 30. I still feel that I have the mental age of an 18 year old sometimes

We've agreed 2018, so i should be 23/24 when we get married. (he's 4 years older and i m a very old soul and would like to have kids mid 20's really)
(edited 7 years ago)
No earlier than 30. I want to be financially stable as well as have the relationship last a minimum of 5 years (3 living together) before I even consider marriage.
Original post by claireestelle
We've agreed 2018, so i should be 23/24 when we get married. (he's 4 years old and i m a very old soul and would like to have kids mid 20's really)

Thats nice I wish you all the best. I just wanted to tell you that you've typed 'he's 4 years old'.
I always idealised myself as getting married by 25 but I'm 21 now and the guy that I'm (sorta but not really) with is the I-don't-wanna-settle-down-so-soon-and-have-kids-ew type so I'm hoping by 30, at the most!
Any reason? Or has it just never appealed to you?

It kind of creeps me out. I'm happy for other people when they get married but its just not for me. I never want to be in a relationship of any kind.
Reply 8
We've agreed 2018, so i should be 23/24 when we get married. (he's 4 years old and i m a very old soul and would like to have kids mid 20's really)

That seems still pretty young to me. I suppose everyone is different really. Yeah I know mid twenties is a good time to have kids, I've no interest in having kids though. Well not right now, maybe my feelings will change when I'm in my 30's but I can't see it
Reply 9
We've decided on January 2019 or 2020 for our wedding so I'll be about 27/28 by then and that is fine with me. I've always wanted to get married before my 30s but it wouldn't be make or break if we didn't get married before then. As long as we're happy and together, that is all that matters to me :h:

I feel ready for marriage right now as we have been together and lived together for so long already but we want to save up and have a proper wedding and all that jazz plus we have a lot on right now with my stepdad and papa being ill and myself, so those things come first at the moment. The wedding is the something to look forward to though and cheers me up when I feel low :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Don't think you meant to write that he's only 4 years old? That would be both illegal and paedophilia
Original post by niv1234
Thats nice I wish you all the best. I just wanted to tell you that you've typed 'he's 4 years old'.

Original post by super_kawaii
Don't think you meant to write that he's only 4 years old? That would be both illegal and paedophilia

thank you,shall fix it now:P
I'm already married on TSR...
To my beautiful wife @fatima1998

And irl, I wanna get married by 27...
23-27 somewhere there :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by niv1234
It kind of creeps me out. I'm happy for other people when they get married but its just not for me. I never want to be in a relationship of any kind.

r u asexual

I'm sorry, he's what?! :eek: It's not good to be an old soul and your husband to be 4 years old... :tongue:
By 30 hopefully
I just want to have a wife so we can have sex all night on the honeymoon and then we can break up and then rinse and repeat
That seems still pretty young to me. I suppose everyone is different really. Yeah I know mid twenties is a good time to have kids, I've no interest in having kids though. Well not right now, maybe my feelings will change when I'm in my 30's but I can't see it

It's younger than average supposedly, i was a bridesmaid for a couple who were 21 and 23 on saturday (and they'd been together 6 years and had settled together a while back so its the right decision for them). With genetics and one of my parents passing in their mid 30's, i'd like to have kids pretty early on so they get me for as long as they can (and i refuse to get a mortgage before marriage:P) .
We've agreed 2018, so i should be 23/24 when we get married. (he's 4 years older and i m a very old soul and would like to have kids mid 20's really)

Why not do the things you really want to do before you have kids
Original post by Rhythmical
I'm sorry, he's what?! :eek: It's not good to be an old soul and your husband to be 4 years old... :tongue:

i've fixed it now, he's 4 years older than me (25:P)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending