The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 - 27th June 2016 AM

Scroll to see replies

I did they hypothesis test question right but I said 0.2396>0.1 instead of 0.01 but I wrote the correct conclusion how many marks would i lose
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by igotohaggerston
I did they hypothesis test question right but I said 0.2396>0.1 how many marks would i lose

none the accept both decimal and percentage
Original post by ISAAQAHELP

But 0.1 isn't 1 percent is what he means

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by igotohaggerston
I did they hypothesis test question right but I said 0.2396>0.1 instead of 0.01 but I wrote the correct conclusion how many marks would i lose

One for accuracy maybe? But I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you th benefit of the doubt.
For the normal approx question I did the method perfectly and I stupidly forgot to square the answer as I did the quadratic in terms of rootx and I put 15 as N and stated this was not correct as it's less than 55 it was a matter of forgetting to square to get 225, do you think id lose 1 mark or two?
64/75 ums?
Original post by target21859
64/75 ums?

Roundabout 80 UMS would be my guess (although I didn't see the paper - solely judging from reactions).
Original post by Ayman!
Roundabout 80 UMS would be my guess (although I didn't see the paper - solely judging from reactions).

only 80? :frown:
Normal Approx I did this can someone tell me what I'd lose

X-B(n,0.2)

Goes to

Y-N(0.2n,0.16n)

P(Y>55) = P(Y>55.5) = P(Z>(55.5-n)/0.4rootn)) = 0.0401 (whatever t was) Then I did p(z<=(55.5-n)/0.4rootn) = 0.9699

therefore (55.5-n)/0.4rootn = 1.75

I then solved a quadratic and got the value of N as 51. The slip I made was misreading my own writing and putting 55.5-n instead of 55.5-0.2n

How many dropped??

Posted from TSR Mobile

64/75 would definitely guarentee you an A
It was a fair paper with some unusal twists and traps like the uniform distribution and the normal aprox was unusual too. Id be guess 86-88UMS
Original post by iMacJack
But 0.1 isn't 1 percent is what he means

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh didn't see that prob one accuracy mark. they might not notice like i did but i am doing 2 stuff at once so i wasn;'t paying attention
Original post by river222
64/75 would definitely guarentee you an A
It was a fair paper with some unusal twists and traps like the uniform distribution and the normal aprox was unusual too. Id be guess 86-88UMS

Worrying won't help but the wait to find out what I got is killing me :frown:
Original post by iMacJack
Normal Approx I did this can someone tell me what I'd lose

X-B(n,0.2)

Goes to

Y-N(0.2n,0.16n)

P(Y>55) = P(Y>55.5) = P(Z>(55.5-n)/0.4rootn)) = 0.0401 (whatever t was) Then I did p(z<=(55.5-n)/0.4rootn) = 0.9699

therefore (55.5-n)/0.4rootn = 1.75

I then solved a quadratic and got the value of N as 51. The slip I made was misreading my own writing and putting 55.5-n instead of 55.5-0.2n

How many dropped??

Posted from TSR Mobile

probably 2-3 marks
Worrying won't help but the wait to find out what I got is killing me :frown:

Same!
I forgot to square 15 to get 225 and i messed up on the circle question, everything else was pretty good I reckon ive got around 67-70 dependant.
I really need A* after screwing up M2 despite getting 95 last year on D2
Original post by river222
Same!
I forgot to square 15 to get 225 and i messed up on the circle question, everything else was pretty good I reckon ive got around 67-70 dependant.
I really need A* after screwing up M2 despite getting 95 last year on D2

Yeah I need A* in FM. My exams went so well last year but this year I really screwed up. I know I can do it but not under exam conditions. I always make really stupid mistakes.
oh didn't see that prob one accuracy mark. they might not notice like i did but i am doing 2 stuff at once so i wasn;'t paying attention

Yeah... there's no chance of them not noticing haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

0.1 isn't the correct significance level so he would lose a mark at least. it was 1% not 10%
i did q5 by trial and error so how many marks would i get? i also correctly changed the binomial to normal and did a continuity correction but couldn't get the correct answer unless i did trial and error?

Well, S2 is sort of unpredictable. That mark would easily get you a solid A with 84+ UMS on IAL June 14 or June 15, but would be a high B on UK 15 or IAL Jan 16... I say relax until the grade boundaries are released - even then, you could still be severely underestimating yourself! :biggrin:
Does anyone know if @kprime2 is DOIN model answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending